Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not only can we compete with Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Not only can we compete with Alabama

Nov 3, 2018, 10:19 PM

we can beat them with ease. Defense and offense is better than LSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not only can we compete with Alabama

Nov 3, 2018, 10:20 PM

That would make more sense if LSU were winning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 3, 2018, 10:24 PM

I mentioned this on another thread....I'll throw it in here as well...

Hate to disagree.....because we do have a much better offense--so that gives us a chance.

But its hard to envision us getting much pressure against that OL (we didn't last year with same players). XT might help here. TT gets the ball out so fast and has great pocket presence. Frustrating LSU can't get ANY pressure with highly ranked defensive players. I saw LSU play live earlier this year and while our front DL is better than theirs, we have less quality depth then their LBs and DBs. Again, TT is a HUGE upgrade for them over JH

Another issue I see is our OL vs their DL...again...same issue as last year.

We'll see....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2018, 10:31 PM

JREwing® What you fail to realize is unlike L.Y. we have a QB who can challenge them vertically. Our 9 man WR is a year stronger and will torch them CB they have. Ross! As far as defense come on. If your offense is continuously going three and out yeah, the same front four will get tired. Sorry for you and all the Bamer lovers/worshipers but we can hit them with a balanced attack this year! This is bad news for Saban as I think once again in the game you referenced this game tonight vs. LSU they are playing an offense that has serious issues even when playing "lesser competition"! Lesser competition and they struggle to score and it puts that defense on the field more and more and the mighty tide managed 16 points. Think again my friend!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok, I accidentally thumbed up this post..

Nov 3, 2018, 10:34 PM

I hate bama. Don't call us bama worshippers because we're unbiased.

Our vaunted defense could barely stop bama with hurts at QB. Let that sink in for a bit. I hope we can win but they are going to give us the fight of our lives. Our team is going to have to play lights out to have a chance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barely stop equals like 10 first half points?

Nov 3, 2018, 11:08 PM

Then they get a pick 6 and int returned to red zone in 2nd half. If we had an offense we would have abused them last year

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barely stop them?

Nov 3, 2018, 11:55 PM [ in reply to ok, I accidentally thumbed up this post.. ]

The defense played phenomenally in that game despite constantly being put in bad positions and a significant part of the points given up in that game were strictly on KB

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2018, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Not only can we compete with Alabama ]

HILLROCK Uhhhh...I did say this first...."because we do have a much better offense--so that gives us a chance" The OP said "with ease"---and that's what I'm speaking to. No ones beating Bama with ease.

Its all about the LOS....

Bama lover---really?!?!...be a little more mature here "my friend".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ this is spot on. I get that it's really hard for our fans

Nov 3, 2018, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Not only can we compete with Alabama ]

To be unbiased but Bamas OL is really good. I think LSU is better than us on the back end also. We're going to need a heck of a game from our secondary to win.

Re: ^^ this is spot on. I get that it's really hard for our fans

Nov 3, 2018, 10:46 PM

Tigerdominance…..totally agree. Again, I saw LSU play this year at the Swamp and I have seats 10 rows behind the UF bench. LSUs LBs and DBs are very talented..typical of what they produce. With Tua and their OL..its looks worrisome. But we do have XT--so tha..t gives us a bit more than we had last year.

Nov 3, 2018, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Not only can we compete with Alabama ]

I understand your point, and you may very be proven right, but I disagree. I think a matchup with Bama would be decided on the lines. That said, this year's Bama scares me less than last as 1, our offense is much more multidimensional than last year and 2, playing a finesse game slinging it all over the field minimizes that bludgeoning offensive line of theirs. 21 points will not win such a game like last year. IMO, the key will be how well our offensive line plays.

Regarding LSU, this year's DL has been significantly worse than typical LSU teams at generating a pass rush. They are top 25ish. Even so, their defense is playing well enough to win. That gives me hope as I think our pass rush is significantly better.

And you're still wrong

Nov 3, 2018, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Not only can we compete with Alabama ]

ease? comon man. we can win but it's gonna be a battle

Nov 3, 2018, 10:28 PM

Just like the first 2 games.

Re: ease? comon man. we can win but it's gonna be a battle

Nov 3, 2018, 10:30 PM

Agreed. Beating Bama with ease is a bit of a stretch. I will say if Bama loses Tua (That knee looks real shaky)--it changes EVERYTHING. Anytime he gets hit...it seems to be an issue.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic