Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: NFL.com has Two Tigers as Top 15 juniors
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

FB Update: NFL.com has Two Tigers as Top 15 juniors

Jul 27, 2016, 3:33 PM

NFL.com has Two Tigers as Top 15 juniors

Read Update »

Message was edited by: TigerNet Recruiting®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: NFL.com has Two Tigers as Top 15 juniors

Jul 27, 2016, 3:53 PM

Deep ball accuracy? What are they talking about? He throws a beautifully accurate deep ball. Staring down recievers occasionally, I can buy that. Injury concerns, I can buy that. But deep balls aren't accurate? Who the h@ll they been watching?

I was going to say the same thing. He has far from a perfect

Jul 27, 2016, 3:54 PM

game and of course could improve on some things but deep ball accuracy ain't one of 'em...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2016, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: NFL.com has Two Tigers as Top 15 juniors ]

They have no idea I've heard mutiple ESPN announcers during the game say that his deep ball is one point like they haven't seen in awhile! It's always the college wanna be NFL scouts are the ones who say that most probably never watched a whole game of his! And they said it's worth noting he came off acl injury last year? Still had best season ever for a QB 1st ever in FBS history to have 4000 and 1000 you don't do that throwing little short passes and starring down receivers! I want to see what he will do with full offseason that's a scary story you can tell you kids haha!! Go Tigers!!

Jul 27, 2016, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: NFL.com has Two Tigers as Top 15 juniors ]

Sorry, but his deep ball accuracy is a weakness. I liked Tajh's better. That and short yardage runs are the only areas Tajh was more effective.

Jul 27, 2016, 7:07 PM

His deep back accuracy was among the best in the nation. The one area he needs to improve on deep balls is cut down on the interceptions.
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/clemson-oklahoma-long-balls-deshaun-watson-jordan-thomas/byv1vvkaxmts12vdvz97joe2x

Isn't Mike a senior?

Jul 27, 2016, 4:29 PM

I thought last year was his junior year and he said he wasn't going to redshirt because he was going to the NFL after this season regardless. So pretty sure Mike is a senior....

Re: Isn't Mike a senior?

Jul 27, 2016, 6:34 PM

Technically now a redshirt Junior. Would have been a senior, but since he was injured early last year (as a true Junior) and got a medical redshirt, it now makes this year as a redshirt Junior year (senior in school).

Nope, he decided not to take the redshirt.***

Jul 27, 2016, 6:53 PM

Re: Nope, he decided not to take the redshirt.***

Jul 27, 2016, 7:06 PM

I don't know how it works, but if, for some reason, he has a subpar year this season, could he go back and apply for a medical redshirt to play an extra year or is it too late?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone gets a redshirt/medical redshirt if needed.

Jul 27, 2016, 7:24 PM

He still hasn't used up a redshirt opportunity. If he plays this year, you can't just throw it on him at the end of the year and save his eligibility. The only way he comes back is if he gets hurt again (God forbid) and uses his medical redshirt that he didn't use last year.

Wow I misread your question haha.

Jul 27, 2016, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Nope, he decided not to take the redshirt.*** ]

Yes, its too late since he declined the option to use it.

Re: Nope, he decided not to take the redshirt.***

Jul 28, 2016, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Nope, he decided not to take the redshirt.*** ]

According to the official Clemson roster, he's a Redshirt Junior. It wouldn't make sense for him to decline it.

Jul 27, 2016, 4:35 PM

Deep ball is one of the things that he definitely can do. His accuracy on the long balls is better than his accuracy on short and intermediate throws and his stats back it up. He does stare some guys down too long and sometimes he doesn't square his shoulders or get totally set when making quick throws, which is probably the leading reason why you could see him two-hop a screen pass into the dirt and then hit George Washington square in the face on a dollar bill on the ground 60 yards away on the very next throw.

Jul 27, 2016, 5:18 PM

What were Deshaun's "multiple injury concerns"? And deep ball accuracy? Did he watch DW thread the need to Renfrow in the NCG? I do agree that he has a tendency to stare down his choice target... I think that leads to alof of his interceptions actually. Eli Manning does the same then when checking his progressions.

he broke his collarbone, his finger and tore his ACL

Jul 27, 2016, 5:21 PM

in three separate incidents in his first year

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2016, 10:54 AM

Wow, these guys must think highly of Mike Williams since they're ranking him above Christian McCaffrey!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic