Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Noon games are great
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Noon games are great

Sep 25, 2018, 8:53 AM

I don't understand the obsession in the last few years with playing at night. There have been a lot of great games at noon over the years, both at Clemson and elsewhere. We didn't even have lights at Clemson until after I graduated (1983). Everyone knows who Clemson is, so we don't need the primetime exposure. Personally, I like the noon games better, although I'm going to be there whenever they play. I get there early, tailgate for a couple of hours after the game until the traffic clears and get home (2 hours) at a reasonable time. Worrying about the game time, uniforms, tv network, announcers, etc. is the kind of things I've witnessed coots do in order to distract themselves from what happens on the field. We're Tigers and don't need to worry about that stuff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Noon games are great

Sep 25, 2018, 8:57 AM

I won’t be at the game Saturday but most my family will be. I know they’re happy because it gives them time to get home and watch 4 good night games. 3:30 games are the worst imo because u miss noon and night games. Unless your just a tailgater.

Spruce you bring up a good point about catching other games

Sep 25, 2018, 9:53 AM

as well. Satellite companies make it so easy to catch those other games now from your tailgate site but it's not as ideal in some regards as catching the game in the comfort of the house depending on personal circumstances.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spruce you bring up a good point about catching other games

Sep 25, 2018, 11:10 AM

Exactly. if I tailgated more often I would have to be the guy that sets up TVs but I don’t. As you mentioned I find comfort in my home with four big screen TVs and usually three games that I care about in each time slot. This year is different though now that I don’t care about watching any other ACC teams at all I think I will go to more home games

The main downside is that often recruits can't

Sep 25, 2018, 9:07 AM

get to the noon games for unofficial visits if they're coming from Florida, South GA, etc due to the long drive after having Friday night games.

3:30 and 7:00 games are much easier for them to make.

Noon games suck

Sep 25, 2018, 9:34 AM

whether attending or watching from home. The vib at night games way better than noon games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Noon games suck

Sep 25, 2018, 12:34 PM

Agreed! Nothing like primetime under the lights in Death Valley.

nope

Sep 25, 2018, 9:35 AM

noon games stink and so do night games..

it is known

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

3:30 is best.

Sep 25, 2018, 1:03 PM

Yeah, it takes up the whole day. But this is Clemson Football. Precious and few are the days we get to do this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 25, 2018, 9:35 AM

Noon games work great for some, but I live 4 hours away (many fans live farther than that). It is tough to get up at 3:30-4 to be at a game. Makes for long days, or what I usually do by coming the night before. Hotels in Clemson are at least 2 night minimums, and after tailgating, watching a game in the sun for 4 hours, and then a long drive back home makes attending the games a real labor of love that is brutal on older (I'm 67) fans. I usually stay in Greenville, so only 1 night stay. Just saying, when deciding what time is right, just don't forget those of us who are there every week, donating lots of $ to IPTAY and who are at least as loyal as anybody else. That said, I'm going to be there, no matter what time we play. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I imagine most of the noon lovers

Sep 25, 2018, 9:38 AM

don't tailgate, don't travel more than 90 mins, or simply don't goto home games.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I imagine most of the noon lovers

Sep 25, 2018, 9:42 AM

This!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, noon games suck for tailgaters and travelers***

Sep 25, 2018, 12:57 PM [ in reply to I imagine most of the noon lovers ]

null

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

Re: yes, noon games suck for tailgaters and travelers***

Sep 25, 2018, 8:25 PM

Absolutely! Still, I will be there regardless, but it makes it awfully expensive in time away from home and hotel, meals, etc. The great news is, I am able to do it. I would bet there are some, even Clemson grad's, especially young fans with small kids, who have decisions to make about it, though.

Nooners are great for my family because we can get back and

Sep 25, 2018, 9:42 AM

make it to church pretty easily the next morning even if we spend time shopping in Tigertown which we always enjoy - I am not a big shopper but for Tiger gear I go pretty crazy sometimes. But really I think 3:30 works well too. When it comes down to it, even the 8pm games are ok because I love the evening atmosphere but on the road I prefer playing in the afternoon to the evening games. Easier to navigate and really for a myriad of reasons that are basically common sense.

Night games provide a harder atmosphere to play in.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:46 AM

Noon games are better for families.

Night games get rid of kids to put a more charged (inebriated/strongly buzzed) fan who is willing to stand and yell all game.

It's give and take.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

my family of 5 have been tailgating since 2003

Sep 25, 2018, 9:56 AM

my in laws as well. we hate noon games....

night games also.

I only get 2 season tickets which I use for my olfest son and myself.

the rest of the clan 3-9 people will scalp a ticket for games.. bUT they generally don't go to nooners.

Re: Night games provide a harder atmosphere to play in.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Night games provide a harder atmosphere to play in. ]

These early games in the season , You must have never played or you would know just how hot it is
down on the field at noon . We are blessed to not lose a player in the heat . But whatever is best
for YOU .

Did you mean to reply to me?***

Sep 25, 2018, 10:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I'll take 3:30 anytime !

Sep 25, 2018, 9:56 AM

To me, its the perfect time. At Noon, the Lads are groggy, the crowd is groggy... 3:30 everybody is bright eyed and busy tailed. Night games for me, suck.

I know its just an hour's difference

Sep 25, 2018, 10:29 AM

but those 1 o'clock games back in the day seemed to work ! lol I miss them.

A MODEST LOWCOUNTRY PROPOSAL FOR NOON GAMES!

Sep 25, 2018, 11:40 AM

So, we will be dead solid perfect through our first three home games - all three noon games!

For upstate fans that means you leave for the game at what time? For Charleston and Lowcountry area fans it means leaving NLT 6am. Take I26 to I385, take the 418 Pelzer cut through. Stop at Pelzer KFC & get tailgate “coot” chicken. Pick up additional passengers at I85/Clemson Blvd Cracker Barrel at 9:15. Plenty of time to get to our tailgate spot, eat, have a beer and walk to the Stadium in time for the hill run.

EXCEPT - Get stuck in stopped traffic at the Boscobel golf course. Realize we are not going to make it in time to tailgate - woof down the KFC in the car. Arrive at tailgate spot at 11:40, lock car, get a “walk-in’ beer” and rush to the stadium for the balloon (oops, no more!) release. Wives and girlfriends are not happy over this scenario. Truthfully, neither am I. What should be an enjoyable Clemson football experience turns into a chore.

Ok, I have one possible solution for the noon game debacle for Lowcounty fans - without dramatically impacting upstate fans!

While traveling in Norfolk this year, I took notice of their HOV express lanes - interstate lanes reserved for vehicles with 2 or more occupants.

So, my proposal is that Clemson Blvd (Hwy 76) from the S Mechanic St traffic light (you know, the Burger King & Dairy Queen) will be one way on BOTH sides all the way to Perimeter Rd from 9am to noon. All resident ticket holders east of I-95 will receive a special “Clemson Blvd” hangtag placard that will be good for the reversed side of Clemson Blvd. There! No skin off the upstate folks as they still have the same number of lanes going into Clemson. Lowcounty folk may actually be able to tailgate BEFORE a noon game. Now wouldn’t that be special!

I personally don’t mind getting up
at the crack of dawn to make a noon game but it’s hard on Hospital night shift workers and the younger grandchildren.

Don’t tell me reversing Clemson Blvd is not feasible, we were looking to do all Clemson Blvd. lanes one way on both sides when exiting games, why not incoming?

Somebody help tweak this plan and let’s at least try it!!

Sep 25, 2018, 11:46 AM

I used to long for night games (which were rare during my 90’s college years under TW and TB). Now I’m old and have kids, I like the day games again. I live too far to go up and back in 1 day so we always have to stay the night anyway. Prefer the 330 games, though.

Don't attend Clemson ROAD games then

Sep 25, 2018, 12:53 PM

they are always 3:30 or later.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic