Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Savion Jackson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Savion Jackson

May 31, 2018, 3:23 PM

Will be on commitment watch this weekend, heavy favor to the coots and a good friend within that program expects he will be a USuC commit this weekend (he's been right so far).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a coot forum......***

May 31, 2018, 3:24 PM

Re: Not a coot forum......***

May 31, 2018, 3:29 PM

It is someone that we are recruiting and I tried informing fellow tigers, sorry you can't handle reality.

Not a "can't handle reality" forum.....***

May 31, 2018, 3:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

May 31, 2018, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Not a coot forum......*** ]

You did your best to inform us, now it's up to us to use the info

May 31, 2018, 3:46 PM

Most on here are not interested. If we were, we would be on FGF instead of here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2018, 4:02 PM

That’s incorrect. 40% of the posts on here are coot related. Most on here are interested in coot bashing but now they have “off the field” success once in 4 years and people “ don’t want to hear it?”
Why? It’s not like it changes the fact that we’re about to win 10 in a row at minimum. I love hearing their fans have expectations and hope. Just so they’re more miserable when they all fail

Why would a coot complain about all the coot posts Charlie?***

Jun 1, 2018, 8:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Savion Jackson

May 31, 2018, 3:51 PM

you said your friend is a coot. that doesnt seem to fit with being right unless you mean from a futility standpoint

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2018, 3:55 PM

We're getting elite skill guys and QB's...but unfortunately we are having to adjust to several realities this year, and those are:

1) When you've got two 5-star ends (Xavier Thomas, KJ Henry) listed as fourth on your post-Spring depth chart, you do not have an attractive PT situation for end prospects. People are beating us over the head with it right now...and wouldn't you, if you were a rival recruiter?

2) It's a down year, both statewise, region-wise, even nationally for DT prospects. We definitely do have a highly-attractive situation for DT's since we're only going to have 3 on scholarship next season - which means that no less than 2 true frosh DT's are going to play from Minute 1 - but the problem is, there just aren't a lot of offer-level DT's to be had this year. So we're going to have to work for it.

3) We're getting outhustled and (cough) outbought for regional OL prospects. I love Caldwell but he's not a killer on the recruiting trail, and, frankly, SEC recruiting has gotten absolutely filthy now that all these Saban-tree bots are coaching everywhere in the conference. (News flash if you somehow didn't know: they are dirty as sin.) It's a huge problem at the moment and the NCAA seriously needs to get off its tail about it. Regardless, we've compensated for the this by massively expanding our recruiting net and going up north and Midwest for OL prospects but again, long-distance recruiting takes work and historically we haven't been a program that recruits nationally before; our brand just wasn't that strong.

We'll get some players because we're, well, Clemson, but it definitely looks like we're going to have to work harder - and probably go further - than we ordinarily do to fill our allotment in the trenches this year. Which is actually a complete disgrace and a sad commentary on the corrupt state of college recruiting when you consider that over the last five years, among all 130 FBS programs in the country....

1)Only Alabama has been more successful than Clemson the last five years in terms of wins and losses...

2)And among all 130 FBS programs only Stanford has higher grad rates than Clemson...

...and...

3)Among all 130 FBS programs no program in the country has offered or put on scholarship fewer players than Clemson (meaning a Clemson offer is the hardest to get in the entire country).

It does make me grumpy sometimes. It definitely means stomping SEC teams never gets old.

May 31, 2018, 3:59 PM

Another POTD from our good friend Q!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2018, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Savion Jackson ]

Dang you Q... I hate when you ruin the sky is falling posts with all your facts

May 31, 2018, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Savion Jackson ]

I think long term we'll be fine as long as we hit on enough OL guys as developmental prospects and not total busts. 2020 sets up nicely geographically and with prospects who have interest for us to really clean up on both sides of the trenches.

I'm not ready to count Bates out for just about any DTs just yet either. Getting in Tuitele's top 5 after he had visited a bunch of others and not CU over the spring was huge. Leal's already planning on making a visit and if A&M hosts him during our game and we stomp them there that seems like one we could pull (unless he's a captain of an Adidas 7 on 7 team). I know Jacob Lacey has been committed to ND for a while but they seem like they could have another pretty rough season, maybe not as bad as 2 years ago, but 6-6 or 7-5. If they slip like that you never know.

May 31, 2018, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Savion Jackson ]

Why do you think everyone else is cheating?

Because why the hell else would anyone go to Tennessee***

Jun 1, 2018, 12:02 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2018, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Savion Jackson ]

Thanks for a good post. Explain #3 a little more for me please.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Wow, great commentary on the current recruiting situation

Jun 1, 2018, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Savion Jackson ]

Also, I love the term "Saban-tree bots".

I think we are after Logan Cash

May 31, 2018, 4:30 PM

at SDE and maybe Colby Wooden if we can pry him from Auburn. Not sure about WDE but we are in top group with Ruke Orhorhoro ( the Nigerian Nightmare)

at DT we are putting in all our Chips on Faatui Tuitele, Travon Walker who are both 5 stars. We are in it with Tyler Davis a 4* and still on Jacob Lacey but he is a ND commit. I'll take two 5 stars and a 4* or two.

Still pursuing Crouch at LB/RB but so is Coots and Tennessee.

Still want Booth and Battle and Cam'ron Kelly at DB and Hellams at Safety. Jaylin Phillips is also visiting this weekend and just picked up a crystal ball to us. I'm excited about the possibilities with these guys.

for Offense

Ngata 4* WR from California is our top target. We usually always get our top targets at WR. Feel good about him coming

TE is a mystery right now. I think we like Foskey also in California at TE but that will be a hard pull. Hudson Henry is probably our top target and like our chances with him better.

OLINE:

as Quozzel pointed out we are going Midwest and North for these guys. I thought we were in good shape with a few guys on our board but they all committed elsewhere including Carpenter to Michigan last night. We are still after some good ones though:

Jake Hornibrook
Darnell Wright 5* -- tough pull but he is visiting
Devontae Dobbs 5* -- Michigan St will be our competition. In his top group though.
Clay Webb 5* -- most believe it'll be Bama but his mom likes Clemson specifically Bates and Dabo
Harry Miller 4* -- Ohio St seems to lead but I think we still are in a good position.
Jesse Hanson 3* -- committed to VT but he is a Clemson legacy.

We are going to have a top 10 class at worst and top 8 at best.

I hope youre wrong. Top 8 at best kimd of sucks if....

May 31, 2018, 4:36 PM

we have a full class. That will be a letdown. We will have to follow that with a full top 3 class. I was expecting a top 5 class coming up.

you have to be realistic

May 31, 2018, 4:47 PM

Clemson recruits different than other schools. We find many diamonds in the rough. As you can see we have more 3 stars than 5 and 4 combined right now. We also are after other 3* players. We don't chase stars we chase the right guy...like the Beasley's, Jarrets, Leggets, and others. Dabo is the best there is at recognizing and developing talent. Many times our 3* get a 4th or 5th star as the recruiting networks start to catch on (or after they commit to Clemson). Top 5 is not out of the realm of possibility but I don't see us being a #1 class.

Re: I hope youre wrong. Top 8 at best kimd of sucks if....

May 31, 2018, 7:48 PM [ in reply to I hope youre wrong. Top 8 at best kimd of sucks if.... ]

Carlsbad® said:

we have a full class. That will be a letdown. We will have to follow that with a full top 3 class. I was expecting a top 5 class coming up.

We won a natty with classes which averaged 13th best so why would a top 10 class be a letdown? You sir need some perspective

Re: I hope youre wrong. Top 8 at best kimd of sucks if....

Jun 1, 2018, 9:38 AM

Well we need another QB talent like Deshaun Watson. We probably have one in Trevor Lawrence, just need him to start.

Is he a big time recruit?***

May 31, 2018, 4:30 PM

I found him. The coots are on the rise big time

May 31, 2018, 4:41 PM

Some people are going to get their wish that the coots improve and make the rivalry better. I prefer the blowouts. Luckily we have TL for the next 3 years. If he is healthy that should mean 3 more straight wins for us.

I don't lose a seconds sleep worrying about $CU recruiting.

May 31, 2018, 5:32 PM

$CU currently is, always has been, and always will be Clemson's little b!tch.

Buying a few recruits who are unwilling to competed for playing time at the nations highest level isn't going to change that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think they will be a top 10 or 15 team in a few years.

May 31, 2018, 5:56 PM

That said, they wont have the consistency. I prefer they always are a complete dumpster fire though. They wont be a joke like I prefer getting helicopter rides etc.

Re: I don't lose a seconds sleep worrying about $CU recruiting.

May 31, 2018, 6:13 PM [ in reply to I don't lose a seconds sleep worrying about $CU recruiting. ]

100% accurate. Not a single thing to worry about.

Spurrier hated recruiting but could coach.
Chump loves recruiting but can’t coach.

If USuC could somehow align the stars for both of these elements to come together, we might have to worry. Until then, we’ll always win 7 out of 10.

Who is the coots OC?

May 31, 2018, 7:11 PM

Hopefully its the same guy Muscoot had at Florida.

Re: Who is the coots OC?

May 31, 2018, 7:21 PM

He just fired the OC from UF and replaced made the WR coach with no playcalling experience.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Who is the coots OC?

Jun 1, 2018, 10:12 AM

who mounted a 2nd half 23 point come back against a top 5 defense... Don't let the fact Mac was a position coach fool you into believing he can't OC, or else he'll make you pay.

May 31, 2018, 5:40 PM

Not saying it won't happen but even Coot insiders still consider him a NC State lean.

May 31, 2018, 6:09 PM

Somebody needs to audit Newspring Columbia. ##### are cheating.

Amidoinitright?!

Then why do you give a crap?!?***

May 31, 2018, 7:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

WHO GIVES A D@MN?....***

May 31, 2018, 8:41 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2018, 8:46 PM

He’s not a take.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic