Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not Into Conspiracy Theories However...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,518

Not Into Conspiracy Theories However...

Dec 2, 2019, 9:08 AM

I do think there is a push, intentional or not to get OSU into the championship game. That's why they jumped to number one in front of LSU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not Into Conspiracy Theories However...

Dec 2, 2019, 9:38 AM

I know one thing.

If you look at the early Vegas lines for playoff contenders put out last week, there is a HUGE difference between being the #1 or #2 team this season.

OSU, LSU, and Clemson were all multiple score favorites over any team that is in contention for the #4 seed.

I think the lowest number I saw against Utah, Oklahoma, or Baylor was +9 to any of the top 3 teams.

Meanwhile the top 3 teams are all within a field goal spread of each other.

Whoever the committee randomly decides is the #1 seed has a huge advantage over the #2 & #3 seeds in terms of reaching to final game.

Super Double Reverse Conspiracy Theory

Dec 2, 2019, 9:45 AM

No #1 ranked team has ever won the CFP, so secretly teams are being sabotaged by being made #1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2019, 9:49 AM

They are trying to leave the #4 spot for the 2nd SEC team, and they do not want LSU to play the other SEC team in the first round.

Dec 2, 2019, 10:25 AM

That's probably because they've pretty clearly looked like the best team in the country all season. We could give them a run for their money, but they haven't had a game as close as UNC, and they've played a tougher schedule (although I don't think the good teams on their schedule match up well with them).

LSU has had issues on defense, and we have the dogfight against UNC on our record. I have no issue with OSU at #1 based on how they've looked this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If there is a conspiracy it's to get two SEC teams seeded.***

Dec 2, 2019, 10:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,518
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic