Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just hope we get back our normal offensive playcalling.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 884

I just hope we get back our normal offensive playcalling.

Sep 16, 2016, 8:31 AM

This crap we've been trying the past two games of DW sitting in the pocket and waiting for receivers to get open is not good. WE need our screens, slants, and option read offense back. Just look at any time we've ran our two-minute offense. Its worked great! That WAS our offense last year. Quick, tempo, and high percentage. Now its like we're taking 5 step drops and no one gets open and we get QB hurries or he throws into coverage. Screw that crap. Get back to the old playbook dadgummit!!

GO TIGERS!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, our issue is really simple and it's not playcalling.

Sep 16, 2016, 8:34 AM

The OL has been flat out bad. We can't run the ball and that's putting us in a lot of bad passing downs.

Re: No, our issue is really simple and it's not playcalling.

Sep 16, 2016, 8:49 AM

Good point on the OL, but it's hard to block for the run when the defense is selling out on the run. If Clemson receivers can hold onto the ball, that game turns into a blowout by the 4th quarter.

I think Clemson coaches thought they could beat Troy with a vanilla offense. The only problem is Troy banked on them doing just that and played to stop the run. Also IMO they have some good players on their team too. Maybe the leftovers from Alabama and Auburn, but good players non-the-less. You could tell our receivers were struggling to get open by watching Watson's hesitation to throw the ball. I think Troy may have spent the entire month of August prepping for Clemson. They sure did have our number.

I may be wrong, but I also think as the season progresses, we may find out that Troy is a lot better than anybody gave them credit for.

I don't think either defense has really had to "sell out"

Sep 16, 2016, 8:54 AM

to stop the run against us though. Coverage down field in both games has been good on our WRs. Well that and Watson has been getting pressured a lot more than he did last season which is throwing off timing and forcing him to get rid of the ball early.

I think we continue to perfect the downfield passing game

Sep 16, 2016, 9:01 AM

timing.

Once we start hitting some big downfield throws consistently, it will pull the safeties out and open up our offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As opposed to the offensive offensive play calling. I agree.

Sep 16, 2016, 9:53 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 884
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic