Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ron Morris defending Carolina. Did he go school up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 3,316

Ron Morris defending Carolina. Did he go school up

Jun 18, 2014, 8:52 PM

there?

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/17/3943396/morris-what-happened-at-unc-happens.html?sp=/99/103/119/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ron Morris defending Carolina. Did he go school up

Jun 18, 2014, 9:38 PM

Oh, please. His feathers are really showing again. "Well, everybody elase is doing it. It's not like we are doing stuff others aren't doing", blah, blah, blah.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not the way I read it. He didn't back off NC at all, nor

Jun 19, 2014, 9:54 AM

did he suggest that any penalties should be less if others are doing it. Used words like 'dispicable' and "at NC it is as bad as it gets'.

But he is right to note that this is very much the landscape. The Duke basketball team has a lower SAT average than the Clemson football team. Schools like Central Florida take kids that can't get past even SEC standards. In the SEC, 'if you aint cheatin', you aint tryin'. Yes, its happening everywhere, and knowing how bad it is at other places, expecially the sec, I sort of hate to see NC be singled out.

Do I think its happening at Clemson? With hundreds of athletes, I would not bet that one couldn't find an example of it, but I think most objective outside observers would say that systematically CU is more of a model of what should be happening. One of the best, actually.

But that doesn't make me want to fire bomb NC and let all the sec cheaters go free.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not the way I read it. He didn't back off NC at all, nor

Jun 19, 2014, 11:08 AM

NC isn't being singled out. If anything, this entire event has not received the publicity that it deserves. For years and years, 'they' have claimed to be Americas elite university and now we see that they are nothing but cheaters and phonies. I would be very surprised to learn that there are student athletes at Clemson who read at the third grade level. Remember, there were eight tarholes on the football team who were denied admission to Clemson. That tells me that 'everyone isn't doing it!' And to make matters worse, these baby blues who I live with here in the old North State still boast of their superiority. Wish you had a few in Tulsa. lol

OK, I'll rephrase. Morris is helping to make sure the

Jun 19, 2014, 8:41 PM

conversation is about the fact that it happens, not just that it happened at NC, and I think he is right to do that. How's that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2014, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Not the way I read it. He didn't back off NC at all, nor ]

Do not be innocent enough to think that Clemson is a world apart from her ACC sisters or the SEC. All programs sooner or later have trouble makers that lead to trouble for the program. I could but will not give examples because all supporters know about Clemson past bad boys.

Jun 19, 2014, 10:17 PM

Yeah, that's great MonroeNC

Sigh. Low comprehension skills, I see. We'll make it easy

Jun 20, 2014, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Not the way I read it. He didn't back off NC at all, nor ]

for you:
- Bad examples occur at Notre Dame, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Clemson, etc.
- Systematic academic de-emphasis occurs at nc, directional schools, sec.

This is why our diplomas say Clemson and yours never will.

Replies: 7
| visibility 3,316
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic