Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Scrimmage Insider: Defense better, but QBs missing too many zip code throws
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TNET: Scrimmage Insider: Defense better, but QBs missing too many zip code throws

Aug 14, 2018, 1:54 PM

Scrimmage Insider: Defense better, but QBs missing too many zip code throws

Tuesday’s stadium scrimmage was more competitive than the Saturday scrimmage dominated by the offense, but Dabo Swinney was disappointed in his quarterback’s zip code skills.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Scrimmage Insider: Defense better, but QBs missing too many zip code throws

Aug 14, 2018, 1:58 PM

I wonder who did best out of the QBs.

Re: TNET: Scrimmage Insider: Defense better, but QBs missing too many zip code throws

Aug 14, 2018, 2:00 PM

Well that has Kelly Bryant overthrowing balls all over it!

Aug 14, 2018, 3:04 PM

Yeah, there is no way Dabo is going to single out any of the quarterbacks unless it is in a positive way at this point IMHO.

Aug 14, 2018, 6:59 PM

No No No, Dabo ain't going to call out KB. If it would have been TL, he is still young he would have said of TL, but he is doing a good job but he kinda got out of the zip code with a few balls today. He knows that fans expect that about KB, but won't get that coming from him, not even close to it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 10:17 PM

You are F o S

Aug 14, 2018, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Scrimmage Insider: Defense better, but QBs missing too many zip code throws ]

Wasn't it TL that Ross made the one handed catch to rescue an overthrow??

TL will not make every throw perfect. Yes, he has a big league arm, but there is some truth to letting this play out.

Aug 14, 2018, 7:14 PM

1 problem.. If he caught it, Dabo considers that in the zip code. Out of the zip code means back to being 10 ft above the receivers heads, like seen in the spring game.... Where high pointing is still way out of reach.

Re: TNET: Scrimmage Insider: TL will not make every throw

Aug 14, 2018, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Scrimmage Insider: Defense better, but QBs missing too many zip code throws ]

Did you see the throw you're calling 'an overthrow'?

My gosh, that throw was perfect! Where else would you want it?

I agree that TL has to learn more, but many of his miss-throws are because the QB throws to a spot before the WR even makes his break. Learning the range, the rhythm, the WRs' abilities to run more precise routes than high schoolers, all take repetitions. Yes, Kelly had to learn it, too, but after 3+ years, you'd hope he could hit that zip code in his sleep.

I don't see or hear anybody pretending that TL is Superman. But I hear lots of people pretending that a real Tiger fan wouldn't want the best player to start if it hurts a senior's feelings.
What about Heugel? Everybody loved him and missed him greatly until Spence got some great practice leading up to the bowl game. Some of the biggest cheers at spring game were for Heugel. But now Heugel is back and has to fight for his job. Why aren't you whining about us fans assuming that BT Potter is gonna do all the kicking for the next 3 years?

I'm fine with 'letting this play out', because I know who will win. The Tigers, either because TL proves how good he is, or because Kelly finds a way to get better, or Chase pulls the upset.

Are you fine with 'letting this play out'?

Aug 14, 2018, 11:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Scrimmage Insider: Defense better, but QBs missing too many zip code throws ]

Could that not have been intentional bc of the close coverage, and he threw it to where only his intended receiver would only have a Chance!!! He probably isn't that good huh!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Scrimmage Insider: Defense better, but QBs missing too many zip code throws ]

How do you know. He said all

He means Kelly bryant missing throws

Aug 14, 2018, 3:07 PM

Trevor Lawrence doesn't miss those throws. Did anyone watch the spring game?

Nolan Turner ? ? ? Isn't he another of those whacky Dabo

Aug 14, 2018, 3:08 PM

soft-hearted, pansy moves with a scholly that will never amount to anything ? Nepotism at its finest.

Just like those Davis boys.

When are we going to WAKE UP ? ? ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Nolan Turner ? ? ? Isn't he another of those whacky Dabo

Aug 14, 2018, 5:13 PM

"When are we going to WAKE UP ? ? ?"

Probably when we stop playing for titles. Just my guess. ?????

Aug 15, 2018, 6:13 AM

Kindly see Ryan Carter.

Aug 15, 2018, 10:48 PM

and Adam Humphries and Vic Beasley

Aug 14, 2018, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Nolan Turner ? ? ? Isn't he another of those whacky Dabo ]

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Aug 14, 2018, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Nolan Turner ? ? ? Isn't he another of those whacky Dabo ]

Nolan has been getting praise all spring and summer and several around here felt he was a wasted scholarship. He has blossomed here at Clemson.

Aug 14, 2018, 9:24 PM

Just coach speak gonna start KB anyway. Pressure is gonna be on KB about opening up the playbook and being a complete QB. I think he can but has he showed it yet?

Aug 14, 2018, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Nolan Turner ? ? ? Isn't he another of those whacky Dabo ]

I was glad we got him. If you watch his HS film and he was playing big Alabama HS football he was great. Has really good speed too

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 10:04 PM

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3885199/5721cc4e0dcb0d12f86ed3ef

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 11:45 PM

Man....Nolan put the smackdown on some folks in that video !

Aug 16, 2018, 3:02 PM

How many times did he hit someone and separate the ball? I thought he was going to tear someone in half! Did he have other scolly offers? If not, why not?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic