Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers surprise 4-star DE with offer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,456

Front Page Story: Tigers surprise 4-star DE with offer

Feb 23, 2012, 11:18 PM

Tigers surprise 4-star DE with offer

Lewis Neal is 4-star defensive end prospect out of Wilson, N.C. who has been drawing attention from college recruiters across the country. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not trying to be Johnny Raincloud, but have an honest

Feb 24, 2012, 6:53 AM

question.

It seems like we've given out more "surprise" offers to recruits this year than I recall in the recent past. It seems like much of our success in recent years in recruiting is because we've been on guys early and were first to offer.

Maybe it's simply because of more and earlier coverage. Just looking for perspective.

Thx - Bull

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Not trying to be Johnny Raincloud, but have an honest

Feb 24, 2012, 7:03 AM

I think that when you are usually the first to offer that sometimes that will qualify as a "surprise" because the recruit doesn't know what to expect. In this case, we were a close second. The kid is obviously excited about a Clemson offer and ranks us with Ohio State and over UNC, NC St and Tennessee. I'd say that we're in good company and we've got an excellent chance.

Also, we've already received a verbal commitment from the probable #1 quarterback in the country for 2014. That's a pretty early commitment...earlier than I've ever seen from a recruit.

I don't think that we've deviated from our strategy. We may be changing direction in terms of who we recruit because Venables may be looking for a different type of defensive player. He may be changing the direction of recruiting but I still believe that we're out in front of the other schools in terms of long term recruiting.

Just my two cents...

So, let me see if I have this straight...

Feb 24, 2012, 7:08 AM

reading comprehension is not a big deal in plastic surgery?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: So, let me see if I have this straight...

Feb 24, 2012, 1:02 PM

...my mistake...didn't see the first line. Nonetheless, we are the first to offer many times and that may account for the "surprise" which was the point of my post.

Except for the 5 other offers, 6 w/osu, ahead of us.***

Feb 24, 2012, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Not trying to be Johnny Raincloud, but have an honest ]

Re: Not trying to be Johnny Raincloud, but have an honest

Feb 24, 2012, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Not trying to be Johnny Raincloud, but have an honest ]

Does make one think there is a change in philosophy in the area of recruiting. throw it at the wall and see what sticks but if you are doing that go for the absolute best. I thought the lack of excitement last year was fine. We got early commitments we targeted and they wanted to be Clemson Tigers. That said a lot more than several last minute hat tricks and excuses that we don't have a chick filet on campus. Thats not the all in player we are looking for the others are.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Two Questions.

Feb 24, 2012, 9:36 AM

How many different school visits can a prospect make? Also how many visits to a single school are allowed?
It looks like this kid will be on the road alot!!

Thanks

5 Total Official Visits

Feb 24, 2012, 8:07 PM

One per school. They can attend camps and as many other activities as they like, but on their own dime I believe.

null

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,456
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic