Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not sure TL really had as much of a bad night as everyone is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Not sure TL really had as much of a bad night as everyone is

Jan 14, 2020, 11:15 AM

saying....yeah, he had a couple WTH passes, but there were a ton of well placed balls that weren't pulled in by Higgins, Ross, and ETN. If they'd been caught, the announcers would have been gushing about him putting the ball where only his receivers could catch it.

Just saying....not TL's best game by a long shot, but it was a group effort.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by Author

Jan 14, 2020, 11:21 AM

Message removed by Author

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's 2020 team slogan:

Jan 14, 2020, 11:23 AM

From farce to force

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure TL really had as much of a bad night as everyone is

Jan 14, 2020, 11:26 AM

Funny. That was my thought on the defense. I thought they played lights out 75% of the time. However, 75% of the time doesn't look very good when you give up big plays, and don't perform in the red zone.

I counted twice - TL had 14 bad passes..I wont watch again**

Jan 14, 2020, 11:27 AM

nm

Re: I counted twice - TL had 14 bad passes..I wont watch again**

Jan 15, 2020, 6:35 PM

He did. Several were just out of reach of the receivers.

LSU being a better team and getting pressure had a lot to do with it once we got the 17-7 lead.

Joe Burrow analyzed it perfectly after the game. We had them off balance early, they figured out what we were doing on both sides of the ball, and they adjusted. We didn't adjust enough.

Relax, no shame in finishing second in the country. LSU is losing Burrow and Brady, and are likely to be a one-hour wonder.

Clemson is going to be very good for several more years.

Jan 15, 2020, 8:42 PM

Clemson would be 9-3 and 10-2 in the SEC. Only reason you can say confidently you'll be back is how atrocious the ACC is. Everybody not in the SEC likes to argue about this, but we all know deep inside that Clemson would just be another LSU, Georgia, (Auburn, Florida on a good year). If Clemson swaps schedules with LSU, there'd be same narrative.

Jan 15, 2020, 9:35 PM

You're pretty much a ######. Get back to your own board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll see you again next year

Jan 15, 2020, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I counted twice - TL had 14 bad passes..I wont watch again** ]

Well, maybe not !!

You must be one of the coona$&es we’ve been talking about.

Jan 15, 2020, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I counted twice - TL had 14 bad passes..I wont watch again** ]

Sound as ignorant as the LSU fans scumming up NO we endured. Congrats on your one and done. Chizik-like

We would either

Jan 16, 2020, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I counted twice - TL had 14 bad passes..I wont watch again** ]

Lose 0 (good year) 1 (average year) or maybe 2 (off year) at current level of our team considering coaching staff and recruiting. Not 3, sorry try to be realistic there and not fault on the other side of bias. We beat an undefeated “best ever” Alabama last year so why would it seem unreasonable we could not also be undefeated in their conference?

Jan 16, 2020, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: I counted twice - TL had 14 bad passes..I wont watch again** ]

Wow. What an original thought there macruggs, never heard that one before. Your enlightenment really changed my viewpoint on the quality of team we are.

What’s your point man?? You go on to say we would be “just another Georgia, Florida, Auburn, etc”. ### are you even talking about?? Our players are different. Our coaches are different. Our schemes are different. Our values are different. HOW ARE WE THE SAME?

I don’t normally go off on ignorant posters like this but you sir need to actually observe college football and stop just spewing out what you hear. This post helps no one. “Your” viewpoint is irrational, ignorant, irritating, and extremely trite. Think for yourself. ####.

Jan 15, 2020, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I counted twice - TL had 14 bad passes..I wont watch again** ]

I wonder why the coaches didn't play Brice for a couple of series while they talked to TL and tried to correct what was contributing to his inaccuracy? I also don't think it was a good idea to rush him back in to the OSU game after getting drilled in the side of the head and having his neck twisted after just one play on the sideline. He would have benefitted from a little more rest. I know Dabo & Company were plowing with their best mule and they got away with it but he's too young to deliver under those circumstances long term. I think it caught up to them against LSU.

Message was edited by: orangecoloredglasses®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 1:07 AM

You cant just throw your backup on the field in the middle of a game just because your starter had a couple of bad series. I mean how often do you see that happen in football? And as far as the OSU game, he said it was just a stinger which is why he stayed on the ground. He was fine after a few minutes and came right back in and got us our first TD.

Jan 14, 2020, 11:27 AM

14 over throws, balls behind receivers, etc. I believe 100% if you get it near that group of receivers they make the play but some of those passes the receivers had 0 chance of catching.

In my opinion heavily relying on the 50/50 ball has caused a little regression in Trevor. The thought process has become get it close and that is good enough.

Jan 14, 2020, 11:29 AM

48% and no TD's is a bad night no matter how you spin it. He'll bounce back though. And better than ever I'm sure.

I’d say he definitely had an off night

Jan 14, 2020, 11:29 AM

I counted at least a dozen overthrown balls and he one hopped about three to our WR’s. Odd thing is that he wasn’t under much pressure. Thought the OSU defense was far superior to LSU’s defense. LSU was better. Just wasn’t our night

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: I’d say he definitely had an off night

Jan 16, 2020, 4:58 AM

You need to watch the replay. TL's bad throws were caused by him having to move his feet. More pressure than you evidently saw. He often threw early to avoid pressure, even though no "hurries" were recorded. Watch his feet. Seldom planted and using good footwork when throwing.
Plus, receivers weren't running wide open like in the ACC. After all, you were playing #DBU.

Similar situation with Burrow. He was sacked 5 times, much more than normal. Combination of good coverage in secondary and push from DL kept him looking down instead of downfield as normal. Still threw for 430 in 3 qtrs before shutting it down to run clock. But he would have had 500+ had BV not had a great plan. Plus Chase dropped a TD in his hands, uncharacteristically.

Re: I’d say he definitely had an off night

Jan 16, 2020, 5:02 AM [ in reply to I’d say he definitely had an off night ]

You need to watch the replay. TL's bad throws were caused by him having to move his feet. More pressure than you evidently saw. He often threw early to avoid pressure, even though no "hurries" were recorded. Watch his feet. Seldom planted and using good footwork when throwing.
Plus, receivers weren't running wide open like in the ACC. After all, you were playing #DBU.

Similar situation with Burrow. He was sacked 5 times, much more than normal. Combination of good coverage in secondary and push from DL kept him looking down instead of downfield as normal. Still threw for 430 in 3 qtrs before shutting it down to run clock. But he would have had 500+ had BV not had a great plan. Plus Chase dropped a TD in his hands, uncharacteristically.

You must have been watching a different channel than I was.***

Jan 14, 2020, 12:01 PM

Jan 15, 2020, 6:22 PM

I've been saying all season that the offense hasn't looked as crisp as ot seems we were to have expected. I have no idea the reason, but I'm hoping it's a sophomore slump or some such which we will see corrected... whatever it may be, it's no lack of talent

Jan 15, 2020, 6:47 PM

He was bad. Great quarterback and glad he came to Clemson but that outing would’ve been bad for the worst starting quarterback we’ve ever had. Some great catches might’ve bailed him out but those didn’t happen either. Great reason to run ETN. But we chose otherwise. Great year. Go Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 10:00 PM

That's a little extreme. The worst starting qb we have ever had? You must be young as I will not call out Clemson players but we have had some bad qb play. I love Rodney Williams so not calling him out but his freshman year couldnt hit a barn. Love his Bud Light and him tho.

Jan 15, 2020, 10:15 PM

Not young. 48. But still thinking 48% completion wouldn’t be good for any of them. Would have to separate into option, post option, pre-70’s. Definite hyperbole and definitely good idea not listing folks. But a bad night for a good QB.

Jan 15, 2020, 6:49 PM

It was TL’s worst game, by a long shot.

I really hate to say it, but he had an off night...

Jan 15, 2020, 7:20 PM

...at the most inopportune time. Great throw here and there but could never get into rhythm. Will come out throwing darts again soon enough though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Ok, but "Bad" is relative

Jan 15, 2020, 7:27 PM

and by the standard we needed to win that game, he had a bad game. It happens to the best of 'em.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok, but "Bad" is relative

Jan 15, 2020, 9:56 PM

It happens to the best of OC's and HC's too. Dabo and Tony should use this as a learning experience. They're not perfect yet.

Jan 15, 2020, 7:29 PM

Trevor just did not have a good night. In retrospect, I wish we had run the ball a lot more, some shorter passes (even the much hated bubble screen), etc. just to move the chains and make first down. Several times we had 2nd and short and wound up throwing the ball and not getting a 1st down after an incompletion. I feel sure that our coaches thought we were going to have to outscore them in a shootout, which we could have done if we had been on our "A" game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 9:52 PM

The coaches put too much on Trevor.

not to mention the receivers weren't getting open so he was

Jan 15, 2020, 8:46 PM

trying to throw to where they could make a play and catch it, etc. And the coaches didn't help out by passing all the #### time instead of running ETN

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had some bad throws

Jan 15, 2020, 9:44 PM

Re: He had some bad throws

Jan 15, 2020, 9:59 PM

I imagine Trevor was feeling the after effects from the OSU game more than anyone else. I believe that was a factor. The coaches should have recognized that.

Jan 15, 2020, 9:47 PM

No he was struggling to get in a rhythm as much as I've ever seen him play, he was pressing. Trying too hard to thread a needle or make a play and and was throwing really hard balls to the boundary most of them high. It was easy to see in the stadium live. Not his best night. I don't think the plays calls helped him at all, almost every route was a throw to the boundary long throws and no one in the middle of the field. No Galloway, No ETN, no backside receiver, no one...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 10:18 PM

Brent Venables gave the offense the ball close to the LSU 39 yard line two times and we came away with zero points.....game over.!

Love the guy but he had an off night. It’s ok he’ll bounce

Jan 15, 2020, 10:20 PM

Back

They showed a stat of like 15 balls thrown over WRs heads during the broadcast. I’m not going back to watch it again.

Jan 15, 2020, 11:34 PM

Did you watch the game? Only a couple passes that made you wonder? really?

Jan 16, 2020, 8:05 AM

As long as we were making a conscious effort to run the ball, he was able to play through his bad night. Once we decided that ETN had touched it enough, they sank back a little in the middle and began to bring more pressure. The failure to continue running the ball made it hard on TL. I think LSU was the better team, but I am having a hard time not being pissed at our 2nd half play calling. The coaches in my mind didn't put us in the best scenario to win. Again, I think they were better, but we could've stayed within 7 and possibly have stole it with 2 or 3 minutes to go.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic