Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not to diminish Travis Rudolph's gesture in the least,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Not to diminish Travis Rudolph's gesture in the least,

Sep 1, 2016, 8:34 AM

but come on. Clemson players perform acts of kindness all the time and might get some local news coverage. It happens so often, however, that it's taken as just another normal occurrence.

Rudolph sits with an autistic kid in a lunchroom and it makes national news?!

Oh, I get it. Clemson players are known for community action. It's not news when it happens. FSU players are known for criminal behavior. It definitely is NEWS when they do something good.

K

Got it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

The picture went national because of his mom's comments

Sep 1, 2016, 8:41 AM

I think it was on facebook and some autism awareness groups picked it up. I'm not on facebook, but I'm sure you could search for it and find it in articles. It was very good and talked more from the perspective of a mom worrying about her kid fitting in. The pic was very powerful because its clear from the distance that the kid is usually ostracized from his classmates.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Not to diminish..."

Sep 1, 2016, 8:42 AM

Proceeds to diminish...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I beg to differ.

Sep 1, 2016, 8:46 AM

He did something good. It makes national news. Must be because there are so few examples by FSU players.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or because it's an awesome story and doesn't matter where he

Sep 1, 2016, 9:22 AM

plays football. Just stop. It should be getting the publicity it is. It's awesome.

Please Stop***

Sep 1, 2016, 9:51 AM [ in reply to I beg to differ. ]

Dude come on, really?***

Sep 1, 2016, 8:49 AM

Wow, you guys sure do love your FSU Criminoles, huh?

Sep 1, 2016, 8:53 AM

Sorry I hurt your feewings.

Seriously?

Sep 1, 2016, 8:58 AM

I have no love for FSU but what that kid did was not only worthy of the press it received, it was worthy of much more. From what I understand, he simply sat with a kid that was sitting alone and chatted with him. Someone else took the photo and the kid's Mom wrote a very nice letter of appreciation.
The FSU player got emotional when he heard about the photo and the letter. That seems pretty humble and sincere to me.

Come on man... Surely there is another kitten you can punch somewhere else.

Okay, okay, OKAY

Sep 1, 2016, 9:07 AM

You guys win. The Florida State Seminoles are wonderful, caring, compassionate people who are the most upstanding, principled and disciplined representatives of NCAA athletics one could find anywhere. I especially appreciate Jimbo Fisher's unwavering dedication to his strict code of conduct as evidenced by his consistently harsh punishment of bad behavior. It's especially impressive how he dismissed Famous Jameis from the team for being such an embarrassment to the hallowed institution that is FSU.

I feel ashamed of my sarcastic post. I do apologize for injuring your sensibilities.

Dude, get it through your skull this ain't about the FSU

Sep 1, 2016, 9:43 AM

Seminoles. Quit being a ##### and realize that NOT EVERYTHING is about freaking football. This was about a young man bringing joy to a kid who otherwise faces more in one single day than most of us may face in 10 years.

It was absolutely a wonderful thing to do as a human being. Has nothing to do with FSU.

Stop being such a whiny b!tch that Clemson doesn't get this coverage. Who cares man. It ain't about the coverage.

***whooosh***

Sep 1, 2016, 9:47 AM

That sound you hear when a post goes right over your head.

Hey, Crump and BMeist, we have boards for everything else, now we need a Sarcasm Board. TIA in advance.

Re: Okay, okay, OKAY

Sep 1, 2016, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Okay, okay, OKAY ]

I usually don't disagree with you David78 but I think this is a very good thing and there's nothing negative about this story. The kid did a kind thing for a child in need. I'm impressed. ??

I was impressed too. As I said, it was a good thing.

Sep 1, 2016, 10:04 AM

The point of the post was to mock FreeSeafoodU for getting national coverage when they finally had an example of GOOD BEHAVIOR by one of their players. Congrats to them! Generally the national news they make is of the police blotter variety.

Would you literalistic holier-than-thous please get a clue?

If you can't, I'll take the post down so as not to offend your love of FSU.

Re: Uh, I thought it was a good story and should be taken on

Sep 1, 2016, 9:15 AM

its own merits. To somehow say that Clemson is being "slighted" by this story is a stretch, donchya think?? I will applaud whatever player from whichever team that would do what Rudolph did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

You know what? From what I hear, Marcus Lattimore is a

Sep 1, 2016, 9:25 AM

pretty good guy. He has a foundation that does good work for underprivileged people. That one example doesn't change my perception of SCU as a whole. Good for Marcus. USuCk is an abomination, however.

Free Seafood/Shoes University is just a hair above USuCk. I will continue to mock them both. It's called a rivalry.

Good lawd. I must have submitted my post on a FSU board by mistake.

Re: Who cares about what team Rudolph plays for? It's a

Sep 1, 2016, 9:27 AM

good story, period. Lighten up Francis, it's just football. There are more important things in life.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

More important than football?

Sep 1, 2016, 9:34 AM

Name one. ;)

Re: More important than football?

Sep 1, 2016, 11:14 AM

I could think of at least 5 and most of them involve my wife ;)

Screw Calford.

Ok Ridgeland you've been around long enough to know

Sep 1, 2016, 11:16 AM

the roolz.

Pigs of wife?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Ok Ridgeland you've been around long enough to know

Sep 1, 2016, 11:26 AM

That would be soon-to-be-ex-wife of RB if I did. ;)

Screw Calford.

Re: You know what? From what I hear, Marcus Lattimore is a

Sep 1, 2016, 10:03 AM [ in reply to You know what? From what I hear, Marcus Lattimore is a ]

OK, good luck with your misplaced upset. Looking for reasons to complain now. Have a great day and enjoy the fallout.

Re: Not to diminish Travis Rudolph's gesture in the least,

Sep 1, 2016, 9:52 AM

I think part of the appeal of the story is that it was a spontaneous act of compassion, not a planned team community activity. He deserves all the praise he gets. Tiger players are by and large awesome people also. Things just came together right for this story to get national traction.

The media blows up even the smallest negative thing. Good to

Sep 1, 2016, 10:14 AM

see something positive get blown up for once.

Regardless of where the guy plays football.

No whoosh - no holier than thou - no nothing other than it is good to see something positive gain a little legs in our crappy media.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

TU. I do agree.

Sep 1, 2016, 10:18 AM

I also hate FlardaState. When it comes to character and community service, they are very late to the party. Can I get some agreement on that point?

No doubt. I live in FL. SICK of everything semihole. BUT

Sep 1, 2016, 11:36 AM

the character of previous players does not reflect on the character of current players.

It DOES carry over to the leadership that is still in place that let all their ridiculousness go on unabated.

But not from one group of players to the next.

Also - I'd like to think we had a role in that to some small extent. Dabo has said that he told the Clemson Trustees that he didn't want to be like the Ohio State's and Alabama's of the college football world - he wanted CLEMSON to be the bar by which all others are measured.

And I'd like to think maybe we are starting to see that. Other people see what we do and they say - it can be done the right way, with success in all areas and still win.

Did this semihole think all this as he went to sit down with the kid ? No. But I'm sure he has seen how we are doing things prior to this and it made an impression.

Probably the above is just orange tinted glasses - but I love our guy & how we are doing things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sep 1, 2016, 10:43 AM

It should all make the news. Don't attack what Rudolph did just because you're mad Clemson guys don't get recognition for it. I doubt Rudolph asked for any kind of recognition, and Clemson players probably don't either. If it happens, great. If it doesn't, big deal. This kind of kindness should be all over our world anyways.

Hankering is illegal at Bushwood, sir.***

Sep 1, 2016, 10:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish sarcasm were.

Sep 1, 2016, 10:53 AM

How 'bout some free batteries for some o' these lads?

Free? First cheese and now this...

Sep 1, 2016, 10:58 AM

It just won't do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David78

Sep 1, 2016, 10:59 AM [ in reply to I wish sarcasm were. ]

Sarcasm is hard to detect over the Internet. I got in a full blown argument about that on Twitter last night.

Glad you survived.

Sep 1, 2016, 11:02 AM

It amazes me some think I was whining about not getting good press for Clemson rather than mocking FSWho for finally doing something to get some. There is so much work that needs to be done on tnet.

Re: Glad you survived.

Sep 1, 2016, 11:09 AM

I agree with you. You have to be apart of the "bubble" for some to agree... Watch I catch heat for that statement

David, David, David. Stories like this remind us that there

Sep 1, 2016, 10:51 AM

are still nice people in this world regardless of color

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: David, David, David. Stories like this remind us that there

Sep 1, 2016, 10:54 AM

Even garnet and gold. Who knew?

Sep 1, 2016, 11:22 AM

What's wrong with YOU PEOPLE??? SMH!!!

Sep 1, 2016, 11:39 AM

Douuuuuche

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive