Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hypothetical - Please Breathe Before Responding
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,423

Hypothetical - Please Breathe Before Responding

Nov 28, 2016, 9:51 AM

Situation:

Alabama loses to Florida
Clemson convincingly beats VT
Washington loses to Colorado
Penn State beats Wisconsin
Oklahoma wins bedlam

What would playoff rankings look like? I say

1 - Clemson
2 - Bama
3 - Penn State
4 - OSU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A loss to a bad Florida team would drop Bama to 3 or 4 IMO.***

Nov 28, 2016, 9:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: A loss to a bad Florida team would drop Bama to 3 or 4 IMO.***

Nov 28, 2016, 11:56 AM

I disagree BigC. I think in that scenario, Bama doesn't budge from the 1 spot. But it certainly makes it challenging for the committee to determine what they should do with the SEC champ.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The SEC champ would be left out in the cold

Nov 28, 2016, 12:08 PM

in that scenario. No way they would send Florida to the playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Agreed, it would just be interesting to see where they

Nov 28, 2016, 12:30 PM

landed in the rankings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hypothetical - Please Breathe Before Responding

Nov 28, 2016, 9:57 AM

No way they keep Bama out of Atlanta first game and #1 spot.

But Florida has zero, ZERO offense. They won't beat Bama

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Points for You - It's Called a Hypothetical For a Reason

Nov 28, 2016, 10:00 AM

So to do your work for you, Bama loses to a bad Florida team, they just drop them to #4 and put Clemson #1. They then get Bama to ATL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Points for You - It's Called a Hypothetical For a Reason

Nov 28, 2016, 10:02 AM

Lol. Geez . So you didn't like my hypothetical?? Answered it then gave my opinion. Toughen up bud.

I hypothetically don't see Bama falling at all. Let alone to #4....

Re: No Points for You - It's Called a Hypothetical For a Reason

Nov 28, 2016, 10:02 AM

But I don't worry, won't TD you back. I'm a grown man and can take your criticism and laugh.

With everyone's ridiculous love for OSU, it would probably

Nov 28, 2016, 9:57 AM

be:

1 - OSU
2 - Clemson
3 - Bama
4 - PSU

I Have This Weird Feeling (It Might Be Gas) But I Think

Nov 28, 2016, 10:01 AM

OSU gets "TCU-ed" by the committee on the last go-round. They really looked WEAK the last two games.

I hope that's what happens, but all the talking heads

Nov 28, 2016, 10:08 AM

seem to have blinders on. If you've watched the last two games (or any of their games against decent teams) they have struggled mightily. Now we haven't completed dominated good competition either, but at least we seem to be trending up going into the final stretch.

Dont think they would match up 2 B1G teams in the semis

Nov 28, 2016, 10:18 AM [ in reply to With everyone's ridiculous love for OSU, it would probably ]

And still give Bama the most favorable matchup possible.

1. Clemson
2. Bama
3. Penn State
4. OSU

I think they would match 2 B10 teams in semi, because they

Nov 28, 2016, 11:55 AM

would probably rather not have an all Big 10 final. Would not be conducive to getting the biggest tv audience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2016, 10:03 AM

In that scenario, I think OSU would still be ahead of PSU even though PSU won the conference and won the head to head. OSU's body of work is better....road win at Oklahoma, Wisconsin, and a win over Michigan. PSU lost twice and the win over Wisconsin would be on a neutral field.

The Oklahoma/Penn State argument would be interesting.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2016, 10:03 AM

Yes, and actualy I was just having this conversation with a buddy and came up with that exact scenario. I think thats the second most likely scenario.

The most likely scenario IMO:

Bama beats Florida convincingly
Clemson beats VT convincingly
Washington beats Colorado in a close game
OU wins Bedlam in a close game
Wisconsin beats PSU in a close game

1- Bama
2 - Clemson
3 - OSU
4 - Wisconsin/Washington

Bama will destroy Wisconsin. This is a terrible matchup for Wisconsin...in Atlanta. And honestly I think theyd beat Washington by 10+. But its still a more intruiging matchup.
Clemson will match up well and be favored vs OSU IMO.

Nov 28, 2016, 10:08 AM

I would live to see this scenario work out. Would be an interesting argument and imo it could end up being:

1- Bama
2 - Clemson
3 - Wisky
4 - Ok State/Washington

I think okie st beats okie.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2016, 11:06 AM

I think of all the teams left outside of us, Okie and OU have the next best shot at giving Bama a run for their money. They have skill on offense and it would be interesting to see this Bama team in a boat race.

I don't think a 2 loss team will get in ahead of OhSt, even

Nov 28, 2016, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Hypothetical - Please Breathe Before Responding ]

if it is the Big10 CCG winner. I think the committee learned from their mistake with the way they handled TCU in 2014, and aren't boxing themselves into a corner this time. I think they have OhST firmly in, and will only shuffle them around to get the matchups they prefer. If we win comfortably Saturday, we will probably flip with OhSt and be 2nd, with OhSt dropping to 3rd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right four, but i don't think that would be the order.

Nov 28, 2016, 10:13 AM

Given that much chaos, i think the committee would largely ignore conference titles and such when seeding the teams. If you think about it, you would have a) not just 1, but 2 teams that didn't win their conference, b) a 2-loss team, and c) multiple teams from not just the same conference, but the same division.

I think you could make an argument that we would still be #3.

Clemson will not be ranked higher than Ohio St.

Nov 28, 2016, 10:23 AM

OSU has wins over #5, 6, 7, and 23.

welllllllllllll

Nov 28, 2016, 10:32 AM

I could see that happening if and only if Florida beats Bama. I don't see Bama losing to Florida but if they did I could see them only dropping one.

If Penn St wins I think Michigan would jump back in the picture honestly. I think Wisconsin is right now ranked higher than Penn St. and Michigan whooped Penn St.

so I would say if all the above scenario's played out it would look something like:

1. Clemson
2. Bama
3. OSU
4. Michigan

Re: welllllllllllll

Nov 28, 2016, 11:50 AM

Nah, not in the above scenario where Oklahoma wins they wouldn't pick a two loss Michigan team over Oklahoma since they would be considered the defacto b12 conference champs. I think tomorrow night we'll see a big jump for ok st. - imo

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely no chance will MI get in ahead of Big10 CCG winner.

Nov 28, 2016, 12:04 PM [ in reply to welllllllllllll ]

They will already have one non-CCG winner in with OhSt, and it is stated they prefer CCG winners.

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,423
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic