Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If taking foreign help in an election is acceptable...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 391

If taking foreign help in an election is acceptable...

Oct 30, 2019, 12:43 PM

...then okay. Let's do this.

So it would be acceptable for MI6 - meaning, the actual MI6 organization, working with the full (vast!) resources of their organization, acting in concert with the English government - to dig for dirt on Trump as Russia's SVR did, and feed what they find to the Democratic candidate two weeks before the election so it has maximum impact?

GOP voters would scream bloody murder. And they'd be right to. And I know, before the you even say the words - Christopher Steele. "Dirty" dossier. But he was retired MI6, doing legal oppo research as a PI for Fusion GPS, a private firm. And you saw the damage this one dude did.

But if it's the Wild West and any number can play because, well, foreign meddling with US elections is fine and dandy now, MI6 jumping in in its entirety is not maybe might going to happen, it absolutely will, because England is feeling particularly alone with Brexit (maybe!) going through and the last thing they need is NATO disintegrating as well. You think they're just going to stand back and let Russia have all the fun, if that's the rules of the game now?

The Russian SVR is good. MI6 is better. Better than the CIA, better than the Mossad. And the German Bundesnachrichtendienst (Federal Intelligence Service) isn't bad either. They'd like to see NATO endure as well. Can they help a Democrat against Trump, maybe by leaning on Germany's Deutchsbank - the bank Trump has used exclusively for the last 25+ years, and which is known to have laundered insane amounts of Russian mob money as well?

Is that okay now? Is there still "nothing wrong with it?"

Or what about the Chinese? And you'd best know what that actually means. Russia's "Fancy Bear" hackers - who work for Russian military intelligence - are very good. But Fancy Bear is nothing compared to "Dark Army", who are fictionalized (somewhat) in the TV series Mr. Robot and are in reality composed of NCPH (allegedly the private arm) and the official Ministry of State Security guys (though the lines between "private" and "government" are very blurred in China)...whatever, there's anywhere from 50,000 to 100,000 of these guys - mostly doing industrial espionage (we think!). Whatever, the Chinese hackers are garnering a reputation as the best in the world, and their numbers are insane...one of their favorite tactics, actually, is a brute-force denial-of-service swarm launched by hundreds or even thousands of operators simultaneously, which can be almost impossible to stop. Chinese hackers have also come up with some of the world's most sophisticated "rootkits", viruses that infects the master boot sectors on a hard drive through some means nobody still really understands, and re-initializes itself even after purged.

If the Chinese can come up with Trump's tax records - and I wouldn't bet against them! - does that mean the Democratic candidate can freely trade for those records because it helps their campaign? Because, you know, there's nothing wrong with that?

You know the Chinese would love to. You know, Trade War and all.

So can anybody play now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is that since we've been China's ##### for...

Oct 30, 2019, 12:50 PM

30 years your question is probably a little late. Do I think the Chinese will be involved in whatever? Yep.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My guess is that since we've been China's ##### for...

Oct 30, 2019, 1:05 PM

30 years your question is probably a little late. Do I think the Chinese will be involved in whatever? Yep.

Involved how?

They didn't dig up any of the stuff AMI - meaning, National Enquirer - caught and killed and stuffed away in David Pecker's private vault. Nobody really even has a clue what's in there...whatever, they didn't catch wind of Stormy Daniels or Karen McDougal.

They didn't get his tax records. Nobody really has a clue how much Trump is worth, how he made his money...or how much he's making now. Or from where.

They didn't produce any of those Apprentice tapes that allegedly would have ended his run before it started, if the language he was using is what it supposedly was. That tape - like everything else about Trump - has stayed buried.

Nobody's even been able to get his high school or college transcripts. He sealed those before he made his run and nobody's unearthed them yet.

Nobody found a durn thing on Trump last time around before the election, probably because they underestimated him.

So let me ask again: are the rules of the game different now?

Not gonna read your whole post but I agree with the first few sentences.

Oct 30, 2019, 12:51 PM

I have a question for you, genuinely curious as to whether you know the answer. Who initially hired Fusion GPS to start doing opposition research on Trump?

Re: Not gonna read your whole post but I agree with the first few sentences.

Oct 30, 2019, 12:58 PM

Republicans, of course...but it sounds like you already knew that.

Replies: 4
| visibility 391
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic