Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NostraDabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

NostraDabo

Jul 4, 2019, 8:08 AM

Post below got me thinking about things Dabo has said through the years that I thought at the time were probably mostly just talk. Later I recognized that, if you really listen closely to Dabo, he will give you a lot more information about his team than most head coaches.

Here are a couple of examples that I remember:

After practice Dabo was asked how a couple of the recent 4 star receivers were developing. He answered and then added that, “there is a walk-on named Renfrow that you guys probably haven’t heard of that will be able to help this team.”

The second example that stands out to me was right after the loss to Alabama in the first national championship game, Dabo was asked about coming so close to the goal and how hard it would be to get back there again. He said, “I expect to win multiple national championships at Clemson.” I thought at the time that sounded great but so improbable.

I’m sure there are many more good examples, but it has taught me to listen more closely to what Dabo says because he is probably more open and honest than most head coaches.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NostraDabo

Jul 4, 2019, 8:21 AM

When responding to Spurrier's comment "We ain't no Clemson" Dabo "You certainly are NOT Clemson!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jul 4, 2019, 8:47 AM

The butt-hurt losers refer to that as "The Rant." LOL. They just can't accept reality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

My favorite was from late in the 2010 season

Jul 4, 2019, 9:56 AM

when things were looking bleak for Dabo.

He knew who he was recruiting and that things would change if we stuck with him. When asked about some of the close losses that season, Dabo's (paraphrased) response was, "All I can say is that if other teams want to beat us they better do it now because they sure aren't going to do it later"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They better get us now***

Jul 4, 2019, 10:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

+1 good'un Smif!***

Jul 4, 2019, 12:34 PM [ in reply to My favorite was from late in the 2010 season ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2019, 11:27 AM

The man has a lot of confidence. Hope he continues to win at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2019, 3:47 PM

I liked his comments at his announcement of getting the head job. He was asked something about getting our program on the level of Georgia/Bama and he said that was not his goal at all. He paused a bit and said that he wanted those teams to hope to be like us instead . That was his vision and the way he said it made you believe him.....Pretty gutsy for a 39 year old wide receiver's coach.....

Jul 4, 2019, 9:35 PM

BYOG baby!!!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic