Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No matter how many we win in the future...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,876

No matter how many we win in the future...

Jun 11, 2019, 1:20 PM

The 2016 title will be my favorite. Still get chills and scream when I watch the Watson to Renfrow play. Only game I wasnt playing that I ever shed a tear over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YeP..and my eyes bugged out when I saw DW4 roll out right..

Jun 11, 2019, 1:52 PM

and instantly saw HR13 take off like a jet into a vacant area of the end-zone & ball was whizzing towards him..

and I knew that boy never drops a ball near him..

so we had 6 pts AND the Natty!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No matter how many we win in the future...

Jun 11, 2019, 1:59 PM

As soon as DW4 rolled right and I saw HR13 hitting an opening I immediately started losing my mind pointing and screaming he's open... I think my TV is still deaf.

Indeed, what a moment

Jun 11, 2019, 2:11 PM

So, I was fairly recently remarried at the time, and for the first time I had kids to share the experience with. They weren't raised around sports, so it was all new to them.

I had such an amazing time that year sharing the success of the Tigers, but I think I scared them as I saw Watson roll right. At that moment I knew one of two things was going to happen. Either Watson was going to stroll in, or he was going to hit Hunter. It was just destined, and so I just, well, collapsed. Fell down to my knees hardly believing the experience. What a moment.

It's hard to explain to my kids just how different these past few years have been as compared to the previous 2 decades. If one doesn't watch a game with me, they'll ask if we won, and one of the other kid's will answer "Of course they won, Clemson always wins."

And I just smile...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Indeed, what a moment

Jun 11, 2019, 2:19 PM

Now when people can't grasp why top recruits are lining up to Clemson remind them of that story, for the past 5 years (since these recruits were 12-13 years old they seen nothing but sheer dominance from Clemson. None of those kids probably can remember the last time Clemson didn't have a 10 win season and have seen OU fall twice in dominant fashion, OSU be wiped from the playoffs embarassingly, ND fall twice, LSU in an all time classic, Auburn fall 4 times in a row to Clemson and lastly Clemson to be the only team that is able to find the blemish in the Alabama armor.

Jun 11, 2019, 2:29 PM

I guarantee it if the O-line plays like they are worth a dime.

Jun 11, 2019, 6:55 PM

THIS ***

Jun 11, 2019, 2:31 PM

Sorry, wrong thread. Don't know how this happened.

Jun 11, 2019, 6:56 PM

Sorry, wrong THIS. Don't know how this happened. ; )

Jun 11, 2019, 2:41 PM

One of the most enjoyable parts was driving back from Tampa up 75. Listening to the ESPN college station the whole trip, on very little sleep, and smiling at every tiger flag on the road.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at all three of the National Championship wins...

Jun 11, 2019, 3:40 PM

and I cried like a baby at all of them.

Probably will at the next one too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I was at all 4 of the National Championship games and the

Jun 11, 2019, 3:48 PM

only one I DIDN'T cry at was Jan 1st, 1982. At 14, I was too young to realize how STUNNINGLY unbelievable that moment was.

I nearly sobbed in Tampa. Was such an amazing week in my "home" town.

I shed a tear or 2 in Phoenix.

I cried in Cali about halfway through the 4th quarter & couldn't stop laughing at the end.

Unforgettable experiences with the amazing Clemson Family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I didn't cry at the title game in Phoenix...

Jun 11, 2019, 4:41 PM

I was mostly pi$$ed-off because I though it was a game Clemson could have and probably should have won.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yes, will probably be the greatest game in Clemson

Jun 11, 2019, 4:34 PM

history, forever.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,876
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic