Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Report: Deshaun Watson to visit AFC team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,789

FB Update: Report: Deshaun Watson to visit AFC team

Apr 4, 2017, 9:23 AM

Report: Deshaun Watson to visit AFC team

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Report: Deshaun Watson to visit AFC team

Apr 4, 2017, 9:45 AM

I hope in Cleveland DW4 overthrows about 7 passes and throws 5 in the dirt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of his goals was #1 draft pick...

Apr 4, 2017, 12:22 PM

He would want that no matter the team.

That being said, hopefully he has made it clear that if they don't use their #1 pick on him... don't use any!

Not a fan of the Browns, but I personally don't think it's a

Apr 4, 2017, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Report: Deshaun Watson to visit AFC team ]

bad situation at all. Sure they've been terrible forever, but look at the current situation. Hue Jackson is a very good and offensive-minded coach. If you believe Ian Rapoport, the Browns envision having a WR trio of Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, and Kenny Britt next season. They have one of the best LTs in football, and the offensive line as a whole is pretty good. Their two RBs averaged 4.8 and 4.9 yards per carry last year.

With a good QB, there's no reason the Browns can't be a good team offensively.

The defense is another story, and it will require a few years to build up. They've taken the right steps though by hiring Gregg Williams. Plus they'll have Myles Garrett, which is a great building block, and they've stockpiled draft picks. This year, they have two 1st rounders, two 2nd rounders, two 3rd rounders, and four 4th rounders. Next year, they have one 1st rounder, three 2nd rounders, one 3rd rounder, and two 4th rounders. Add in the cap space (they have more than they know what to do with), and there are a lot of opportunities to add talent there.

Overall, I see the Browns as a huge opportunity for Deshaun. If he fails in Cleveland, you can just blame it on the Browns always being sucky. He'll get a chance somewhere else. But if he succeeds in Cleveland, he'll be seen as the legend who overturned years and years of futility.

I personally think who ever is the QB in Cleveland in about three years will be in a great position to succeed, and I think there are much worse situations out there for him to walk into.

Re: Not a fan of the Browns, but I personally don't think it's a

Apr 4, 2017, 1:13 PM

I completely agree with your post. Another thing is they picked some good lineman this offseason. Sure they lost Alex Mack, however they built an overall better line imo. I despise the Browns, but am warming up to the idea, living so close to there.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Unless the Chiefs want to trade up quite a bit...

Apr 4, 2017, 4:01 PM

I expect Watson to be off the board by their pick.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,789
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic