Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alumni nonsense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,258

Alumni nonsense

Nov 20, 2014, 1:12 PM

Those of you who are alumni and are belittling Tiger fans who are not should be ashamed. Does it make you feel like a bigger person? Not clear on why you would not welcome anyone into the fold that shares the same passion that you do. Should I tell my 14 year old child, who is a massive fan, that she is not allowed to pull for the Tigers, wear Clemson gear, etc. because she did not attend school at Clemson? Have some class and certainly there is something you can do to boost your low self esteem other than give someone else a hard time. If you don't feel embarrassed, you should.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She's 14....you've got a few years before you have that

Nov 20, 2014, 1:16 PM

conversation. This is a message bored so take everything with a grade of slaw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: She's 14....you've got a few years before you have that

Nov 20, 2014, 1:25 PM

I hear you. My point is there are plenty of folks who are fans that are too young to attend college, didn't have the money to attend school, didn't have the grades, etc. This doesn't make them any less fans. I knew plenty of folks at Clemson who couldn't have cared less about football, or any other sport. I simply get sick of folks who needlessly hassle others. These are the same folks who trash talk the team when things are less than stellar.

Don't be so hurt

Nov 20, 2014, 1:23 PM

There is a difference between being a fan and being an alumni.

Clemson Monday through Friday is different that Clemson on Game Day.

The inside of Sikes is different than Little John.

These guys are pizzed off about losing to GT.

Nov 20, 2014, 1:32 PM

You can tell her she's not alone if she didn't like the outcome of that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To answer your question...

Nov 20, 2014, 2:39 PM

Yes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

No bs the only people I know who act like this are those

Nov 20, 2014, 3:17 PM

that went to clemson for like a year or 2 and failed out or never graduated for whatever reason. 4 people right off the top of my head that ive seen/heard act like that and not a d@mn one graduated from clemson. I guess some people with no meaning or accomplishments have to find self worth in something. Typically you can just ignore them and let them look stupid on their own.

Re: No bs the only people I know who act like this are those E

Nov 20, 2014, 4:41 PM

Ben Tillman is rolling in his grave. He helped found CU to be a college for the whole state(except African Americans and Women). A significant part of that vision was that it would not become an elitist institution like USC. It was to be a rallying point and point of pride for all the common people, farmers, blue collar, middle class of the state. It was to be a place to better the lot of the poor and everyday citizen of the state.

Nov 20, 2014, 4:46 PM

"elitist institution"... Yea, elite like this Southern New Hampshire University that I see infomercials for as I'm about to pass out. Jadaveuhh Clowney can't even speak and he's the most famous "alumni" you guys have ever had.

"Elite"... yea, that's rich.

Nov 20, 2014, 4:49 PM

> "elitist institution"... Yea, elite like this
> Southern New Hampshire University that I see
> infomercials for as I'm about to pass out. Jadaveuhh
> Clowney can't even speak and he's the most famous
> "alumni" you guys have ever had.
>
> "Elite"... yea, that's rich.
Learn your history. When Tillman founded CU, USC WAS for the wealthy and elite in the state.

Re: Alumni nonsense

Nov 20, 2014, 5:07 PM

Alumni: Nice post makes me feel some better. I really thought that Clemson fans were above the statements that I saw spewed out today about non-alumni. Candidly, I had a grandson graduate recently and was preparing to make a gift in his honor but now I am having second thoughts since it must be that it would not be considered a "real" gift because I am not an alumnus. So I guess i'll posdtpone it and continue to go to the football/basketball/baseball games as I'm a little old to go 4 years there for another degree. Liked your post. And yes, I've been vocal about the football this year but only because I give a darn what happens for the Tigers

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,258
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic