Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An admission
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

An admission

Jan 10, 2020, 11:30 AM

I did once attend a college football game involving LSU and pull for the yellow Tigers.

It was the 1987 Gator Bowl vs SCAR (my sophomore year at CU), and a buddy had two free tickets and a place to stay, so I went. As I recall, LSU was up 14-0 less than 5 minutes in, and never looked back.

We were touring the USS Saratoga the next day when we learned the final score of our Citrus Bowl win over Penn State. I still remember one thing we were told on our tour: if the catapult that launches planes from the deck were to throw a Cadillac Seville, that less than aerodynamic object would travel a mile laterally before it touched the water. Now you know.

And no, we did not wear "CU for LSU" shirts!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An admission

Jan 10, 2020, 11:37 AM

My 3 year old daughter, who is very interested in mascots, embraced calling LSU the yellow Tigers earlier this season.

I've never been opposed to LSU, so I let her know that it's ok to pull for them sometimes because tigers are one of our favorite animals.

I've tried to pull her back a little and let her know that we can't pull for the yellow Tigers right now because they play "our Tigers" in the next game.

Her response to me is always word for word, "but Daddy, we ALWAYS pull for the yellow Tigers against the stinky chickens".

I'm so proud of my 3 year old!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2020, 11:40 AM

So, having experienced some ofthe LSU fanbase on our board the last couple of weeks do you regret having cheered for them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but only because SCAR was the opponent

Jan 10, 2020, 11:40 AM

LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, but only because SCAR was the opponent

Jan 10, 2020, 11:42 AM

LOL can't argue with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2020, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: An admission ]

it's my belief that mostly the dregs of society are the ones posting to message boards and so forth prior to a game.

:/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic