Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Elliott on players that are pushing for more playing time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

FB Update: Elliott on players that are pushing for more playing time

Sep 14, 2015, 12:52 PM

Elliott on players that are pushing for more playing time

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of that sounds about right...

Sep 14, 2015, 1:11 PM

Norton couldn't execute the snap on Saturday...if that continues, Guillermo will absolutely be the starter.

I personally see Brooks as a better version of Davidson. Brooks was going to be our lead back last year before his injury, so if he's healthy, I could see him moving to the #2 spot behind Gallman.

And then the backup QB spot has been a disappointment thus far. Schuessler hasn't shown us anything yet. If Watson were to go down, I don't think we could beat a decent team with him. With Bryant, there is at least the talent to make something happen. All Bryant needs is experience.

I'd like to see Bryant as the #2

Sep 14, 2015, 1:14 PM

He's just seems to have more potential with the ball in his hands.

Crossing fingers he can pick up the offense

Sep 14, 2015, 1:47 PM

His upside seems huge. There's no way he's got the offense down like Nick, but his talent level is definitely higher.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It won't be long, don't worry.

Sep 14, 2015, 1:48 PM [ in reply to I'd like to see Bryant as the #2 ]

Elliot is probably as anxious to see him at #2 as we are but he's not going to make a mistake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree....

Sep 14, 2015, 6:25 PM [ in reply to I'd like to see Bryant as the #2 ]

I realize he isn't really ready, but I still want him to get as much PT as possible when the game is out of reach. When Watson leaves after next season I want to have our next QB completely ready to play. The more PT for Bryant the better. It's not like we can win with Nick anyway.

Watson will stay for his senior year***

Sep 15, 2015, 5:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Norton Was Fine ...Should Be Fine At Center ----

Sep 14, 2015, 1:29 PM

I don't understand it..... Game 1 Norton was fine snapping the ball. Game 2 he acts like its our first rodeo. He did the same thing with Tajh Boyd now that I think about it. I understand things happen but I'm starting to see a pattern develop here. Just squat down in your stance call your protection and flick that ball between your legs {NOT SO DANG HARD THOUGH} and go hit the first non Clemson Tiger in front of you.

Seems simple enough.

Re: Norton Was Fine ...Should Be Fine At Center ----

Sep 14, 2015, 2:13 PM

Both centers had trouble snapping the ball on Saturday. Norton was in on the snap over DW. Guillermo had the low snap and the one when DW was still making calls . Still have no idea how 16 or 81 play they are some of the worst blocking TE I've ever seen . Both players have been here for years and Danny Pearman still can't teach them how to block . We have a lot of problems on special teams and who is the coordinator of that unit ? You guessed it Danny Pearman. Pearman is also not a good recruiter. Hopefully we bring in somebody new after this year .

Sep 14, 2015, 2:53 PM

I take exception to your comments regarding #16. In past years that was definitely true, however while watching the game this week I actually made the comment to my buddy that I was going to compliment Leggett on Tnet for showing up and blocking during this game. I see a marked improvement in Leggett's game. I think he is finally getting "it". Some of that may be fueled by the exceptional freshmen talent we have at that position pushing him for playing time. For whatever reason, his blocking has greatly improved.

Sep 14, 2015, 3:28 PM

Honestly I think schuesller and Bryant have looked below average because of the conservative and extremely "vanilla" play calling from Elliot and Scott. When these guys open up the playbook in mop up time Thursday they will both look like a lot different.

They also play behind less experienced OL and

Sep 14, 2015, 5:03 PM

have less experienced WRs and RBs to help them.

I don't think you can truly begin to access a QB until he has a chance to operate with the starters.

For example, Perry Orth looked pretty good when forced into action the other night for SCAR. Obviously, he must not have looked good enough in practice to warrant a start until Mitch went out and forced the move.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2015, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Norton Was Fine ...Should Be Fine At Center ---- ]

Mop up time??

I like your optimism.

Sep 15, 2015, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Norton Was Fine ...Should Be Fine At Center ---- ]

As a Tigers fan, I would love to see the playbook open in "mop-up" mode against the Cardinals, but that would be a generous gift to Notre Dame and Georgia Tech as they study film in preparation for their upcoming visits.

I agree.**

Sep 14, 2015, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Norton Was Fine ...Should Be Fine At Center ---- ]

nm

Sep 14, 2015, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Norton Was Fine ...Should Be Fine At Center ---- ]

84OX Might wanna watch the game again . He almost got Scott killed at 18:05. CHeck out 81 at 35:33 , 9:34 and 16 at 29:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wu90RdVJM8

Sep 15, 2015, 1:59 AM [ in reply to Norton Was Fine ...Should Be Fine At Center ---- ]

Norton was terrible. No push in the run game at any point in his career - even against low-level competition. He struggles staying in front of anybody with a decent combination of size and speed in pass blocking. He's experienced, but in this case, that hasn't equated to being good.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic