Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
D Rads email to me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,935

D Rads email to me

May 1, 2014, 11:06 AM

see below the email I received from the AD. Munson is going to be part of our "brand". LOL

And come on offering Pete the basketball job was just cover. I mean who gets demoted at a job(losing football is a demotion)and sticks around. Not many people.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the play-by-play position at Clemson University, Pete Yanity and Don Munson.

I think it is important to clarify some of comments/questions in your communication. This is a move that we have been evaluating over the past eight to ten months, and that we have given a significant amount of thought and consideration. Having an experienced broadcaster like Don on staff, it’s great to be able to use his talents throughout the entire year. This move assists us on continuing to brand Clemson Athletics, not just with a logo or mark, but with a voice.
In addition, to serving his role in football and baseball broadcasts, Don will serve as a producer of content for clemsontigers.com and Orange...The Experience, as well as provide talent for the Clemson branded ESPN3 and TigerCast broadcasts. Consistency in these specific mediums is important to the Clemson brand. Also please understand that Don did not lobby for this position. I looked at our department resources and made this decision based on utilizing our employee talents to the fullest. Once again, it makes sense when you have someone of his talent on your staff.

In regard to Pete, it is critical to know that Pete always represented Clemson Athletics in a first-class and professional manner and never strayed from his quest to be the best broadcaster out there. In our recent conversations, we asked Pete to continue on as the play-by-play and TV talent for men’s basketball, as well as asked him to continue a roll in the football broadcasts. With the basketball program playing in Greenville for the 2015-16 season, this opportunity made sense. We wanted Pete to stay on board, but understand his decision not to do so.
I truly appreciate your support of Clemson Athletics and IPTAY.

Dan Radakovich
Director of Athletics
Clemson University

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This should kill the fire Jack talks.

May 1, 2014, 11:10 AM

Better the devil you know than the one this moron would hire.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: D Rads email to me

May 1, 2014, 11:14 AM

And i love the part where he says Munson did not lobby for the job. Please do not insult my intelligence. May be he means he did not personally lobby for the job but that does not mean others did not on his behalf.

I see DRad has been reading the Tigerboreds

May 1, 2014, 11:15 AM

"as well as asked him to continue a roll in the football broadcasts"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: maybe he doesnt like bread

May 1, 2014, 1:49 PM

who knows

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a "roll" in the football broadcasts? form email fail***

May 1, 2014, 11:16 AM

Re: a "roll" in the football broadcasts? form email fail***

May 1, 2014, 11:21 AM

Sounds as if D Rad is just continuing the roll he chose not to finish at GT. When you see that you have screwed it up in one place, just move over to another place and start over. Clemson happens to be the place he moved over to. God please help us!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2014, 11:24 AM

D Rad made Pete his first fire for a reason. More to come, stay by your computers.

No problem with the decision or DRad's response

May 1, 2014, 11:25 AM

it appears from all that it was done professionally with no ill will on either side (other than Korncoot being butthurt). This will be a full time gig for DM...it wasn't for PY. DM is already a full time employee and available to the athletic department 24/7. Pete has a lot going on:

http://www.wspa.com/story/20971306/profile-for-pete-yanity

For all we know PY saw this as a chance to lessen his workload and spend more time with family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't ruin our fun.***

May 1, 2014, 11:29 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't be interjecting common sense and logic....

May 1, 2014, 11:40 AM [ in reply to No problem with the decision or DRad's response ]

into a perfectly good conspiracy theory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: No problem with the decision or DRad's response

May 1, 2014, 11:56 AM [ in reply to No problem with the decision or DRad's response ]

What? Did you read Pete's statement? Pete says specifically is was a decision by the AD!!

People can believe what they want to; I choose to

May 1, 2014, 11:26 AM

believe there was some kind of conspiracy no matter what.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: People can believe what they want to; I choose to

May 1, 2014, 12:53 PM

WHO CARES A RATS A.. WHAT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE THINKS.THE FACT IS CLEMSON MADE A DECISION, AND THEY DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER TO YOU,ME, OR ANYONE.

BEFORE PY CAME TO CLEMSON HE ALWAYS SEEMED TO LEAN TO THE COOTS.IF ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT CLEMSON OCCURED,HE SEEMED TO ALWAYS BE THE ONE TO BREAK THE NEWS.MAYBE THAT IS WHY KORNCOOT THINKS SO MUCH OF PY.I HAVE NOTHING PERSONALLY AGANIST PY, BUT I THINK ABOUT ORANGE IN THE END ZONE ABOUT LIKE I DO THE WOOHOO.

Whoa

May 1, 2014, 2:38 PM

photo LOL-UMAD-BRO1gqf_zps707dba6b.jpg

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Why are you yelling at me??

May 1, 2014, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: People can believe what they want to; I choose to ]

I has the scared

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

I think D-Rad made a good decision. Munson is the better

May 1, 2014, 11:33 AM

voice for play-by-play, and I like the idea of looking out for Clemson's brand.

May 1, 2014, 2:13 PM

Very politically correct response

Pete was doing a great job

May 1, 2014, 2:33 PM

I disagree with the decision-In 2012, Pete was honored by the South Carolina Broadcasters Association as a Master Broadcaster, a lifetime achievement award presented by the organization.The Associated Press awarded him 1st place in the Television/Best Sportscast category in 2013.

He was also named The South Carolina Sportscaster of the Year in 2004 by The National Association of Sportswriters and Sportscasters and was honored in 1998 with the James "Slick" Moore Award for Community Athletic Involvement.

May 1, 2014, 2:47 PM

In all honesty, I never understood the hiring of PY and I never really cared for his play by play. I always thought he was meant to hold down the fort while seeking a replacement for Jim Phillips. To me, PY seemed a bit vanilla and when paired with Bowden for the coaches show...well, I found it painful to watch. I like the idea of someone who is around the program on a daily basis holding this position. That will allow him to have a more personal relationship with the team and coaches, which will be reflected in his broadcasts. Munson also has a nice "radio voice" which I also think PY was lacking. I'm OK with the change, but we all know Phillips' shoes will never be filled.

So wait...

May 1, 2014, 2:59 PM

In so many words, D-Rad just explained that he hired Munson and fired Yanity because Munson was on staff...and had nothing to do. Exactly what the prevailing theory on here has been for the past two days.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's he going to "roll"

May 1, 2014, 6:30 PM

???

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,935
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic