Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow, what the heck is going on in Blacksburg?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Wow, what the heck is going on in Blacksburg?

Jan 30, 2019, 7:07 PM

Fuente is going into his 4th year but several transfers over the last week. It's not like he just took over and he's running off a bunch of Beamer's signees. Very interesting.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25887206/virginia-tech-hokies-quarterback-hendon-hooker-enter-ncaa-transfer-portal

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Word is he’s cleaning house.***

Jan 30, 2019, 7:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Word is he’s cleaning house.***

Jan 30, 2019, 7:18 PM

And after the kind garbage (talent, not character) they put on the field last year, I'd say a housecleaning was in order.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it was more speculation than anything else...

Jan 30, 2019, 7:20 PM

but I did hear that a couple weeks ago. Will be interesting to see what happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sounds just the opposite to me, rats leaving sinking ship?

Jan 30, 2019, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Word is he’s cleaning house.*** ]

I hope not though for ACC's sake!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, but that wasn’t the take I heard.

Jan 30, 2019, 7:22 PM

But who knows.

The info sounds bad...is York Tiger your source?***

Jan 30, 2019, 7:42 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently so. Weird thing to me is that most of...

Jan 30, 2019, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Word is he’s cleaning house.*** ]

...the transfers are his signees. That is why I find it odd.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Yeah, it’s strange.***

Jan 30, 2019, 7:24 PM

He's running off the people he signed? Makes sense***

Jan 30, 2019, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Word is he’s cleaning house.*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure but remember. "Brent Venables is a good coach

Jan 30, 2019, 8:07 PM

but hes no Bud Foster", Compliments of Aubrey Hollifield. Lol

Re: Not sure but remember. "Brent Venables is a good coach

Jan 30, 2019, 8:22 PM

Hollifield's Dad got that right. Venables is certainly no Bud Foster. There's a world of difference between the two. Venables is on a different level.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure but remember. "Brent Venables is a good coach

Jan 30, 2019, 10:05 PM

Bud Foster's once dominant defense is no where to be found.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, what the heck is going on in Blacksburg?

Jan 30, 2019, 10:07 PM

Quincy Patterson is the heir apparent at the QB position - Jackson’s transfer was a bit of a surprise, but was thought to be triggered by Patterson coming off of his redshirt season. Hooker wasn’t expected to be in the mix, and so this isn’t necessarily negative attrition (this is a third string QB seeking playing time).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic