Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
South Carolina Schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

South Carolina Schedule

Feb 26, 2013, 2:09 PM

Face UNC, UGA to start off season.

http://taylors.patch.com/articles/usc-to-kickoff-college-football-season-on-espn-2f74f936

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson will know after week 1

Feb 26, 2013, 2:14 PM

If they're championship contenders. SC will know after week 2. UGA will be the litmus test for both.

Re: Clemson will know after week 1

Feb 26, 2013, 2:49 PM

well if we both beat UGA is it a true test? What if Georgia is just going to stink out loud bc of their defense? IF we beat them and they beat Usuc then maybe. Can't wait for the drama of College Football to begin to unfold!

Re: Clemson will know after week 1

Feb 26, 2013, 4:24 PM

If we beat UGa, then the odds of the ##### beating them as well go way up. Early in the season, I can see young defenders not bringing their focus after an early physical defeat.

If, on the other hand, UGa beats us in the Valley, their confidence will be up and likely, so will their focus to avenge their loss in Columbia last season.

Georgia will definitely know***

Feb 26, 2013, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Clemson will know after week 1 ]

Dude SC has beaten UGA 3 straight and they haven't

Feb 27, 2013, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Clemson will know after week 1 ]

been champion material. So beating UGA really means nothing for SC, at least the last 2 years. UGA started 0-2 in 2011, yet won the SEC east anyway

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll probably be 10-1 or 9-2 going into the Clemson game.

Feb 26, 2013, 2:15 PM

I think they drop one or both games between UGA and UF. UNC could give them a scare, but I don't think they can pull the upset unless SCAR plays just terrible (which come to think of it isn't unrealistic. I watched them open against Vandy last year and they looked just awful).

If we beat UGA we should (read should) be 11-0 going into Willy B. That should be interesting.

I was at Vandy also, scu doesn't always start strong***

Feb 26, 2013, 3:22 PM

Not very challenging... They even say

Feb 26, 2013, 2:23 PM

"it's manageable"... They finish up 9-3 or 8-4. Loses to uf, uga, and the CLEMSON TIGERS and maybe vandy. All are getting better and scar doesn't appear to be improved

Re: Not very challenging... They even say

Feb 26, 2013, 4:08 PM

I know, racking up back to back 11 win seasons while demolishing your rival for the fourth year in a row...definitely not making any strides.

i still don't think y'all are replacing players that leave,

Feb 26, 2013, 4:47 PM

with as good or better players, at least not to the same extent ( for example you lose 2-3 very good players and sign 1 good player), which does mean that usuc will be regressing, not progressing. the same can be said for usuc's coaching staff. y'all have reached the peak your program is capable of (with help from uga,uf,and tennessee all being down). uga and uf appear to be getting better, tenn., not so much, as they have been overtaken by vandy.

clemson is just the opposite, we are finally getting to where we are capable of beating ANYONE we face, if we play our game. our offense will be top 5 nationally, without a doubt, and we are entering year 2 under bv, following a yr. in which we improved little by little all year long, and are replacing players we lose with higher rated players at almost every position ( esp. the defensive secondary, the position that both of our losses can be contributed to, why else do you think sos started thompson,when he had shaw ready and available).

we'll see ya'll at the roach in november, and i can't wait. payback is long overdue- and so is the rent!

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

Re: i still don't think y'all are replacing players that leave,

Feb 26, 2013, 6:00 PM

I disagree with the replacing talent part of your post in that losing a player is replaced by who you sign this year. I think the replacement should be evaluated by who is in your program now. If either of our programs are basing expectations with filling empty positions with true freshman than we both could be in trouble. Our secondary could take a step back losing Holloman and Swearinger and the linebackers could take a step back even though that is uncertain. We lose the entire two deep but none of them were super star players. Who knows.

Feb 26, 2013, 8:36 PM

LB is a concern b/c all of the players are young, but in the secondary, at wr and on the dline we are replacing players that are leaving with guys that have been on the team for several years and should know the playbook.

I'd rather have a player that has been in the system for a couple year than a super ballyhooed freshman moving into a starting role.

Feb 26, 2013, 6:07 PM [ in reply to i still don't think y'all are replacing players that leave, ]

no homer-ism in this post...
First off, Shaw was far from ready and available for the Clemson game. Did you see what he did against Clemson in 2011? If he was close to healthy then he would have played.
Now on to your actual post-
What great players is South Carolina losing? Our Lb's? I bet you couldn't name 2 of our Lb's without looking them up and neither could most gamecock fans. That's because they weren't very good. Wilson was decent and the leading tackler but nothing you can't replace. Who else? Swearinger? I've heard multiple times on here that he is worthless and is only good for an "illegal" hit a game. Ace? Yeah he's replaced by Mr. Football in SC Shaq Roland and Alshon's brother. If you said Lattimore I would agree with you but let's be honest, we've played without him for 2 years now basically. Taylor? He's replaced by a man with just as many sacks as him last year. So, who is it that we can't replace? How do you plan to replace AE and Nuk?
I heard this last year when Alshon was going to be a huge loss, and melvin ingram, stephon gilmore, and antonio allen were irreplaceable. Our offense wouldn't have any wr's step up and our D would suck. Overall, the consensus on here was that South Carolina would sink back into mediocrity and be 7-5 and get killed by clemson. Nice prediction there...
Take your orange glasses off and just accept the fact that the Gamecocks are a legit team.(I can admit clemson is a legit team too. Neither are elite.)They have been in the top 10 for 2 years now for the most part and won 30 games in 3 years. It's not a fluke! I'm sure you'll then say that's because Uga and Uf are down..well those teams combined to win 23 games this year. How can you say with a straight face that Clemson is capable of beating anyone in the country and South Carolina isn't? Clemson can't even beat lowly South Carolina. The Gamecocks, whether you like it or not will probably be favored in all 12 games preseason. Obviously things can change as the year goes on but to sit there and say before the season even starts that Clemson will have made enough improvement to beat anyone in the country, yet South Carolina(who Clemson hasn't lost to the Gamecocks by less than double digits in 4 years) is idiotic. I can't wait for football season.

shaw could have and would have played if needed.

Feb 26, 2013, 7:16 PM

as far as losses, how do you state that " . That's because they weren't very good. Wilson was decent and the leading tackler but nothing you can't replace." the leading tackler part should tell you something. latty is still projected as a 4th or 5th rnd. pick, after a 2nd major knee injury so, yeah, i guess he ain't no good either, usuc will just replace him, no problem, never mind the talent and TEAM LEADERSHIP he brought,even when not playing. as far as roland, he'll be a good player but he's NOT an alshon, nor is his brother. and then theres this d-line coach and a past dcoord.that are both history, that brought in all this defensive talent, but hey, no problem. y'all have LIVED off your defense the last few yrs.,and yes, i can say with a straight face and no orange colored glasses that the d will not be as good as in the recent past- even with clowney.

Re: shaw could have and would have played if needed.

Feb 26, 2013, 8:25 PM

Well i did say I agree with you about Lattimore being a big loss. His talent and leadership cannot be matched. However, after the past 2 years we've learned to and have succeeded in winning without him. Mike Davis is a pretty good back. We also have Brandon wilds who has proven himself in the past but is coming off an injury so we'll see. Shaq Wilson will only be missed in his leadership role. His position as LB would automatically put him near the top or at the top in terms of tackles whether he's good or not. That's just what happens when you play lb, you rack up tackles. He was too slow IMO to do anything in pass coverage. We lost our leading tackler the year before and had no trouble replacing him. He also plays in the nfl now where I don't think Wilson will. I don't consider him a big loss and as far as talent goes we will have to rely on some young guys that are highly recruited. (Means nothing if they don't produce) also, our D was great this past year with a new d coordinator. A d line coach who was there mainly for recruiting will not suddenly change the way our D plays. We will have some growing pains yes but have a favorable schedule. Clemson does as well. We each both have one tough road game that is a toss up at best. (@uga and @Usc) I won't be rooting for you but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Clemson come into Columbia 10-1. We very well could be 10-1 too. It's just ridiculous to see comments like brad lawing left now the ##### will go back to 7-5. Not when the best player in the country lines up at DE for us.

Feb 26, 2013, 9:44 PM [ in reply to i still don't think y'all are replacing players that leave, ]

who are these players SC lost who will be replaced by "lesser" talents?

No not really...you beat a bunch of nobodies except Clemson

Feb 27, 2013, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Not very challenging... They even say ]

and UGa...and itll take a heckuvalot of strides to even the series with the Tigers

Not a very hard schedule by "sec" standards

Feb 26, 2013, 2:47 PM

No Alabama? No LSU? No Ole Miss next year?

I see 9-3 or 10-2 on that schedule. But once again they will get curb stomped in the SEC championship if they make it.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UF will cruise through the east, they're back enough***

Feb 26, 2013, 3:23 PM

Another 5th place banner???***

Feb 26, 2013, 3:03 PM

Re: Another 5th place banner???***

Feb 26, 2013, 3:06 PM

They get a couple more, then they can string 'em between the upper decks and say they have a domed stadium...

All 5's in honor of You-Know-Who....

#5 in your program, but #5 in your heart....

Re: South Carolina Schedule

Feb 26, 2013, 8:19 PM

funny people.

yall sure are***

Feb 27, 2013, 9:08 AM

Re: shaw could have and would have played if needed.

Feb 26, 2013, 8:31 PM

You don't have a QB that is capable(or an OL for that matter) of winning in Williams Brice next year. Talk to me about all the big road games Tahj won for you.....you can't.....because he hasn't........ever.

You calling Death Valley a big road game for you???***

Feb 27, 2013, 9:09 AM

Tajh beat LSU and Aub x 2. Name the last USuCk qb to do that

Feb 27, 2013, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: shaw could have and would have played if needed. ]

Also, we return 4 starters on the O-Line that was running the ball effectively until we went away from that so I'm not sure what you mean by your statement?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't even...

Feb 26, 2013, 8:45 PM

Speak about the upcoming scar game(s). Two teams heading in different directions. Win some battles, we'll take the war as usual. When they see their offense can't sputter around and run clock by getting pass interference calls and running 15 yard QB draw plays on 3rd down while we wear them down like we did LS-Who the big picture will come back in to focus.

Re: I don't even...

Feb 28, 2013, 1:00 AM

Speaking of sputtering offense, didn't Clemson only run 19 plays in the 2nd half of the SC game last year?

Re: I don't even...

Feb 26, 2013, 8:49 PM

NewEra, Haven't we seen this movie before? Don't we know how it'll end?

Oh yea

Feb 26, 2013, 8:55 PM

Sign me up for the scar team on probation with lattimore and clowney out the door. I see spurrier is working out must have at least 30 more years in him before he heads to the beach.

Re: Oh yea

Feb 27, 2013, 9:40 AM

They have two more years of probation this time. This signing class was the first of three limited ones I think.

Feb 26, 2013, 8:58 PM

That same door is open for Watkins, Hopkins, and Boyd....and Morris.

Feb 27, 2013, 10:58 PM

Do Ponti's parents let him stay up this late? Or is he sneaking some tigernet and #### while they are unawares.

Re: Tajh beat LSU and Aub x 2. Name the last USuCk qb to do that

Feb 28, 2013, 9:00 AM

Should I define the term "road game" and "neutral site" for you?

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic