Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just saw Dave Doeren has made a statement regarding
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

I just saw Dave Doeren has made a statement regarding

May 30, 2020, 6:29 PM

current events. I do feel it is important and time for Dabo to address the issue.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just saw Dave Doeren has made a statement regarding

May 30, 2020, 6:32 PM

Why’s the issue he needs to make a statement about ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2020, 6:34 PM

What’s

I think obviously recognizing the issue

May 30, 2020, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I just saw Dave Doeren has made a statement regarding ]

and understanding the need for change. Like it or not he has a platform that a lot of people look up to.

Just wondering... what specific “change”

May 30, 2020, 6:41 PM

is it that you believe needs to occur? Dabo has already shown himself to be a clear advocate for change in people’s hearts through a new life in Jesus Christ.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely my take is coming from the people that will

May 30, 2020, 7:11 PM

try to use it against him at every stop. To the point in the thread maybe he is ok with not providing his opinion just for the sake of doing it. I definitely understand that. And we all know Dabo is against any injustice regarding the issue. I just hate to see people use the no comment against him. Sometimes silence can be louder than words and I don’t want to see him fall victim of it based on the person we know he is.

Use what against him? He is a football coach and teaches

May 30, 2020, 7:15 PM

young men. Racist and looters would never make it in his program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how do you envision people using it against him?***

Jun 1, 2020, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Absolutely my take is coming from the people that will ]

Re: how do you envision people using it against him?***

Jun 2, 2020, 12:03 PM

You must not use Twitter. They are blasting him for his wonderful, calming, Christian based statement yesterday. No matter what he says it will be used against him by those who wish to damage him and his program. Reminds me of someone else...

How can a few boneheaded people on Twitter

Jun 2, 2020, 3:24 PM

be considered as a voice worthy of being used against Coach Swinney?

That’s the new thing...ya know.

May 30, 2020, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Just wondering... what specific “change” ]

If you don’t put some bleeding heart post on social media now, that means you’re an even bigger racist than you were before. People are being shamed, even by their own family members, for simply keeping their mouth shut.

Scary times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

effff social media

May 30, 2020, 7:46 PM

I don't need to post how awesome my wife and children are. I call them and tell them personally or tell it to them personally. Any post on social media is a "look at me post" to everyone else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.***

May 30, 2020, 9:13 PM

i know, gag me. Why does a statement on twitter mean

Jun 2, 2020, 8:41 AM [ in reply to That’s the new thing...ya know. ]

anything? And why do we have to check every person off a list as to whether they have "responded" yet? and why are we so naive to think another hot headed cop will never over step his bounds again? the "change" everyone talks about is a myth. Not achievable in this world. The moment you figure out how to get bad people to not do bad things then let me know. That's why we have a justice system, the courts, and jail. A peaceful protest helps get the word out and that's fine keep doing that but if you think you're going to eliminate evil then you must be brainwashed or looking to start trouble.

Kids that come out of school nowadays are so gullible. In this country if someone does wrong we prosecute and convict. That's the only way to do it. Keep prosecuting dirty cops and hopefully those incidents will dwindle. And maybe teach the idea of not resisting arrest. Maybe that could be a helpful hint as well.

Re: Just wondering... what specific “change”

May 30, 2020, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Just wondering... what specific “change” ]

is it that you believe needs to occur? Dabo has already shown himself to be a clear advocate for change in people’s hearts through a new life in Jesus Christ.

AMEN!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What "change" exactly??

May 30, 2020, 11:03 PM [ in reply to I think obviously recognizing the issue ]

Humm?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not letting police get away with murder on a regular basis?***

May 31, 2020, 6:59 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not letting police get away with murder on a regular basis?***

May 31, 2020, 8:35 AM

Relieved to not see any TDs when I TUd.

Charged w/ murder, due process...

Jun 2, 2020, 6:56 AM

Virtue signaling cisgender-

"Get away with" ...."on a regular basis "

Jun 2, 2020, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Not letting police get away with murder on a regular basis?*** ]

Can you please provide some data?

May 30, 2020, 6:34 PM

Hopefully coach will read your post and Respond. He’s eager for advice from all is us experts!
(sarcasm)

May 30, 2020, 6:35 PM

Why does Dabo need to say a word publicly?

Unfortunately I see it being used against him. I don’t agree

May 30, 2020, 6:39 PM

with that but it is reality. He has a lot of influence.

Re: Unfortunately I see it being used against him. I don’t agree

May 30, 2020, 6:45 PM

I think he just needs to worry about his team and family as he always does.

May 30, 2020, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately I see it being used against him. I don’t agree ]

maybe they will mention it when presenting clemson with the national champions trophy this year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 2, 2020, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Unfortunately I see it being used against him. I don’t agree ]

Dabo's thoughts on quantum mechanics vs general relativity? When you seek political insight from prominent sport figures= your brain is functioning at the level 8yr old male. When you believe CDS has a moral obligation to praise a contrived, embellished SJW narrative composed by a 501c3 left wing non profit cess pool=you suffer from $h!+4B®ains & are most likely a cisgender b!+ch-

He should just say he agrees with Trevor

May 30, 2020, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I just saw Dave Doeren has made a statement regarding ]

I think that would be good enough

I agree. Again we know who coach is

May 30, 2020, 7:18 PM

I don’t want this to be used to discredit him. We all know there are people looking to do whatever it takes to bring him down. And maybe them trying to do that is more an indictment on them.

I'm sure laptops were involved***

May 30, 2020, 6:54 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2020, 7:06 PM

He should say murder is bad and social distancing just proved worthless by riots. In other words, everything back to normal.

May 30, 2020, 8:39 PM

He should say murder is bad and social distancing just proved worthless by riots. In other words, everything back to normal.

Social distancing is not worthless. Just wait until these rioters begin showing symptoms and you'll understand.

May 31, 2020, 12:11 AM

I thought asymptomatic was the real problem.

May 30, 2020, 7:15 PM

~JKB

No*****

May 30, 2020, 7:56 PM

LOL what do you want him to say?

May 30, 2020, 8:43 PM

“COVID-19 is really bad, and it’s sad that so many lives have been lost?”

“Please stay home and wash your hands!”

Honestly, at this point everything that can be said - and that needs to be said - has been said.

Dabo doesn’t need to say anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

May 30, 2020, 9:17 PM

What does he need to speak on? A cop contributed to a man's death and he's now in jail awaiting trial. What needs to be said or done?

The cop's only in jail because of the video and the outrage

May 31, 2020, 7:00 AM

If someone hadn't been there to film, we'd have no idea what actually happened. The other cops not only witnessed the whole thing but assisted their buddy in beating up the suspect a bit in the back of the cop car before they laid him on the ground and killed him. Police culture in America is incredibly toxic and needs to be reformed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The cop's only in jail because of the video and the outrage

Jun 2, 2020, 8:10 AM

GD is stupid your super power?

Was it about looting laptops?***

May 30, 2020, 9:55 PM

No

May 30, 2020, 10:49 PM

nm

May 30, 2020, 11:02 PM

TD Tigers said:

current events. I do feel it is important and time for Dabo to address the issue.

1) DD has no impact on Dabo as Dabo is not a follower
2) did DD mention laptops or his coaches taking a swing at our players?
3) do we not already know Dabo is against injustice?

I hate to say I told you so to many idiotic replies

Jun 1, 2020, 8:52 PM

to my thread but it illustrates the ignorance of many. Whether you understand it or not (most of you have your heads too far up your rear) this is a huge issue and a real problem. The majority of you have no clue what it is like to be treated differently bc of color. You just think they just fabricate this stuff for the he!! of it??? I’m sure many of you do.

Re: I hate to say "blah blah"--then don't

Jun 1, 2020, 9:56 PM

I believe your OP was of the "Dabo needs to do something!" type.

You overestimate the idiocy of the board and take your OP too seriously.

Most replies in the thread were not in the context of "how serious is the issue?" but "how necessary is it for Dabo to speak out about one single aspect of this ongoing tragedy and should we panic because he hasn't?"

If you are still saying, "I told you so", listen to the 34-minute interview Dabo gave the media today on a variety of topics. His answer included "I've spent the last 6 days listening."

Dabo is NOT one of the coaches being criticized by Stephen A Smith (I consider his point to be valid). Dabo is one of the few coaches who keeps his promises to his players. Justyn Ross, for instance, will keep his scholarship as long as he wants it. Dabo doesn't just utilize kids for their skills and then discard them.

BTW, Jesus never used Twitter and rarely answered questions about the controversial topics of his day. When He did, it was not to take sides, but to remind everyone that all sides are subject to God. If the public is looking to football coaches for social answers right now, we are in worse shape than we knew.

Don’t go playing that card here

Jun 2, 2020, 7:20 AM [ in reply to I hate to say I told you so to many idiotic replies ]

Each human has felt different pain and experiences than others. Because George Floyd had a horrible encounter with law enforcement does not mean a Football coach needs to tweet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate to say I told you so to many idiotic replies

Jun 2, 2020, 8:05 AM [ in reply to I hate to say I told you so to many idiotic replies ]

Closet leftist, nose blind, you reek of ignorance & white guilt, prolly tell erbody "Ima Independent", yet vote straight-ticket-DEM every time?#### (just remote viewed you)now have urge2vomit

Re: I hate to say I told you so to many idiotic replies

Jun 2, 2020, 9:02 AM [ in reply to I hate to say I told you so to many idiotic replies ]

Now that he’s made a statement everyone is happy, right? Right? Sure. Just look at the glowing articles being written today...smh.

He was in a no win situation with the media. I’m glad he focuses on his players instead.

Also, you’re bad at guessing what others think. HTH.

The last thing I would do is do what that inbred POS

Jun 2, 2020, 7:14 AM

Dave Doorknob does

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could not care less what this ACC football coach has to

Jun 2, 2020, 8:46 AM

say. I have no respect for him. By his actions I assess him, not his words.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic