»
Topic: Not quite sure why I hate different sports but...
Replies: 11   Last Post: Mar 15, 2019 12:34 AM by: 74TIGER
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 11  

Not quite sure why I hate different sports but...

[4]
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 9:00 PM

I’ve decided I don’t like basketball more than ever. Reason- refs and officials have too much control over the game. Football is definitely debatable but in both baseball (especially) and football the guys in stripes cannot dictate the overall game. Could be wrong but I cannot watch college basketball anymore. It’s tough to watch. Doesn’t matter who you are a fan of or pulling for. The foul calls over the years (foul on booker) are so debatable that it can render outcomes debatable. My point. Our Tobacco Road frustration is real and totally understandable along with the schools that have joined the league. Money talks.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

WNCTiger11

They've made the rules such that half the calls are

[2]
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 9:03 PM

completely subjective, allowing the refs to completely control the game just as you stated.

Re: They've made the rules such that half the calls are

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 11:03 PM

The refs didn’t blow an 18 point lead

[1]
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 11:42 PM

That Teddy guy did help NC state make up about 16 of those points and the ref that called that last fandom foul on Trapp helped make up that final 2.....Go Tigers!!!!

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 12:31 AM

no the refs didnt but they did blow

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

My lifelong objections to basketball are twofold:

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 9:09 PM

the freaking court should be 100 yards long.............and they should allow tackling.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

lol, wrestleball - we played that in high school 40 yrs ago.

[1]
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 9:21 PM

It's extremely hard to score. Fans of this would
be bored for lack of offense. It was basically like
kill the man with the ball on the football field.
We were a tough bunch of youngsters back in the day.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: lol, wrestleball - we played that in high school 40 yrs ago.

[1]
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 10:45 PM

I remember, we loved that game. Essentially it was Royal Shrovetide Football played on a BB court with a volleyball. A basket was 1 point. No trip to the ER, no foul. A true melee, essentially the only rule was no murder. No way a school would let kids play it today.

Agreed BB has changed for the worse. I haven't watched pro BB in decades. I prefer going to high school games.

I agree completely. Unwatchable any more.***

[1]
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 10:48 PM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Not quite sure why I hate different sports but...

[2]
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 10:55 PM

Refs don't call palming or carrying the ball. The Euro step used to be called walking.
Refs rarely call blocking when the defender puts 2 hands on the ball carrier. Ref calls are so inconsistent. For example, players from UNC can mug our guys and get a no cal. Then when we foul with 2.6 seconds left by touching a forearm before a shot and Nancy State gets called in the act of shooting- 2 free throws.

yeah I enjoy basketball at times

[2]
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 11:07 PM

and it can definitely be exciting but I do not love the sport from a purely technical standpoint because of the constant debate about fouls.

Re: Not quite sure why I hate different sports but...

[2]
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 12:34 AM

what grates on me is when they change how they call it mid game. You'll see 35 minutes of let them play and then instantly with about 5 minutes left it becomes no touch and tickey tack foul time. ANd picking and favoring a team and do not tell me this isnt done

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 11  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 tickets in sec S asking 1200 each ,half down for deposit and balance due in August, email if inter...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
604 people have read this post