Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson TE suspended indefinitely
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson TE suspended indefinitely

Nov 22, 2014, 8:12 PM

Clemson TE suspended indefinitely

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson TE suspended indefinitely

Nov 22, 2014, 8:15 PM

I'm sure he didn't do anything worse than whats going on down at our inter divisional rivalry CrimiNOLES. Let him play!

No sir!

Nov 22, 2014, 8:19 PM

We are Clemson! We are better than that!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Thank you.***

Nov 22, 2014, 8:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No sir!

Nov 22, 2014, 9:24 PM [ in reply to No sir! ]

I get it..and not sure what he did...but at some point we are going to have to decide whether we are playing sunday school or big time college football.

Nov 22, 2014, 9:43 PM

If you're not sure what he did then it doesn't make sense to say "at some point we are going to have to decide whether we are playing sunday school or big time college football" as the question assumes an overreaction by the coaches. But, to follow your line of thought, "big time college football" doesn't have to equal coaches tolerating players that demonstrate bad character, illegal conduct, poor academics or "me-first" behavior. I hope the young fella gets it (whatever it is) together. In the meantime I'm comfortable with letting the coaching staff hand out the discipline and me shouting "Go Tigers!"

Nov 22, 2014, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: No sir! ]

Youre no Tiger

Nov 23, 2014, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: No sir! ]

> I get it..and not sure what he did...but at some
> point we are going to have to decide whether we are
> playing sunday school or big time college football.

He breaks a rule he sits. Period. You become coach, you make the rules. Don't hold your breath though. You guys are so childish about this stuff it's rediculous. SMH. You wanna cry about another team not punishing their players and then whine when our team does. Seriously ?!?!

We've also gone 1-9 vs the two teams on are schedule

Nov 22, 2014, 9:44 PM [ in reply to No sir! ]

that do, so there is that as well

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 12:30 PM [ in reply to No sir! ]

Yes but Swinney has a habit of dismissing players without any explanation of what they actually did. My thoughts are that instead of handling and teaching players to grow up be too often takes the road of cutting ties too quickly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not true.

Nov 23, 2014, 1:35 PM

CDS has a track record of punishing players and trying to get them to grow and become better citizens (Bellamy, Bryant, Watkins, Kelly, etc., etc., etc). Sometimes they work out and change things around, sometimes they don't. It is not because CDS is quick to dismiss.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too Much Talk.

Nov 23, 2014, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: No sir! ]

All of your comments are based on conjectures--You don't know anything about what has happened, so why speculate that the coach has been too quick or too hard--Deal with ONLY what you know PLEASE.

Dec 12, 2014, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: No sir! ]

Nobody on the coaching staff owes you an explanation. These young men are the coaches responsibility. The day Dabo decides he has to explain himself or his decisions about whether or not to dismiss a player to you, I'll be looking for another team to support. And by the way, you ought to check out Sunday School. You might find something worthwhile.

DABO DON'T PLAY. PERIOD.***

Dec 12, 2014, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: No sir! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DABO DON'T PLAY. PERIOD.***

Dec 12, 2014, 8:00 PM

If you haven't already I urge you to watch the special about Dabo Swinney's life and its ups and downs. Pay particular attention to his HS and college age years. Every doubt about what type of fortitude and character our head football coach possesses should erode into respect. Living in a car with your parent and then moving his mom into his tiny college apartment to provide a liveable situation all while balancing studies and athletics ?
No , Dabo has exactly what it takes to know how a young man should conduct himself and what to do with him when he falls short.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

no - and here's why

Dec 12, 2014, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson TE suspended indefinitely ]

https://twitter.com/ClemsonFB/status/543235492628549633

Clemson Football
?@ClemsonFB
The great Jack Nicklaus approached Coach Swinney: "I really admire the way you run your program." #18Major compliment #ClemsonFamily

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson TE suspended indefinitely

Nov 23, 2014, 1:26 PM

It's big time football Dabo. Unless its a drug thing or a crime,quit being a preacher and be a football coach.

Coach wants his whistle back.

Nov 23, 2014, 1:40 PM

If you will quit acting like a coach, anything is possible.

I doubt you understand the complexity of this issue

Dec 12, 2014, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson TE suspended indefinitely ]

First, I congratulate Dabo and his staff for giving me a team that has respect for itself and the university. Above all, they represent Clemson and in a very very small way, me as an alumnus.

Ponder this: When Dabo goes into a recruit's home and tells Mama that he's going to make them study. Make them accountable for their actions. Make them men ready to enter the world upon graduating. Do you think that pitch would sell if he let players break the rules? Or another way of thinking about it, he's a man of his word. Entrusting your 18 year old son to a program has to be scary but you know Mama likes a man who is good, strong, and honest.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic