Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers hold first practice with freshmen, new look helmet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tigers hold first practice with freshmen, new look helmet

Aug 2, 2013, 7:44 PM

Tigers hold first practice with freshmen, new look helmet

First look at Clemson true freshmen like Mackensie Alexander and also the new white practice helmets. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers hold first practice with freshmen, new look helmet

Aug 2, 2013, 7:54 PM

It's interesting that Lateek could be back. I thought I heard his name called in the weigh in video and one of the coaches or Swinney said he wasn't there.

Aug 2, 2013, 7:55 PM

isnt that the same helmet gamecock players have to wear to classes?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2013, 11:48 PM

Nah! They don't do classes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's really disrespectful to the...

Aug 3, 2013, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers hold first practice with freshmen, new look helmet ]

unfortunate few that need those type head gears to throw the USuCk players in with them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will there be a photo gallery coming at some point?***

Aug 2, 2013, 7:55 PM

Re: Will there be a photo gallery coming at some point?***

Aug 2, 2013, 8:00 PM

I am sure Don Muson will have one of his little videos, they usually pop up around 8:30-9:00

Well, some of y'all wanted a white helmet...

Aug 2, 2013, 8:15 PM

Looks like you got it ;)

This write up has me fired up, Thanks!***

Aug 2, 2013, 8:50 PM

Aug 2, 2013, 9:04 PM

Anybody know if all of the NCAA is wearing these bobo covers? I believe in player safety but its getting silly. I mean they already have padding INSIDE the helmet. I NEVER injured my head THROUGH my helmet in 14 years of playing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2013, 10:17 PM

In case you have not heard the NFL is being sued for concussions and they have padding inside the helmet as well. I think the game helmets will eventually have padding on the outside as well. Some players have used the helmet as a weapon for a lot of years. Chad Deil had quite a few concussions while at Clemson, amny others have as well.

If someones head hits Tajh or Sammy's knee I would like the helmet to be padded on the outside!

Not everyone's mind is as small as yours.***

Aug 3, 2013, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers hold first practice with freshmen, new look helmet ]

Re: Not everyone's mind is as small as yours.***

Aug 3, 2013, 7:06 AM

Concussions are caused by a sudden change of direction of the head causing the brain to impact the inside of the skull. So exactly how does this have a marked reduction in that change of directon ? Many people still get concussions during a head on collision DESPITE an air bag. Helmets don't prevent concussions they prevent specific trauma. The only thing that can prevent concussions is to sit on the sidelines.

Aug 3, 2013, 7:12 AM

But yes I will admit it will help that player not inflict damage to others limbs and that makes it worth it.

Aug 3, 2013, 8:06 AM

The sudden change of direction will be at least a quarter of an inch different... and if this experiment lessens concussions in practice by at least 10 - 25%, I will wager that the helmet in college and NFL will have padded exteriors within 10 years..

Concussion brain damage is a major issue in football... I have heard people who love the game saying that they will not let their children play because of probability of concussions until they are old enough to make their own decisions. .

Aug 3, 2013, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Not everyone's mind is as small as yours.*** ]

The padding adds a greater distance for the head to begin deceleration upon impact. It's not much but it is better than nothing and will help reduce concussions.

Aug 3, 2013, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers hold first practice with freshmen, new look helmet ]

While I didn't get a head injury either, that I know of (although some may argue that) there probably will be overkill when it comes to player safety from all the publicity about head injuries. Football is a gladiator sport, and it can be dangerous. I don't know how that gets fixed, but some will continue to make it an issue. I guess the next thing is a full body suit made of some type bubble wrap, or maybe 2 hand touch with no blocking. Just kidding on that, but where does it stop?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am sure same was said when face masks were added.***

Aug 3, 2013, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers hold first practice with freshmen, new look helmet ]

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

I hope every team is wearing these things.......

Aug 2, 2013, 11:02 PM

can you imagine the crap we would catch if not. Keep them safe but at least have them blend in a little better. Makes them look like they need diapers too. Yikes!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

It's embarrassing that we care about our players.***

Aug 3, 2013, 12:34 AM

Read the post. Make tham orange. Nuf said***

Aug 3, 2013, 3:01 PM

them***

Aug 3, 2013, 3:02 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic