Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not saying I like Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 682

Not saying I like Trump

Dec 14, 2018, 4:15 PM

But if any of y’all think he gets impeached over paying off those women my opinion is that you will be very sad. I tend to think along the lines of the article from CNN/USA Today outlining the outcome.

To summarize it would be difficult to prove it was done to influence the election outcome given the Grab Them By the Cooter tape, history of past transgressions, multiple women coming forward prior, him not REALLY believing he would win. Line to be considered was his prenup and how that would be affected by admissions/proof of cheating. Theory is it would change it dramatically higher.

Trump may be a maroon but not totally stoopid. If Mueller cannot prove collusion to a degree that meets Crimes of High Treason we have Trump till 2020 unless he chooses to resign. Given his rather large ego I do not see that happening. So we are stuck with a dysfunctional government headed by a temperamental 6 year old. Not a pretty thought but there you go, as a fiscal conservative BHO is not looking too shabby right now. BHO was never as great nor as evil as the opposing sides claimed, slightly left of center but at least he dealt in reality.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not saying I like Trump

Dec 14, 2018, 4:21 PM

Where do you guys on this board get your news?

Cohen got a plea deal not just because he gave info about the payoffs, he gave up info about Russia.

On June 5th, 2016 Trump had and meeting with...

Dec 14, 2018, 4:24 PM

one of his staff who asked for Russian dressing on his salad. Impeach the stupid moron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Not saying I like Trump ]

So you say but you really have no say, correct? Like many you are assuming and projecting because until it is listed in a court document you are pulling rather large things out your hind quarters. Not saying it will not happen but as of yet it is all conjecture on your part .

Dec 14, 2018, 4:30 PM

Reading the news and remembering facts is not "assuming."

https://qz.com/1493627/michael-cohen-gave-valuable-information-about-trumps-russia-links/

Dec 14, 2018, 4:39 PM

More hearsay until it is formally filed with a Court. You guys crack me up with this as you think articles matter, they do not. Formal charges properly filed is the ONLY thing that matters. It may indeed happen but until it does I will not be holding my breath. Not sure how I feel about rooting for a sitting President to be impeached, way too many outcomes to ponder. As a Nation we can survive Trump, we may not survive an aftermath of removing him.

Dec 14, 2018, 4:41 PM

Jesus Christ, you think a direct quote from one of Mueller's team is hearsay?

What is going on on this board?

Dec 14, 2018, 4:49 PM

cognitive dissonance is setting in, it is a self defense mechanism.

it will be years before the light bulb turns on with some of these dim wits.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 4:53 PM

I wasn't sure until I read the link...

Cohen gave “credible” and “valuable information” about “any links between a campaign and a foreign government.”

That "right" there "convinced me" that something was "going on".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Not saying I like Trump ]

Hmm, not really Balm as I am just pointing out that until indictments are filed the outcome is not determined. To assume either way is just foolish at this point.

Dec 14, 2018, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Not saying I like Trump ]

You seem to think that any news article is fully factual and as such folks are convicted. May I remind you of the Duke lacrosse team articles. Articles mean NOTHING before actual indictments are filed in a Court. It is how the justice system is supposed to work , all I am saying is the left may end up dismayed before it is all said and done. Neither YOU nor I know what will be filed and until then the rest is just babble.

Dec 14, 2018, 4:57 PM

It is unlikely that Mueller will move to indict Trump.

Dec 14, 2018, 5:13 PM

Maybe, I cannot say one way or the other as I have zero access to the real information uncovered. Curious though why you think there will be no indictment for Trump?

Dec 14, 2018, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Not saying I like Trump ]

Also they recommend substantial prison time, forgot that part huh? Not sure what he gave up was that terribly important given the recommendation.

Dec 14, 2018, 4:34 PM

I already posted the link for you. What makes you think you're better informed on this case than Mueller's team?

Dec 14, 2018, 4:43 PM

See above reply and then you MAY grasp it.

Dec 14, 2018, 4:53 PM

Dude, you said I was assuming Cohen have up Russia info and I posted a link showing Mueller's team confirming what I said and you're still arguing.

And you know I'm not one to blindly defend CT88, but I still can't figure what you jumped him for. Did you make this thread just to argue?

Dec 14, 2018, 5:09 PM

You still are not grasping that the article says or means little until an indictment is filed in a Federal Court. All I am saying until then all these articles mean nothing, that goes for both sides.

You definitely do not watch CNN.

Dec 14, 2018, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Not saying I like Trump ]

signed
CU17

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not illegal to pay an extortionist.

Dec 14, 2018, 4:22 PM

It's a political issue nothing else. You've heard a ton of talk on here and in the media but you've not seen anyone cite the statute which was broken by paying hush money.

Re: It's not illegal to pay an extortionist.

Dec 14, 2018, 4:29 PM

Not actually correct but my son the lawyer( leans liberal) says it all depends upon why it was paid. He can see a line of defense that changes the narrative on whether it meets definition of swaying an election.

Ask him if he reads minds.

Dec 14, 2018, 4:38 PM

Cause that's the only way to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the motivation was for, and only for political reason. Make sure he eliminates the possibility that Ms Trump, the kids and the Trump brand had no part in Don's decision to pay up.

Then ask your daughter if he can really read minds. I'd also like for him to conjure up a statute which says it's illegal for a man to spend money on his own election campaign.

Ask him about haircuts, manicures, clothes and other personal items and see if they should be reported as campaign donations too.

Then ask him again about the statutes which forbids a man from spending his own money on a campaign.

I sure would appreciate a real lawyer's opinion. Ask him if he knows of Alan Dershowitz cause that's where I got the concept I've expressed in this post.

I sure appreciate it.

Re: Ask him if he reads minds.

Dec 14, 2018, 4:42 PM

Do you actually grasp that you are arguing my/his point? Sometime you make good sense, this is not one of those times!!!!!!

Yes, I'm fully aware that I'm supporting your supposition.

Dec 14, 2018, 4:48 PM

If you'll calm down you'll see I had some valid legal points to discuss. Proving that the one and only reason to pay the extortionist is impossible.

Re: Yes, I'm fully aware that I'm supporting your supposition.

Dec 14, 2018, 5:18 PM

Your post could have been interpreted 2 different ways. Reading it the 1st time my conclusion was incorrect it would seem, his opinion is that a competent defense attorney could rip any attempt to link it to swaying an election to shreds.

Imo, the entire concept of...

Dec 14, 2018, 8:47 PM

doing anything to 'sway an election,' holds about as much legal weight as collusion. Everything a dedicated candidate does is aimed at swaying the election. Every speech, every handshake, every rally, every haircut, manicure, hiring a PR guy, buying campaign adds on TV or signs, opening an office in every county and hiring employees are all done with one intent, to sway the election. Running a good campaign is laid out, designed and executed with sole intent of swaying the election.

We are colluding right now since we are discussing the topic 'swaying an election.' Both charges are hyperbole.

Mueller has cause more crimes than he's discovered by setting perjury traps, imo.

They probably have recordings of Trump specifically

Dec 14, 2018, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Ask him if he reads minds. ]

saying if the news broke he could lose the election, or something. STILL, you then have to wonder if this woman came forward when Trump was NOT running, would he have then still paid her off to keep his wife/marriage and/or business and name from suffering?

Has Trump ever paid off a bimbo before? That would be good evidence for him. This is all way too murky to get a conviction if I'm on the jury. I don't care if it's Trump of Nancy Pelosi. But we're talking about Congress here. So there's that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imo, they decided to impeach him and thereby named...

Dec 14, 2018, 8:50 PM

a suspect and have sent Mueller to find a charge. The only thing standing between the house trial of Trump is Nancy's legions of old timers who remember how easily Bill was reelected. He had two things going for him, impeachment and a good strong economy.

Had a stronger case against Clinton

Dec 14, 2018, 9:32 PM

And even that was weak. This is ridiculous if they actually pursue it. I can assume Congress would count as a trial, but that would be the first "court" this charge has ever been tried in, other than John Edwards, where the charges were dropped.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imo, the strangest factor of the case is that...

Dec 15, 2018, 8:40 AM

if paying hush money is deemed to have broken a campaign finance statute the statute demands that the reporting must be done after the election.

How dems go from a campaign finance violation to making the election voided takes some Olympic level mental acrobatics. TDS is certainly a powerful drug.

I had to google TDS. Clearly we get information from

Nov 21, 2019, 12:27 PM

different sources.

Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Dec 15, 2018, 1:51 PM

Sorry, it's a real made up illness.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/19/politics/trump-derangement-syndrome/index.html

There is a medical condition which seems related called TAD or Trump Anxiety Disorder which many have been clinically diagnosed to have suffered.

https://www.newsweek.com/therapists-report-rise-anxiety-trump-was-elected-1046687

I like to keep up with our junge dems sufferings.

Which is interesting to me

Dec 14, 2018, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: It's not illegal to pay an extortionist. ]

Because all of this has brought my attention to

What is trying to influence an election?

Say a candidate leaves a large tip for a server? Are they buying that vote?

It seems to be a giant gray area that may be intentionally gray

Re: Which is interesting to me

Dec 14, 2018, 4:45 PM

As is the taxpayer funded slush fund for paying off these type claims for Congress. Seems rather dubious given that fund it would seem to me.

Dec 14, 2018, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Which is interesting to me ]

Dershowitz says a man can spend all he wants on his election. The infraction is no more or less a campaign funding violation which is paperwork and a fine.

It's become clear that Mueller has no definitive evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. He's mustered enough perjury charges to extort witnesses to compose testimony to avoid having their families bankrupted. He had more than he needed when he started considering the goal was to take the house and impeach Trump.

He'd love to tie Trump into Russia but it's clear, just like Stzoks text to Page, 'There is no there, there.'

Dec 14, 2018, 5:05 PM

There is doubt given the time spent on this and given what has come to Court so far. While the Mueller scope is probably far too wide given charges brought that surely fall outside of the original Russian collusion they are being used for some serious fishing.

Past campaign violations have certainly been treated as you describe and that could very well be the outcome given a competent defense lawyer laying out a scenario that does not involve swaying the election. That is the key thing.

This has all been done before with Clinton

Dec 15, 2018, 10:13 AM

Bill Clinton/Ken Starr = Donald Trump/Robert Mueller.

Investigation into a shady real estate deal ends up with perjury about a bj. Investigation in to Russian collusion ends up with campaign finance violation for a #### star payoff. It is just as ####### sleazy and unamerican and undemocratic each time it's been done.

Point is Trump shouldn't have won. It was either Russian

Dec 14, 2018, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Which is interesting to me ]

internet bots and trolls, or Russian collusion, or a disinformation campaign run by Russia, or Trump paying off a #### star. It can't be because he won based on his platform and the issues he supported on the campaign trail. Has to be something else.

He's only fulfilled half his promises...

Dec 15, 2018, 8:43 AM

an only has half his term left, generally speaking. The funny thing is I believe he may have had Russia believing that he was their best choice. I bet Putin loves him now.

Dec 14, 2018, 5:04 PM

cow,manure,news network = cnn

Dec 14, 2018, 5:22 PM

Is this your first time experimenting with initialisns?

Poetic license?***

Dec 15, 2018, 7:24 AM

Replies: 41
| visibility 682
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic