Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not FB related but, I have a question for anybody who
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,596

Not FB related but, I have a question for anybody who

Dec 4, 2019, 7:46 PM

might know... Have any of you guys/girls with a serious back condition know about, or have had that nerve burn that they are doing now to get some relief for nerve pain, or the serious muscle spasms that are caused by damaged or irritated nerves in their back caused from prior back surgeries.

I have been scheduled for the numbing test that they do before they actually burn the nerves. Did it work, if so, how much relief did you get if any after you had it done, and what should I expect???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not FB related but, I have a question for anybody who

Dec 4, 2019, 8:14 PM

I think you're referring to an ablation. I had one a few months ago but for sciatica, not damage from previous surgery. It worked wonders for me. Of course, your mileage may vary, and your situation is not the same. The type of rf burn I had probably will wear off eventually as the nerve grows back - it wasn't completely "burned" - but I'm pretty happy with the results, and most likely will be having it again down the road.

Message was edited by: dogpappa®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 8:38 PM

I have a double whammy with arthritis and a bulging disk together... I had the nerve burn and several epidural shots with practically zero effect... I am doomed with the only relief being 2-3 Hydrocodone pills daily... Good luck...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 9:42 PM

Me, too. I have had three low back surgeries, several epidural shots, still have chronic everyday pain from collapsed discs hitting nerves. Anyone who wants to yell about an "Opioid Epidemic" can kiss my big white Amurican ###. They haven't been there, done that, and had the medical bills to show for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2019, 11:00 AM

Same here, I take 90mg MS contin twice daily, with 10/325 Oxycodone in between everyday and still have horrible back pain. New pain management DR suggested the nerve burn bc he says he needs to bring me down on my meds. I told them just yesterday, if the nerve burn didn't work, that I would be seeking another DR bc I was going to allow idiots over dosing cause me to suffer bc I have been this way 13 years and I've never abused my meds, never come in early for more, and never ask for more. I feel that I'm doing the right thing, and I wasn't going to allow his over dose fright to cause me to suffer anymore than I do now!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 9:16 PM

I had the shots for that back in 2013. The doc sent me for a MRI and it showed I had a herniated disc on my L4. He told me it could take possibly 3 series of shots. The first lasted about 8 weeks but instant relief. Went back for my second series and it lasted about 6 weeks(even though I was doing things he told me not to do) Went back for my third series and haven’t had a problem since. Talking with a nice lady in the waiting area and she told me she had 2 neck and back surgeries that didn’t work out and that she had 2 shots and if she would have known about the shots she never would have had the surgeries. She was there for a check up!! She had been pain free for a year at that point. My was a sciatic nerve that I could never get rid of.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 11:24 PM

Ablation. I had the injections as a lead up to the ablation procedure for arthritis in my L4 and L5. The first round of injections worked so well they lasted a year. My pain management doc and I decided to go for a second round of injections before she does the ablation and I am still running on those. The theory is that if the injections work, the ablation will be better. It has been a life changer for me. If these injections last another year I may just keep getting them instead of the ablation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,596
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic