Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Noles down here think they can hang 70 on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 2,904

Noles down here think they can hang 70 on

Sep 16, 2012, 2:26 PM

our Tigers Saturday night. Hope major adjustments are made this week.
Hope to see many of my old pals in Tallahassee.

Go TIGERS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Noles down here think they can hang 70 on

Sep 16, 2012, 2:28 PM

Based on our D so far, they might....but our O may hang 71...

Sep 16, 2012, 2:33 PM

Ummmmmm have you watched their D? FSU has one of the best defenses in the country. If our defense gives up more than 24 I don't see us taking home the W. Don't get me wrong our offense is good (sick good) but their defense is just as dominant.

The one thing they have on us....their offense is a WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN OUR D. Our defense just doesn't have the talent to get it done right now putting all the pressure on the offense.

Sep 16, 2012, 2:41 PM

Their offense doesn't scare me in the least bit. EJ Manuel is like the walking screw up. He is the most overhyped guy because it seems like he is always making stupid decisions, their running game is improved but I think ours is much better.

I know Morris has plenty of tricks up his sleeve to get touches for Andre, Nuk, and Sammy. And if you want to cover those three Tajh has already proved he can find other guys to make plays or even make them with his feet.

I agree that if FSU scores more than 30 they will win because our offense is great but we will be stopped a few times. Their front 7 is dominant and their secondary is the "weak link" even though it's still an above average unit. I'm excited to see what we can do against their heralded defense, I just hope our guys are getting ready too.

Sep 16, 2012, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Noles down here think they can hang 70 on ]

Yeah I watched them dominate a few lousy teams. Big whoop. It amazing how everyone is quick to jump on other teams bandwagons and so quick to jump off ours. Last time I checked we are 3-0 and have played 3 slightly better teams than FSU has. I will hold off judgment until the game is over Sat night. I think we are going to jump right into the BCS talk after we embarass the noles on their home field.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully....

Sep 16, 2012, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Noles down here think they can hang 70 on ]

this year's FSU/Clemson game is last year's

"CLEMSON AT VA TECH" game.

Sep 16, 2012, 2:29 PM

I hope their team thinks that too. a beat down by CU this time would go a long way to taking them off the football map and putting us on it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BV held them to 13 @ Tally last year

Sep 16, 2012, 2:29 PM

I have confidence in him to at least keep them under 28, I think if we put up at 30 least we win.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: BV held them to 13 @ Tally last year

Sep 16, 2012, 2:33 PM

BV also had better talent to work with last year on that side of the ball.

A Lot Better, Unfortunately***

Sep 16, 2012, 2:35 PM

Re: BV held them to 13 @ Tally last year- look at our OK

Sep 16, 2012, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: BV held them to 13 @ Tally last year ]

transfer linbacker JOnes. He has been the talk of camp but cant play till next year. I suspect OK has more D talent than us

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2012, 2:38 PM

We amlost lost to Wofford last year then beat Auburn/FSU/Vatech

They've seen nothing that will compare to our offense

Sep 16, 2012, 2:40 PM

And yeah, their defense is good, blah, blah, blah. We lit that defense up last year.

It won't be a cakewalk, but we're going to win this game, and the end result will be a TD or greater.

Saturday is the coming out party.

I bet their coaches don't believe that.***

Sep 16, 2012, 2:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll just have to hang 71, then,.***

Sep 16, 2012, 2:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon. I haven't heard one Nole remotely say any such thing

Sep 16, 2012, 2:59 PM

I'll be shocked if we get half that many. And if we can get to 35, we'll win. I just can't see the shootout some here are predicting.

Oh, I can ....

Sep 16, 2012, 3:05 PM

Your guys can gash us for some chunk plays. And our offense is better than the one that loaded up on y'all last year.

I can see a 45-42 game with Benton kicking a 64-yard fg as the clock runs out.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can talk bout last year

Sep 16, 2012, 3:09 PM

Niether you nor anyone else will score 45 on this defense. This is the first dynasty level defense we have had since the 14 years. We have held teams under 20 for 11 straight games, and we are much, much better and faster on D than last year.

And we won't score 42 on you. No way.

Hey...there's some TiGER Fans up here who are worried 70 too

Sep 16, 2012, 3:15 PM

But I think the Boyz will try their best to win this week...but FSU just might have a little more talent/speed on D...and their O isn't all that bad either...plus the fans will be a factor too with noise.

But, hear the Team has decided to go down to Hassie anyway and play the game on Game Day...and let the chips fall. Ha!

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As you wish ... I'l take 31-28.

Sep 16, 2012, 3:16 PM [ in reply to You can talk bout last year ]

I'll toss out the who-dat wins by both schools.

Your D line is mighty, and if we aren't prepared for the intense pressure y'all are likely to be bringing, as Wake obviously wasn't, we're dead meat.

But we're not going to leave the 120 or so yards on the ground due to procedure penalties and dropped passes as we did vs. Auburn.

The absolute hammer and anvil question: can y'all get to Boyd before he gets the ball to someone else consistently? Your coaches know if you don't get to Boyd, we'll be exploiting your secondary. Our coaches know you're coming for him.

It's gonna be a whale of a game, but the final score will be higher than y'all figure.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boyd won't get much time

Sep 16, 2012, 3:19 PM

But he is a guy who is capable of executing a scheme where he doesn't need much. YAC will be big for you guys.

Pretty sure we agree on the keys...

Sep 16, 2012, 3:26 PM

...just disagree on the extent of respective success.

This is going to be a lonnng week.

Re: You can talk bout last year

Sep 16, 2012, 3:16 PM [ in reply to You can talk bout last year ]

savannah state i wouldnt call a measuring stick

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can only go so far with that

Sep 16, 2012, 3:22 PM

If you throw WF under the bus, you throw UNC even further under. There are some pretty nice looking stats from those two games in the nature of UNC gave up X yards to Wake, we held them to Y, etc etc.

But we are here now. I'm just thankful there are a couple of real teams in this pansy league for 2012.

Re: You can talk bout last year

Sep 16, 2012, 4:57 PM [ in reply to You can talk bout last year ]

That streak must have started after we hung 35 on your boys. Love how you go back to the game after ours and start with your stats. By the way your defense ain't all that. You have played no one and the media is what makes your D sound so great. Let me know how it works out for you Saturday. I think you will be changing your thinking.

If that happens I want to be buried...

Sep 16, 2012, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Oh, I can .... ]

with my head facing The Blue Ridge mountains. I'll surely die of a heart attack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't either.

Sep 16, 2012, 3:11 PM [ in reply to C'mon. I haven't heard one Nole remotely say any such thing ]

EJ is a turnover machine and FSU won't hold up their end of a shootout.

Where does this come from ?

Sep 16, 2012, 3:14 PM

I read that so much here. The guy just ended, in the first game on a tipped ball, a 128 passes streak without a pic.

Re: Where does this come from ?

Sep 16, 2012, 3:20 PM

erik has never beaten a team that has a winning record

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOOM !!!!*****

Sep 16, 2012, 5:48 PM

Who is Erik ?

Sep 16, 2012, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Where does this come from ? ]

@

Sep 16, 2012, 5:25 PM

I still think 50 is the magic number for us. We must score 50+ to gave a chance to beat FSU, and they might need 30+ to beat us. Just based on the D for each, and the O for each.

Sep 16, 2012, 6:57 PM

This doesn't make any sense...If we score 45 (not enough) and they score 35 (enough), do they win? Come on now...let's think about things before we post them. I mean, I realize this is T-Net, but still haha.

Replies: 32
| visibility 2,904
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic