Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
North Carolina and Moore County, NC COVID-19 data
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

North Carolina and Moore County, NC COVID-19 data

Apr 9, 2020, 1:57 PM

I made my own spreadsheet taking date for multiple locations and I also added some graphs. It is a google docs sheet and the link should work for ever as long as I keep updating. When I update, it is real time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i57E6O1yDq_FvQGNjiAH3T2RPJeqMVV7_rYruIP9KWU/edit?usp=sharing

My little county got hammered yesterday. One person got sick at a nursing home so they tested everyone there and found 31 more infected people. None of the 31 were showing symptoms, or at least not significant symptoms.

My Daughter is a safety manager over 6 manufacturing plants. One of the plants had someone positive so they shut down to clean and tested the people that worked around the sick person. 5 more tested positive, none of the 5 had symptoms.

If there is interest, I can add SC if someone will point me to a place I can download all the data.

You can also copy the google docs sheet and do a save as and modify it however you want.

Stay safe, my fiends. It's time to stop the political hate and get on the same team...even coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: North Carolina and Moore County, NC COVID-19 data

Apr 9, 2020, 2:15 PM

So Neal, if there were no symptoms on the positive testings, would the virus be a little easier to treat and defeat???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the opposite

Apr 9, 2020, 2:20 PM

Why MERS and SARS1 was easier to defeat was because you didn't spread until you were sick.

Now we have people that spread disease but either are not sick yet, or never really get sick at all. Sometimes we get sick and our body fights it off in a day or two and you just kind of feel bad for a day.

It does not appear that our testing is going to get fixed anytime soon.

What is better, someone had contact and gets tested withing a couple of days and goes back to work if they are negative, or someone has possible contact and gets quarantined for 14 days no matter what.

Healthcare and essential workers don't need to take 14 days off, they need to go back to work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the opposite

Apr 9, 2020, 3:00 PM

Actually, Neal that data is eye opening and significant.

Looking at the Chinese data, the virus is acting like a fire that has run out of wood to burn. Perhaps there are a LARGE number of asymptomatic infections that are not accounted for. I would consider this a GOOD finding. It means the world will likely follow the Chinese curve and we will be out of this by mid June.

I know not many believe the Chinese data. I agree they almost certainly lied about the number of deaths. But, with people returning to work, it would be harder to hide a new rise in infections. With worldwide internet the truth would almost certainly leak out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am skeptical of the Chinese results. How did China get to

Apr 9, 2020, 4:08 PM

80k and just stop........Yet, New York doubled that almost...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am skeptical of the Chinese results. How did China get to

Apr 9, 2020, 4:39 PM

First- I don’t believe the 80k number- it was surely much higher.

Did you see what the Chinese were doing at the epicenter? They sealed off the provence from the rest of China. They went door to door, and shot a temp laser at the forehead of every person in each dwelling. Everyone with an elevated temp was hauled away to a “coronavirus camp” to isolate them from the general population. (If they didn’t have coronavirus before, they certainly did afterwards). They even welded the door shut at some residences where the owners failed to comply. If anyone has not seen this or do not believe it, I’ll be glad to provide a link.

Could you imagine the federal government trying to do that in the US?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2020, 4:44 PM

https://youtu.be/ycrqXJYf1SU

Apr 9, 2020, 5:02 PM

I’m about to get a Barbacoa burrito ?? and a classic coke in the fancy glass bottle and watch the whole thing, thx for the link.

Nice spreadsheet. Well done.***

Apr 9, 2020, 5:43 PM [ in reply to I think the opposite ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2020, 2:37 PM

Prayers for your daughter and all those in the middle of this war.
The great news is that the coronavirus tests are grossly inaccurate with up to 80% false positives. These PCR type of tests are notorious for exaggerating the number of infected and skewing cause of death toward covid-19- and they're very useful to those wanting to make a real health situation into a horror movie- like pandemic. It also explains the loads of "Asymptomatic" infected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMg6Ydtel6A

Apr 9, 2020, 4:37 PM

That video is mostly hogwash. They have been using RT-PCR testing and it does have a fairly high false positive. However, researchers have studied the DNA of the virus quite heavily. They have also done antibody blood tests on people with the virus.

It is a virus. The RT-PCR test is used because it is much faster and less expensive than a DNA test of each person.

If you really want to learn about the DNA of the virus, including tracking and mutations check out Trevor Bedford on twitter.

Apr 9, 2020, 5:02 PM

Hargwarsh

Apr 9, 2020, 4:52 PM

We’re doing pretty good here!

Message was edited by: Doc Diesel®

Replies: 12
| visibility 1