Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No Quick Answer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,400

No Quick Answer

Sep 29, 2014, 3:34 PM

I will not call out players by name unless its a compliment. I will just say that our current group of RB's are struggling at best. Many of them seem to go down on first contact and often tripped up by ankle tackles. The decision in the backfield is just way too slow. Great backs have a knack, a certain something that allows them to hit a hole with a purpose and then the vision to get that extra yardage. We seems to run with a choppy motion without getting our knees up. I like our backs but I don't think the answer is currently on the roster. I think our answer plays on Friday nights right now. My two cents...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Quick Answer

Sep 29, 2014, 3:35 PM

I think Choice is a lot better than you might think, and that Dye is a premier back.

With that said, I pray that we land Feaster and McCloud.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 29, 2014, 3:40 PM

I do agree that Choice has some really good potential indeed. I hate to say it but I am certain we will ever see Dye play a down. I hope that's not the case but it really doesn't look good at this point.

Sep 29, 2014, 3:41 PM

Running back is a position of rhythm just like QB. You can't just switch kids in and out and not let them adjust to the rhythm of the game. Just like I told a friend of mine. They have to get a feel of the game and how the line is blocking. If you know a guy isn't blocking well you can break off to the other side or if he is dominating you can ride him through the hold. But changing running backs every other play and hoping for a better result is crazy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can have a guy and a chance of pace guy, but

Sep 29, 2014, 3:50 PM

the current stable system isn't ideal. I also don't like how at least two of the guys run. Seem to be standing straight up, then get touched and cut flips though the air.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The coaches see them run everyday they practice and are

Sep 29, 2014, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: No Quick Answer ]

waiting for one or two to show they are the answer. Hasn't happened so naturally they are going to switch backs every series or two until someone proves themself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BJ Emmons

Sep 29, 2014, 3:45 PM

is part of the answer. We are making a huge mistake if we don't take this stud. You can't have too many solid backs;and now we are seriously lacking in this area.

It's unfortunate that things worked out the way they did

Sep 29, 2014, 3:53 PM

with Mike Bellamy and Marlin Lane.

Also, missing out on Elijah Hood and Dalvin Cook hurt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

yeah but

Sep 29, 2014, 3:55 PM

SWAG DONE THREW FOR 6,000 YARDS IN JUAN GAME!!!

Oh, my bad. Is this not the place to discuss this?

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

It's never the wrong place

Sep 29, 2014, 4:02 PM

to discuss the Swag

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: It's unfortunate that things worked out the way they did

Sep 29, 2014, 3:58 PM [ in reply to It's unfortunate that things worked out the way they did ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTijddepiXM

i was thrilled he didn't fumble.

;)

i miss mb, but i miss unhappy hoki hi faces more...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2014, 4:43 PM

Personally, I've only seen ONE RB that has impressed me, and unfortunately he fumbled in the SCState game allowing their only score. So - he doesn't get another chance I guess. Geez - good thing we didn't do Jamie Harper that way. He fumbled on the FIRST play - giving Bama the momentum to destroy us that day.

For me - Kurt Fleming is the ONLY RB that can move the pile. Give the man the dang ball and let's stop all this nonsense acting like we don't have a RB on board.

Besides - he's worth the price of admission just watching him drag 4-5 defenders down the field - or headhunting for a possible defender to run over. You can't tell me you didn't enjoy that.

Sep 29, 2014, 5:20 PM

I agree Fleming needs to get carries. When you have guys on the field and they don't block or even try to hit someone, they need to ride the pine. Id be willing to bet he would block someone too

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,400
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic