Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SAMMY AGREES WITH KAPPERNICK
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 76
| visibility 1

SAMMY AGREES WITH KAPPERNICK

Aug 30, 2016, 8:49 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/6069da63-1f07-3957-b899-310f8ae15f2a/bills-wr-sammy-watkins-on.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only that but Sammy will likely vote

Aug 30, 2016, 8:57 PM

for *gasp* Hillary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Not only that but Sammy will likely vote

Aug 30, 2016, 8:58 PM

I JUST SAYING MAN A FRIEND OF YOUR FRIEND MIGHT BE YOUR FRIEND

Trump is getting 0% from Americans of African decent.***

Aug 30, 2016, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Not only that but Sammy will likely vote ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

not much different than any Republican.

Aug 30, 2016, 9:59 PM

they vote for the Party in lockstep more than any group, other than unions and university professors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I know, right?***

Aug 30, 2016, 10:02 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not much different than any Republican.

Aug 31, 2016, 8:49 AM [ in reply to not much different than any Republican. ]

If you live in SC you should realize that as many blacks vote Republican as rednecks vote Democrat. Both are party voters and seldom consider the individual.

Re: Trump is getting 0% from Americans of African decent.***

Aug 30, 2016, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Trump is getting 0% from Americans of African decent.*** ]

not @ all what I am hearing!! some think for themselves and will vote to IMPROVE THE USA!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep voting 4 same group that has failed them. Makes sense***

Aug 31, 2016, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Trump is getting 0% from Americans of African decent.*** ]

Hold them back & don't let them fulfill their potential. Sad***

Aug 31, 2016, 10:28 AM

Re: Hold them back & don't let them fulfill their potential. Sad***

Aug 31, 2016, 12:20 PM

If you live in SC, our voters do exactly the same thing. The Republicans are no better. Our education has fallen sadly, our roads, bridges, and dams are dangerously in need of repair. Our DSS is more dangerous to the people than the ones they are trying to protect them from, we lead the country in domestic violence. Our DHEC offers half the services at Health Departments that they did 10 years ago and doesn't have the money to inspect dams. Our DOT owed $52 million and a loan from the Feds to keep from going bankrupt in 2012. And what did our legislature do this session? Argue about who goes in what bathroom!

Aug 31, 2016, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Trump is getting 0% from Americans of African decent.*** ]

You wanna bet?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2016, 11:31 AM

WELL WE KNOW OF BEN CARSON, SHERIFF CLARK , ALLEN WEST, ALL GREAT AMERICANS, ARE VOTING FOR TRUMP. PRETTY SURE THAT IS NOT ALL THE GREAT "AFRICANS" AS YOU SAY THAT KNOW LIFE ON THE PLANTATION THE LAST 40 YEARS AINT EXACTLY WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD.

Aug 30, 2016, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Not only that but Sammy will likely vote ]

He would be stupid to vote for a bigot like Trump.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Aug 30, 2016, 9:36 PM

Hey Smart Guy... Tell me one of the bigoted statements Trump has said... You have been drinking koolade.

Re: You don't know what you are talking about.

Aug 30, 2016, 9:43 PM

Didn't he go to that klan leaders funeral? That proves it right?

This Klan leader?***

Aug 31, 2016, 12:12 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This Klan leader?***

Aug 31, 2016, 12:45 AM

#1 that picture of Byrd is a photoshop

#2 he was a Klan member back in the 1940s, and left the group more than 60 years ago. I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if he still had some racist feelings but people can certainly change, especially over such a long period of time.

You might be mentally deficient, there are websites after

Aug 31, 2016, 6:55 AM [ in reply to You don't know what you are talking about. ]

websites posting his bigoted remarks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-racist-examples_us_56d47177e4b03260bf777e83

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: You might be mentally deficient, there are websites after

Aug 31, 2016, 8:23 AM

So far I've read 2 of the 13 and both are laughable.

Aug 31, 2016, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Not only that but Sammy will likely vote ]

He would be stupid to vote for a biget like trump? But he wouldnt be stupid to vote for a murderer and liar like Hillary?

That's why Gary Johnson is the man im voting for. I couldn't vote for either one of those clowns if life depended on it.

Aug 31, 2016, 2:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Not only that but Sammy will likely vote ]

I think you spelled "idiot" wrong. It doesn't start with a "b" and has a "di" instead of a "g."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2016, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Not only that but Sammy will likely vote ]

Judging by your posting here lately I don't think you have much room to talk about someone being a bigot.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Dems love them on gov't dependence. Modern day slavery***

Aug 31, 2016, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Not only that but Sammy will likely vote ]

Aug 31, 2016, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Not only that but Sammy will likely vote ]

So will I and a lot of white people who consider Trump an absolutely horrible choice(even though we aren't that taken with Hillary) so what is your point?

Aug 31, 2016, 10:19 AM

My point was defending Kapernick is wildly unpopular on the mange. So is voting for Hillary. Sammy is a Clemson legend/hero, but if he were just a poster here on TN, he'd be despised, ridiculed, insulted, called a moran, a coot, an idiot, a liberal (as if that makes you a bad person), etc.

Funny thing is, if the presidential election were decided by the Clemson football team, it would be Hillary by about a 5-1 margin. Yet we're all here to support the team. Some of these Trump worshipers probably would have to pick another team to pull for if they had a political conversation with the majority of our players.

Just sayin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2016, 10:34 AM

Most college students tend to be more liberal, hence the support of Bernie Sanders by many of them. And yes, this place is full of Trumpers, but they can vote or speak however they wish. I have no problem with that. I do find it interesting that sometimes they seem to oppose that privilege when it comes to people from the other side. But then again as a moderate I have friends of both stripes on other boards and I sometimes see liberals doing the same to conservatives.

There are intelligent people on both sides of every issue.

Aug 31, 2016, 10:38 AM

Unfortunately, there are way more ignorant voices clamoring to be heard. Emotional tirades in response to a thoughtful opposing argument is weakness. It's intellectual laziness. It is cowardly and ignorant. And there is whole lot of it around here.

Re: There are intelligent people on both sides of every issue.

Aug 31, 2016, 10:53 AM

Kaepernick's argument is not "thoughtful"....

I would like to ask him why he only focuses on the cases of police brutality towards African Americans because it happens to whites as well.

http://time.com/4404987/police-violence/

I was referring to a broader range of topics, mostly to

Aug 31, 2016, 11:03 AM

include politics and religion, which typically elicit knee-jerk, emotional reactions from ignorant people. As for Kapernick, I do not agree with his action, but his explanation does indicate a certain amount of thought behind it. Hence, it is thoughtful.

As for Kapernick, he won't make the 49ers squad and I doubt he'll be picked up. If he were to make to squad, he won't play a down of football. So maybe he's just trying to keep his name in the news?

Re: I was referring to a broader range of topics, mostly to

Aug 31, 2016, 11:11 AM

I only see knee jerk reactions from the side that is rioting in the streets and they prove that they don't care about the facts because in the Milaukee case the officer was black himself.....yet whites are being dragged out of their vehicles. Then you have celebrities and even politicians that make these statements like Kaepernick that make people even more blind to reality.....

The only people in 2016 that are oppressing African Americans are African Americans themselves.

Police officers should be held accountable, but they should be held accountable when they over step their authority with whites as well.

I get that and I appreciate your point.

Aug 31, 2016, 11:20 AM

A lot of what fuels these protests is a feeling of disenfranchisement. In a country as large as ours there is going to be a whole lot of Us vs Them. It plays out in all walks of life. Too bad it's not an easy problem to solve.

Re: I was referring to a broader range of topics, mostly to

Aug 31, 2016, 11:22 AM [ in reply to I was referring to a broader range of topics, mostly to ]

I don't follow the NFL like i used to and Kapp used to be considered a good QB. The NFL has proven over and over that they do not care about character issues. The 49ers may dump him but depending on what pro scouts think of him, i think some other team would pick him up. The sports section looks more like the police beat when it comes to the NFL.

I bleed 0range and I understand college kids are going to get caught with weed and such. as long as they are punished and we held Sammy out against Auburn a few years back for his arrest. My problem is that other college teams (Can you say SEC) will let their players that just got out of jail play and then suspend them for the "SE Louisiana tech" game.

As for the NFL, wife beaters, child abusers, murderers or accessories to all these are always let back into the league if they have the talent.

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kaepernick is 3rd on the 49ers depth chart

Aug 31, 2016, 11:24 AM

That's why he won't be around when the final cut is made.

Actually, their site lists him 2nd. I was going by commentary I heard on CBS Sports Radio. The thought was he isn't going to play and isn't the future, so he won't be kept on the roster.

Message was edited by: David78®

Re: SAMMY AGREES WITH KAPPERNICK

Welcome to to America, where No one is allowed to have their own view on things anymore.

OKAY. GLAD TO BE HERE!!! THANKS FOR THE SINCERE WELCOME

Exactly! We are not allowed to think Kaepernick is a ######

Aug 31, 2016, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: SAMMY AGREES WITH KAPPERNICK ]

and write it on the interwebs.

Is anyone saying he shouldn't have the right to be a ######?

well that changes everything...***

Aug 30, 2016, 8:59 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: well that changes everything...***

GO HEAD AND TELL US WHAT YOU REALLY THINK OF A TIGERS' LEGEND

I'd say: LAY OFF THE RED BULL!!!!

Aug 30, 2016, 9:02 PM

you are killing my ears.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yahoo loves to post these clickbait articles

The next lines of Sammy's quote make it clear that he isn't saying he agrees or disagrees with Kaepernick:

"I’m not that guy to say he’s wrong or right. Like I said, he’s an adult. He knows what kind of backlash he was going to get. A lot of guys bashed him about it and say it’s a bad thing, but I don’t know what his recent history was with that situation, or what kind of flared him to do that."

Aug 30, 2016, 9:10 PM

Love #2, but Im not taking political advice from any celeb. Just because you have a mic doesnt mean you need to be heard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SAMMY AGREES ....... (No, actually he Doesn't)

Mar 6, 2023, 4:54 PM

Nowhere in the article does Sammy say he agrees with Kapaernick's point of view.

Sammy simply said that Kaepernick had the right to say what he said and to do what he did.

There's a big difference between supporting someone's right to have a point of view, and agreeing with that point of view.

Sammy Is Wrong!

Aug 30, 2016, 9:39 PM

When he agrees with the action, he is agreeing with disrespecting the flag. Period.

That's a bit twisted, but it's your right to feel that way.

Aug 30, 2016, 9:59 PM

That's how it works under The Constitution.

Supporting Kaepernick's 1st Amendment rights is a far cry from agreeing with Kaepernick's opinions or his actions.

While I abhor Kaepernick's opinion and his actions, I totally support his right to express himself in that way.

... did you actually read what Sammy said in the article or just react to the headline?

Prove it ...

Aug 30, 2016, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Sammy Is Wrong! ]

where in his statement did he say he agreed with disrespecting the flag?

Your reading comprehension needs a lot of work. You are putting words in Sammy's mouth.

The only thing Sammy agreed with is that the guy has the right to do what he wants to do.

And he does have that right just as you have the right to post your made-up statements by Sammy

Having the right to say something does not take away the fact that you could have backlash from your statement. But he still had the right to say or not stand.

Re: Sammy Is Wrong!

Aug 31, 2016, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Sammy Is Wrong! ]

You're an idiot congrats.

Re: Sammy Is Wrong!

Aug 31, 2016, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Sammy Is Wrong! ]

there were a lot of "if's" in what sammy said. even ron rivera said it was kapperdicks "right" to do it even though he disagrees. wish sammy had just said nothing but as long as he dont pull a kapperdick i have no problem.

Aug 30, 2016, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: SAMMY AGREES ....... (No, actually he Doesn't) ]

He actually did not have the "right" to do it. NFL is a private job. Free speech does not apply to private employment.

Aug 31, 2016, 12:33 AM

Sorry if I didn't express myself right but I was trying to make the same point that the NFL is a private organization of professionals and the 49ers should handle Kap.

I am saying that I think it is fine for Kap to have his views but not demonstrating by disrespecting the Flag in front of all the fans for a private NFL team and professional organization like the NFL.

As much as it pisses me off, I think pe0ople should have the right to burn the American flag as part of a protest. This is what makes us a great country. I just don't think a NFL player should be protesting at the home of his employers and in front of the fan base.

I personally think we need to get rid of all this black lives matter and make it all lives matter.

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2016, 2:08 AM [ in reply to Re: SAMMY AGREES ....... (No, actually he Doesn't) ]

Why, does his private employer mandate he stand for the national anthem?

Aug 31, 2016, 9:38 AM

It is the common and expected practice of his private employer. Private employers do not have written rules in place to deal with absolutely everything. One can receive disciplinary action from his employer fore engaging in conduct that is damaging to the employer. The NFL will deal with this quickly, rest assured.

Aug 30, 2016, 9:24 PM

Surprise....Surprise....Surprise

Sammy just needs to shut up and stay healthy***

Aug 30, 2016, 9:26 PM

Re: Sammy just needs to shut up and stay healthy***

Aug 31, 2016, 1:43 AM

Yeah because if he shuts up he's sure to stay healthy...just play football and be quiet right?

never said one was related to the other***

Aug 31, 2016, 3:13 AM

Aug 30, 2016, 9:29 PM

Oh...yea...was he shot down when he got pulled over for possession? No...because he complied.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Aug 30, 2016, 9:33 PM
image.jpeg(76.4 K)

#### Kappernick

Sammy is showing his ignorance about the matter.

Aug 30, 2016, 9:43 PM

Sammy just dropped in my opinion of him...He is not a victim nor is any other person who obeys the law.

You and CM Shack

Aug 30, 2016, 9:48 PM

Shouldn't turn your back on Sammy now.

what in the HeII are you talking about?***

Aug 30, 2016, 9:58 PM

So...

Aug 30, 2016, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Sammy is showing his ignorance about the matter. ]

you are saying he is ignorant because he thinks people are entitled to their rights to say or show how you feel? Sammy never said he agreed with him. You need to re-read the article.

Only thing he is agreeing with is that the man has a right, just as anyone, to express his thoughts. Show me where Sammy agreed with him.

Sammy also stated that he does not know the history of the situation and why the guy did and said what he did.

"But I think he has all the rights to do what he wants to do. He’s a grown man."

Would that be like you having the right to post what you did? pot/kettle?

And where did Sammy say he was a victim? What does the law have to do with this?

Re: So...

Aug 31, 2016, 12:11 AM

The NFL is a private employer. The employer has rules. Players do not have "a right" to sit out the national anthem; Just as they do not have "a right" to come to pre game warm ups wearing UA clothes.

Re: So...

Aug 31, 2016, 12:49 AM

NBA has a rule about standing for national anthem, but the NFL does not. They encourage standing but no such rule exists in the NFL

"Players are encouraged but not required to stand during the playing of the National Anthem,” the NFL said in a statement issued Saturday, in response to the controversy that emerged when 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick opted not to stand during the playing of the national anthem on Friday night in Santa Clara, prior to a game against the Packers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/27/nfl-players-are-encouraged-but-not-required-to-stand-for-national-anthem/

Re: Sammy is showing his ignorance about the matter.

Aug 30, 2016, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Sammy is showing his ignorance about the matter. ]

First time I have ever been ashamed of Sammy!!

Read the article first Lite ...***

Aug 30, 2016, 10:23 PM

Re: Read the article first Lite ...***

Aug 30, 2016, 11:40 PM

Sammy is just saying that people have have right in the USA.

Here is my view though. Kap is part of a NFL team and if I was the 49ers, I would tell being looking to trade him or get it in his contract that he stands for the Nation Anthem. That gives the NFL a black eye especially when those guys are getting paid millions. If Kap wants to start a Youtube channel and express his point of view, then that is fine but I feel like the teams should be standing up together of a professional football team.

Some football players (from the Giants I believe0 tweeted back something like why don't you pick another country and see if things are better for you there and if you still get paid for playing American Football.

I like it when professional players act professional. Sammy was professional and didn't take sides in his comment IMO.

Dean

Not the first time I've been ashamed of you as a poster.***

Aug 31, 2016, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Sammy is showing his ignorance about the matter. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Sammy is showing his ignorance about the matter.

Aug 31, 2016, 7:19 AM [ in reply to Sammy is showing his ignorance about the matter. ]

65 posts in 4 years is still too many from someone like you

They just follow the BS ###### that Dems force feed them.***

Aug 31, 2016, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Sammy is showing his ignorance about the matter. ]

R we still playing football Saturday?????***

Aug 30, 2016, 11:38 PM

Reading Comprehension = Fail

Aug 31, 2016, 12:55 AM

When Sammy dosn't stand, then I will worry then. Until then I'm more concerned with him A) Staying Healthy, and B) Having someone that can actually throw a catchable forward pass.

Re: Reading Comprehension = Fail

Aug 31, 2016, 1:39 AM

The Flag represents everyone and i just don't see turning this into a 'black lives matter" thing. The NFL needs to implement the same rule as the NBA.

I still stick by my stance that people should have free speech but not for a private employer.

The NFL needs to figure out a way to end this because it would just make the NFL more of a joke if this happens at the games.

I cannot stand the NFL anymore. I keep track of CU players and watch the super bowl but the NFL just doesn't seem to have excitement and Vegas is almost always right on with the lines and over and under. College football is so much more exciting especially when a Clemson fan!

Dean

Aug 31, 2016, 1:45 AM

I do think the NFL better do something and quick. There has already been some rookie in Phily who planned to do it, but apparently his beliefs got outweighed by his hope of making the team, already a longshot anyway. But to he clear, this WILL snowball if allowed to. Unfortunately, with the NFL, their players union, collective bargaining agreements etc, it might not be as easy as I would prefer to do things. I can bet one thing. NFL contracts will probably start including some sort of clause like the NBA has done.

Aug 31, 2016, 2:19 AM

In all fairness to the NFL, I just don't think this was something on their radar so I do hope they automatically tie it into their contracts.

The fan support is really low on Kapp so I don't see this being anything but another black eye for the NFL.

Dean

Aug 31, 2016, 7:11 AM

Speaking of Kaepernick not Sammy, this is how terrorists are born.....they get pissed off about something and 6 months later they go on shooting rampage.

He needs to be frisked with a metal detector and body cavity searched upon entering any facility associated with the NFL.

So?

Aug 31, 2016, 9:02 AM

That's the beauty of this country. He's free to agree with whomever he wants. You are also free to do so. Neither one of you have to leave the country or even call each other names for disagreeing with each other.

Replies: 76
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic