Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nobody has been more crititcal of BB then me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,754

Nobody has been more crititcal of BB then me

Mar 8, 2017, 7:15 PM

and I continue to stand with that.

This guy just can't win close games.... These are not my opinions, these are facts. Facts back that up.... Facts back up that he can't close a game down the stretch.

Everyone on this board knew that if the game got close today we would lose. Anybody denying that is lying... Wow... we beat the 2 worst teams in the league coming into the tournament....WOW....

Anyone ever notice that when we win ( more times then not .... it's by a large margin.... very rarely will you see us win close games...

We have not got any better in the last 7 years....we have taken a step back.

What are the signs that would make you want to say, hey, I like the direction of our basketball program?

Players transfer alllllll the time. Guys IMO are not being developed.

What is the only logical solution? He have to move forward because we aren't getting any better.

A guy once said..... What must be eventually, must be done IMMEDIATELY!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nobody has been more crititcal of BB then me

Mar 8, 2017, 7:25 PM

not a closer

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2017, 7:31 PM

Brad is like 27 percent in games decided by 6 pts or less. OP was around 50 percent. You want at least be around 40 percent to do decently well.

Mar 8, 2017, 7:31 PM

As far as winning games.

read this carefully

Mar 8, 2017, 7:39 PM

Drad is NOT going to dismiss the basketball coach this season. That is a FACT that you need to accept. No way can we fire the coach after spending the money that we have spent to renovate the arena and not give him a chance to use this improvement. If we fire BB now that would send a message to all prospective coaches that we are not a program on the rise. No self respecting coach would accept a job where the previous coach was let go immediately after making all these improvements. It is NOT going to happen. You should be able to understand this

Re: read this carefully

Mar 8, 2017, 7:49 PM

So true! You know what's worse than angry fans? Aparthetic fans! We are not putting a good product on the court. If we get an NIT bid, watch for an half filled Littlejohn. Fans can express their opinions by not buying tickets. The administration has to start caring about basketball.

What message does it send

Mar 8, 2017, 8:00 PM [ in reply to read this carefully ]

when you know you're likely to be worse next year, in year 8, with a coach with just three years left on his deal hindering recruiting? How long are you going with him? How many recruiting classes with the new digs does he get?

There is not one, not one school in the ACC or SEC where Brownell is retained......except Clemson. He now owns the longest streak of consecutive years without an NCAA appearance by a coach since we made our first one under Foster.

All keeping him is doing is reinforcing our image as a school that could care less about basketball

Re: What message does it send

Mar 8, 2017, 10:02 PM

"There is not one, not one school in the ACC or SEC where Brownell is retained......except Clemson"

I tried to do some research to prove this wrong. However, all I could find was this:

Virginia Tech kept Greenberg nine years and he made the tournament just once.

In general you are correct, most other schools would make the change by now.

If Seth would have played anyone OOC

Mar 9, 2017, 5:55 AM

he probably would have made 2-3 more tourneys. And VT was certainly able to upgrade from him barring his botched firing and the Johnson mistake

Re: The AD would b be covered of with resumes.***

Mar 8, 2017, 8:23 PM [ in reply to read this carefully ]

I'm not advocating we fire him

Mar 8, 2017, 8:37 PM [ in reply to read this carefully ]

However, I disagree entirely with this:

"No self respecting coach would accept a job where the previous coach was let go immediately after making all these improvements."

We have been more than fair with brownell and have given him plenty of time. If we let him go no one can argue it'd be impatient and nor should it scare off available coaches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: read this carefully

Mar 8, 2017, 9:36 PM [ in reply to read this carefully ]

So I guess you think Monte Lee is not "self respecting" since we made proportionately similar investments in DKS and didn't give Leggett even one season to see if they helped.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you use to talk about how nice of a guy

Mar 9, 2017, 12:20 AM [ in reply to read this carefully ]

Larry Shyatt was?

Mar 8, 2017, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Nobody has been more crititcal of BB then me ]

Doesn't make sense since one is an alleged X and O genius while the other was supposedly offensively stagnant.

Message removed by Author

Mar 8, 2017, 8:07 PM

Message removed by Author

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I'm helping my 14yo with English composition.

Mar 8, 2017, 8:58 PM

If you can't say something nice to a fellow Tigerneter then don't say anything at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Re: Preach it,***

Mar 8, 2017, 8:18 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,754
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic