Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How about a friendly beer/soft drink?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,140

How about a friendly beer/soft drink?

Jan 4, 2020, 8:22 PM

Who wants to meet for a beer (or soft drink if you don’t drink)?

I live on St Charles at Napoleon. Three blocks away is a little dive bar called the Milan Lounge. (It’s pronounced MY-Lin, not meh-LON).

They sweep the floor there once a month whether they need to or not. The bartenders are incredibly smart (one has a degree from Harvard) and like classic music played on vinyl. Good selection of local brews on tap.

First one is on me. Shall we say Saturday (11th) at 1 pm? I’ve got a dinner that night.

Who is in? We talk a lot of stuff on boards, but I bet we’d all like and respect each other in person.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about a friendly beer/soft drink?

Jan 4, 2020, 8:31 PM

No thanks! Saw the crap you were spewing about us over on LSU site. Don’t want to be any where around you. We’re not as stupid and cowardly as you think.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude. It’s a friendly beer.

Jan 4, 2020, 8:42 PM

Lighten up, Francis.

Jan 4, 2020, 8:54 PM

Honestly, I would love that. However my group won’t be there until about 4 or 5 that day.

Cheers.

Jan 4, 2020, 8:59 PM

Not getting in until Sunday.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sound like a millennial ...***

Jan 4, 2020, 8:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I’m closer to a millennium than a millennial.***

Jan 4, 2020, 9:37 PM

Not surprising. Loseranians not only can't spell right.

Jan 4, 2020, 10:00 PM

They also cant pronounciate correctly.

Re: Not surprising. Loseranians not only can't spell right.

Jan 5, 2020, 12:44 AM

feraltyger said:

They also cant pronounciate correctly.

Flying in mobile sat then drive down Sunday not sure when or where we will be but I do know we safe staying near tipitinas

Pronunciate is not a word

Jan 5, 2020, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Not surprising. Loseranians not only can't spell right. ]

Checked my OED and my Webster’s.

Perhaps you intended a portmanteau with pronounce and annunciate. That would be next level, but it would be an odd way to criticize another group.

If Milan’s pronunciation (which is a word) gives you fits, you should stay clear of Calliope, Burgundy, or the Treme. And you’d better gird your loins if you venture into the Vieux Carre.

Jan 5, 2020, 1:36 AM

Still looking for a single ticket that isn't $900. Otherwise I would meet ya a give ya some some good stats as to why CU wins! During a beer and some alligator bites!

Jan 5, 2020, 1:59 AM

I don't have my flights worked out yet but if I can get there in time it will be fun. Being a Tiger in a Tiger's den sounds too good to pass up!

Jan 5, 2020, 12:41 PM

It’s actually a Cubs bar. Back in the day it had bleachers inside of it. I kid you not.

One night after a black tie dinner I walked in to get a nightcap. I’d had one or two or twelve scotches at that point. It so happened that the place was packed, as the Cubs were in a playoff game.

I walked in in the middle of a commercial and a lull in the action. It was like the bar scene in Animal House. Then somebody’s said, “Did you wear that just for the game?” “Of course!” I replied. It was a warm welcome after that. (I know, CSB.)

It will be heavily LSU on Saturday! And you won’t need black tie.

Jan 5, 2020, 3:44 PM

I hope to make the game but if I do then I will probably be in and out. If by chance I am there on Saturday then I will take you up on it.

Jan 5, 2020, 5:32 PM

Sounds good.

Jan 5, 2020, 9:09 PM

Brother, I am glad you are getting a better response to your friendly invite on Tigernet than I did with mine on TD.

Jan 5, 2020, 9:19 PM

I'd rather it be after we give you guys an old fashioned whoopin in the bayou. (Super Dome)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,140
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic