Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No One Hates KB, but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

No One Hates KB, but...

Jan 2, 2018, 12:40 AM

It doesn’t take a genius to see that QB, as a whole, was not the strongest position on our offense this year. The kid led us to a playoff, much more than I expected him to do. For that, I thank him. However, being able to recognize that he may not be capable of leading us to a national championship does not make anyone a fair weather fan. I, for one, will be watching the QB battle closely next year and I do not think that Bryant should be the assumed starter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No One Hates KB, but...

Jan 2, 2018, 12:42 AM

Led to the playoff is a participation trophy if you get blown out. Call it what it is. We won the ACC in a year where Louisville and FSU we terrible. Is that really all that shocking.

Jan 2, 2018, 12:44 AM

If you listen to the experts, we had a harder schedule this year.

Oh wow***

Jan 2, 2018, 12:45 AM [ in reply to Re: No One Hates KB, but... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wasn’t great tonight, but we got beat on the OL....

Jan 2, 2018, 12:44 AM

Poor playcalling and poor blocking was our downfall. Pretty good defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He wasn’t great tonight, but we got beat on the OL....

Jan 2, 2018, 12:47 AM

I agree with all of that. However, these are the same guys that blocked last year. Bryant just doesn’t have that quality that makes a player great imo. He’s got all the talent, but the great ones just find ways to make plays. With all the talent we’ve recruited at that position, I have to believe someone will emerge that just has a better feel for the game.

Bryant has been inconsistent all year....

Jan 2, 2018, 12:52 AM

He’s not an all-world QB, I agree. But he is good enough to win if we did some more things to alleviate the pressure in the playcalling. We did it in the last drive. And no, Bama did not let up. Saban was wanting to pour it on.

Kelly wasn’t great, but he wasn’t terrible tonight either. 5 star receivers dropping balls early when the game was in doubt hurt as well.

Jan 2, 2018, 12:45 AM

Yea I love kB but he just doesn't have what it takes to be a downfield passer. I'm curious to see how TL does in spring and fall camp. I'd KB can develop his passing he would be great we will see! Great to make 3 playoffs 2 title and 1 championship Go Tigers!!

Jan 2, 2018, 12:50 AM

Can KB play the 9 man? I honestly think he gets beat out next year unless he quickens up his release and develops better pocket presence.

Not that there was a pocket tonight.

KB did exceed my expectations though of what I thought he could do in the passing game this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.

Jan 2, 2018, 12:47 AM

It's not hate to say he doesn't have it. He just doesn't. No character fault, no personal problem with Kelly B, but if best is truly the standard, I don't see how he can start next year.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly.

Jan 2, 2018, 12:54 AM

Kelly is good enough to get us to the Playoff. Not so sure he’s good enough to win it. That was pretty evident tonight.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe Montana couldn't have done anything behind that OL tonight.

Jan 2, 2018, 12:54 AM

Bama D-line dominated us. Manhandled us

And the 49’ers OL couldn’t provide effective protection

Jan 2, 2018, 12:57 AM

Against that D on the slow-developing pass plays that TE/JS continued to call through the 4th quarter. There never was a reliable pocket for KB all game long. Why did they keep calling plays that required one?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And the 49’ers OL couldn’t provide effective protection

Jan 2, 2018, 1:04 AM

Very well said.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe Montana couldn't have done anything behind that OL tonight.

Jan 2, 2018, 12:58 AM [ in reply to Joe Montana couldn't have done anything behind that OL tonight. ]

KB's decisions magnified the problem. alot of quick drops in which he made no decision, stepped into pressure, automatically tucked to run-giving up pass option altogether. stated this many time already.

No doubt

Jan 2, 2018, 1:00 AM [ in reply to Joe Montana couldn't have done anything behind that OL tonight. ]

However they rattled Bryant. Our F was playing well enough that we could have hung in there without turnovers. One turnover led to two in frustration. I just wonder if we have a guy that can play better under those circumstances.

We could have helped him with some better.....

Jan 2, 2018, 12:57 AM

play calling, just dropped him back the entire night. No roll outs, sprint outs , or bootlegs, .....i like KB, he is not deshawn or a true passer , but he is a winner ...and coaches did not give him a chance to win tonight , imho..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 1:00 AM

Was KB2 the level of QB that DW4 was...no. No QB Clemson has ever had, was! Quarterbacks like DW4 just are very rare. The talent at the QB position was not much if any better. The defense for Alabama was not better. The experience and OL at Alabama was much, much better. Our OL can block most defenses to give the QB and receivers some time, or create holes for our RB. Neither Clemson nor Bama has a normal defense...they are both elite defenses. Clemson just did not have an OL this year that could match up with an elite defense....Bama did!!!

Jan 2, 2018, 1:06 AM

Our D played well enough to beat Bama without DW4. However, even a game manager doesn’t turn the ball over 2 times, including a pick 6, and expect to win. KB was a game manager much of the year. Was expected to protect the football and not expected to be DW4. He did not do his job tonight, not matter how poorly the online played. He’s got to do a better job feeling pressure and taking a sack or not forcing balls to covered receivers.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic