Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lol, just went to one jobsite and they called the cops on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 434

Lol, just went to one jobsite and they called the cops on

Nov 1, 2018, 1:49 PM

an African American gentleman who walked across our freshly poured concrete sidewalk. The crew who made the call were all of Latin decent so I am assuming this was not race related. However, the cops caught the dude and had him sitting on the side of the road with the blue lights flashing. A couple of things came to mind.

1. The optics of that are bad, although the crew was latino and the cop was black, it still looks bad.
2. Crew member chased him down with his safety vest and hard hat still on, lulz.
3. Can you even get arrested for it?
4. I looked, it barely made a mark and took 20 minutes to fix. Why not just leave it alone.

#OnlyInOldTown

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

southpark susan lost her job for yelling at black people

Nov 1, 2018, 1:50 PM

and quoting her salary. better watch out!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Poor guy, if only he was white this would have never happened.***

Nov 1, 2018, 1:57 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I kinda agree. But I think he ran when they confronted him

Nov 1, 2018, 1:59 PM

which was probably not the best choice.

My Engineering Tech stepped in fresh concrete one time, ruined a driveway apron, but she (White) was not arrested. She did apologize profusely and the contractor made fun of her everyday for that.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I kinda agree. But I think he ran when they confronted him

Nov 1, 2018, 2:03 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was an old guy in my neighborhood that...

Nov 1, 2018, 2:10 PM [ in reply to I kinda agree. But I think he ran when they confronted him ]

Has been having his driveway ripped up and yesterday afternoon it was laid w fresh cement. He did put some caution tape around it, but I chuckled figuring there is no way that sugar hyped kids in the dark don’t walk all over it.

Had to be the worst possible day to get that done.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lol, just went to one jobsite and they called the cops on

Nov 1, 2018, 2:03 PM

"The crew who made the call were all of Latin decent so I am assuming this was not race related"

I thought it was pretty well known that GENERALLY SPEAKING (GENERALLY SPEAKING GUYS, OK. AS IN, BIG PICTURE HERE, NOT TALKING ABOUT INDIVIDUALS), latinos and black people were not overly fond of each other.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only white people can be racist***

Nov 1, 2018, 2:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I said "race related" I meant in the typical newsworthy

Nov 1, 2018, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol, just went to one jobsite and they called the cops on ]

story of crazy white people calling the cops on black guys who don't really need the police called on them.

I think this is a problem with a lot of people these days

Nov 1, 2018, 2:21 PM

Kind of the same way people go to the ER for a cold, or something stupid like that. You see this behavior in low IQ people. That's the first thing they'll threaten you with, "Imma call tha cops on yyyeeeewwwww". Doesn't matter what you're doing, that's just the default fall back.

Usually always backfires on them, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are competing for the same job pool so I would think your comment is true***

Nov 1, 2018, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol, just went to one jobsite and they called the cops on ]

I thought it was really well known that black people

Nov 1, 2018, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol, just went to one jobsite and they called the cops on ]

hated mexicans because mexicans are very hard workers and are taking all the jobs away from the lazy black people.

Isn't this correct?

Not sure if serious

Nov 1, 2018, 2:32 PM

but if you are, may Mothra have mercy on your soul.

If you aren't being serious, that joke has already been made here.

Re: Not sure if serious

Nov 1, 2018, 2:38 PM

Obviously joking. I have a few really good mexican friends from some time I spent in Peru.

why can't everyone just try harder to be

Nov 1, 2018, 2:04 PM

white?

is this post about

Nov 1, 2018, 2:07 PM

who

Nov 1, 2018, 2:11 PM

nose?

Time is money

Nov 1, 2018, 2:09 PM

-Racist white guy
-Me
-Wayne Gretzky
-Michael Scott

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

If there is one thing I've learned from watching cops

Nov 1, 2018, 2:10 PM

if you don't chase them (them regardless of color or chaser or chasee) they won't run because they also say when asked "WHY THE @#$@#$@#% DID YOU RUN?!" the answer is "BECAUSE YOU WERE !$$#!$# CHASING ME!"

and how fast can you run with concrete on yer kicks?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone knows if cops chasing you, not to run.

Nov 1, 2018, 2:15 PM

Best thing to do is stand your ground, make yourself look as big as possible and make loud noises directly at them, while making eye contact. Usually they back down w this tactic.

Or

Nov 1, 2018, 2:31 PM

gives them a larger target to shoot at.

HANDS UP!***

Nov 1, 2018, 2:35 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't shoot***

Nov 1, 2018, 3:24 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That just INFURIATES me.

Nov 1, 2018, 2:40 PM

Why pick on some poor guy walking around downtown when the project manager OBVIOUSLY failed to direct the crew of undocumented illegal immigrants to properly mark the wet concrete area?!!?!?

20 MINUTES OF HARD-EARNED ROCK HILL TAXPAYER MONEY WASTED YET AGAIN.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe people get tired of others breaking the rules

Nov 1, 2018, 3:05 PM

You can't just let people get away with stuff because they're black and it might look bad to call them out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your white privilege is showing***

Nov 1, 2018, 3:15 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 434
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic