Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UCF is a joke
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

UCF is a joke

Dec 17, 2018, 9:50 PM

They cry that no one will schedule them. Florida wants a 2 for 1. UCF says home and home or no deal. Who the heck does UCF think they are? Just keep claiming those false national championships Golden Fakes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: UCF is a joke

Dec 17, 2018, 9:58 PM

The biggest school in Florida????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2018, 6:58 AM

Probably the biggest commuter school in the country.

They should probably be granted the commuter school Football National Championship for last year, and are favored again this year.

University of Phoenix won The internet school Football National Championship, with a last second win over Grand Canyon University.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2018, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Re: UCF is a joke ]

And u5c is the largest school in South Carolina. Still a joke.

Dec 17, 2018, 9:58 PM

The biggest school in Florida????

Dec 18, 2018, 7:18 AM

Yes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 10:00 PM

The only team in college football to go undefeated 2 consecutive years. That in itself is very difficult to do. I agree with UCF’s position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 10:02 PM

I agree.

Dec 18, 2018, 7:11 AM

At least 50% of power 5 schools would have been undefeated with that schedule.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No they wouldn't have.

Dec 18, 2018, 7:50 AM

UCF beat Pitt (6 P5 wins)
UCF beat ECU (1 P5 win)
UCF beat Temple (1 P5 win)
UCF beat Cincy (1 P5 win)
UCF beat USF (2 P5 wins)

The class difference between the AAC and the rest of the P5 isn't as big as some believe.

Re: No they wouldn't have.

Dec 18, 2018, 7:53 AM

I think your data supports my point.

Dec 18, 2018, 9:18 AM

They beat the best team in the SEC last year.

The point was that play on the field determined they were

Dec 18, 2018, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: No they wouldn't have. ]

better, at least through transitive wins (which I understand to be a stretch), than 11 P5 teams. Considering a large chunk of the P5 (SEC, Pac12) won't/don't schedule with the AAC, I'd say that's pretty good.

I think that the elite P5 teams would go undefeated on that schedule, but winning 12 games, against anyone, is #### hard to do.

Dec 18, 2018, 8:58 AM [ in reply to No they wouldn't have. ]

You trying to prove they suck?

FPI predicts that exactly 3 schools go undefeated

Dec 18, 2018, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: UCF is a joke ]

with their schedule. Clemson's isn't much better this year.

Do you?

Dec 17, 2018, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: UCF is a joke ]

How will you feel when we win the National Championship and they claim as well if they beat LSU?

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Do you?

Dec 17, 2018, 10:11 PM

It will be fine because there win streak is coming to an end against LSU. They will not win against a team that actually shows up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you?

Dec 17, 2018, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Do you? ]

Alabama has claimed a few NC’s before the NC’s were decided by polls. So why can’t UCF claim their 2nd undefeated season N.C.

It’s difficult to go undefeated especially if you lose your starting QB.

I support the UCF Knights even though I bleed orange.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're undefeated and didn't get invited to the party

Dec 17, 2018, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Do you? ]

Let em say whatever they want, they've earned the right to chirp (in my estimation).

But, as I've said before 1 of 2 things is true:

1) They have a legit gripe and in that case why would it bother you or me that they complain?

- or -

2) They're an afterthought and aren't worthy of worrying about what they're chirping about, in which case why would we care enough for it to bother us?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it goes in the record books like last years

Dec 17, 2018, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Do you? ]

I'll respect them being seen as a champion by the NCAA. It won't affect my feelings about Clemson being the CFP National Champion again either.Odd it upsets people.

The problem is if Clemson and UCF win out, some obscure computer ranking

Dec 17, 2018, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Do you? ]

will not have UCF finishing #1. So, no ability to claim one.

I'm fine with their claim. They beat the team Bama lost to. That's good enough for me.

I will be ok with it***

Dec 18, 2018, 7:24 AM [ in reply to Do you? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

1-11 2 years ago

Dec 17, 2018, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: UCF is a joke ]

The 2 for 1 included one game in Gainesville, one in Orlando and 1 neutral site game.

They need to step up and play or shut up.

They are not a program yet. Have you looked at the records of teams in their conference?

From what I've read

Dec 17, 2018, 11:01 PM

The 2 for 1 offered by UF (or discussed by UF) was 2 UF home games and 1 UCF home game.

UCF rebuffed that with the suggestion of a single neutral site game.

That's all I've heard in the discussion and this article seems to back my recollection ( https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/14/18141586/ucf-florida-schedule-series ).

I've said before I'd like UCF to get a chance, and while I understand their reluctance to take the 2 for 1, it'd probably be better for their program to swallow their pride, accept it, and go out there and try to prove they belong.

But it is also important to note they (just like us) have a budget they have to fill, and giving up an extra home game is lost revenue they perhaps need.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take that 2 for 1 and if UCF wins the series

Dec 18, 2018, 1:44 AM

then Florida should get an option to tie the series on UCF's home field.

This is not an effort to defend them . . .

Dec 17, 2018, 10:08 PM

But the deal was not a 2 for 1 Series.

The original offer by the Gators was 2 games in "The Swamp" for 1 game at a neutral site in Orlando, where the two schools split the tickets and the gate. It was Not for a home game at UCF's Stadium.

Does this change your perspective of their decision to decline the offer?

It did mine . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classic SEC.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:14 PM

It just means more.
And they’re skeert.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I didn’t know that.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:15 PM [ in reply to This is not an effort to defend them . . . ]

Yes that changes my mind.

Easy solution...

Dec 18, 2018, 12:19 AM [ in reply to This is not an effort to defend them . . . ]

Play one game at Florida, one game at UCF and one game at a neutral site like Jacksonville. Problem solved.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:19 PM

Would have love to seen UCF vs Georgia, that game ratings would probably draw with the Natty.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:22 PM

UCF is a joke. They’ve recruited two 4-star players the last 4 years. They’ve averaged the 72nd best recruiting class in the nation over that period. A national champion has never been outside the top-15 in recruiting and rarely outside of the top-5.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:41 PM

Undefeated two years running. Beat Pitt by identical score we did this year,Baylor and Auburn. They may not deserve to call themselves National Champs, but they aren’t a joke and they do deserve a chance. I think the LSU game is yet another chance. Sadly it won’t be the same having lost the starting qb.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 10:41 PM

Correction: near identical not identical

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: UCF is a joke ]

Only power 5 teams they’ve played the past 2 regular seasons have been Maryland and Pitt. Not exactly powerhouses. Auburn didn’t want to be in that bowl last year. They are a good team but not on the same level as Clemson/Bama like everyone thinks.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: UCF is a joke ]

Only power 5 teams they’ve played the past 2 regular seasons have been Maryland and Pitt. Not exactly powerhouses. Auburn didn’t want to be in that bowl last year. They are a good team but not on the same level as Clemson/Bama like everyone thinks.

Its wonderful

Dec 17, 2018, 10:54 PM

That we have a system where there's no way to determine the truth of your last sentence. I mean if we had a system which invited them to the party to see if they belonged and we settled it on the field then we wouldn't have this great topic to debate.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: UCF is a joke ]

I hope they crush LSU. I don't mind them claiming to be a national champion. I want the playoffa expanded to eight or more sooner than later so I see them winning out as helping advance my agenda.

Geaux Nights!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2018, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: UCF is a joke ]

"Auburn didnt want to be there"

That is such a dumb cop out, and its entirely your opinion. Its AUBURN. They beat Alabama. Enough said. UCF beat the best team in the SEC.

Dec 18, 2018, 6:40 AM [ in reply to Re: UCF is a joke ]

Ill bet the 1981 Tigers were outside the Top 15 in recruiting as were the 1984 BYU Cougars.

Dec 18, 2018, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: UCF is a joke ]

I don't agree with UCF claiming a championship last year but I also don't agree with you saying they are a joke for only have two 4-star players in 4 years.

UCF had 4 players drafted in the NFL draft last year, including Shaquem Griffin in the 5th round who has been starting for the Seahawks since week 1.

Other schools that had 4 players drafted: Auburn, Louisville, Miss State, ND, Oklahoma, Ok St, Ole Miss, Stanford, Texas, USC.

Actually, UCF had more selections in last years draft than Clemson....

don't tell Walt Deptula, he says they are the greatest team

Dec 17, 2018, 10:45 PM

In modern football history.

Re: don't tell Walt Deptula, he says they are the greatest team

Dec 17, 2018, 10:49 PM

That’s overboard. But no I won’t tell him.

Dec 17, 2018, 11:03 PM

How crazy of UCF to try to draw Florida into playing a game at UCF.

But seriously, I think it makes Florida look scared to play them. Haha. Florida gains nothing by playing there. But UCF IS the best cfb team in Florida right now.

Message was edited by: SageMoody®

Put UCF in the weakest P5 conf and there is

Dec 17, 2018, 11:48 PM

Zero chance they would have been undefeated past 2 years.

I’d bet a year’s salary on it.

Re: Put UCF in the weakest P5 conf and there is

Dec 18, 2018, 7:01 AM

Weird bet. But ok, I'll take it. Don't know how to prove it, but I'm sure you have that figured out.

Zero chance they ever lose a single game in a P5 conference

Dec 18, 2018, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Put UCF in the weakest P5 conf and there is ]

I can make unsubstantiated claims, too! This is fun!

Dec 18, 2018, 2:14 AM

I’d have to agree with you bowlhunter. I should also say that I do think they have a very good team. With all of the talk of them saying that no one will schedule them you’d think that they would jump at any chance that comes their way to play big name teams. You’d think that they would say, “We don’t care where it’s played! Just give us a chance to prove it!” What do they do? They turn down that chance.

Who the heck does Florida think they are? -"wants a 2 for 1"***

Dec 18, 2018, 2:20 AM

Dec 18, 2018, 2:57 AM

Full disclosure, I took some graduate classes at UCF. That said, I disagree with you calling UCF a joke. They turned down a deal that was massively unfair. Clemson would have done the same. Who does UF think THEY are?

As far as claiming titles, Bama claims multiple titles more dubious than UCF's. Heck, you can make an argument that UCF earned their way into the playoff last year more than Alabama. The NCAA recognizes their claim, for goodness's sake.

Dec 18, 2018, 6:45 AM

If they hang on to their current head coach in 5 years their program will be better than FSU and Miami and on par with Florida. That large of a student body can help generate fees and donations to overcome the disadvantage of Group of 5 funding.

Dec 18, 2018, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: UCF is a joke ]

apples to oranges

Bobby bowden said he would play anyone anywhere anytime to prove that FSU was worthy of joining a conference and that is exactly what they did. UCF is the little punk who has a big mouth but is afraid to prove it on the field. UCF is NOT an equal to anyone but maybe the bottom feeders of the P5 conferences.

Bama's 'claimed' titles are 'legit' because there wasn't a system in place to actually prove a champion. Any championships pre-BCS can all be 'claimed'. UCF did NOT earn a right to call themselves champions last year because they were not in the playoff system that establishes a champion. UCF wouldn't have been close to undefeated last year playing Clemson's schedule. Maybe this year since the ACC had a down year, but I think they would lose to NCST, aTm and Syracuse

Sure they could lose to any one of those teams, but they

Dec 18, 2018, 8:47 AM

are better then all of them and would be favored in all of those games. UCF most likely would've won the ACC this year. Would they have done it at 13-0? Probably not, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Dec 18, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: UCF is a joke ]

Actually, both the AP and Coaches polls were around when Bama was claiming fake titles. In fact, every fake Bama title is listed during the years the 2 major polls were around. Some of the fake Bama titles include years in the 1970's.

Who does Florida think they are?***

Dec 18, 2018, 7:25 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Who does Florida think they are?***

Dec 18, 2018, 7:41 AM

UCF should take the deal. UCF needs Florida way more than Florida needs UCF. I thought it was a nice gesture by UF to even offer anything to UCF. If I'm UF now I say "No way; you had your chance we'll schedule someone else (like USF). UCF is a giant commuter school and has the largest enrollment in Florida and possible in the country. Bigger isn't always better as they say.

Dec 18, 2018, 7:31 AM

The only group that can remedy their situation are the people at UCF. Remember the consummate river-boat gambler Bobby Bowden? When he was building Fla St. into a program to be recognized, he would go anywhere and play anybody. The bottom line is if UCF wants to run with the big dogs they have to stop whining like suck egg dogs and get off the porch and join the pack. JMO

I would be all for the ACC

Dec 18, 2018, 8:19 AM

Dropping one of our crap programs (WF maybe?) and picking up UCF.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: UCF is a joke ]

Kind of a dumb argument. UCF tries to schedule harder OOC games. They are limited by their conference.

Furthermore, the UF 2 for 1 deal was backwards. UF wanted to play UCF in 2 home games in Gainesville, and then 1 game at a neutral site. UF is scared to play UCF in Orlando.

Can we get a reporter to confirm whether or not

Dec 18, 2018, 8:26 AM

LSU wants to be there BEFORE THE KICKOFF ?

Thanks in advance.

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic