Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No Notre Dame band at the game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

No Notre Dame band at the game?

Oct 6, 2015, 1:39 PM

Does anyone know why the Notre Dame band was not there? Or were those the band members sitting in that section and they decided not to dress/play due to the conditions?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Notre Dame band at the game? Their choir was there

Oct 6, 2015, 1:41 PM

though. Well I mean the nation media who always sings their praises was there in full force

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jeez, just think a little....If CU had to play away

Oct 6, 2015, 2:05 PM

at a site that was having a monsoon, would our band travel?

No they would not....

Re: Jeez, just think a little....If CU had to play away

Oct 6, 2015, 2:09 PM

But WHEN did they call it off? And how did they then fill those seats with ND people so quickly?

I disagree. We have a very committed band that does an

Oct 6, 2015, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Jeez, just think a little....If CU had to play away ]

outstanding job....I think they would be anywhere at any time no matter the weather!!

Re: Jeez, just think a little....If CU had to play away

Oct 6, 2015, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Jeez, just think a little....If CU had to play away ]

Oh yes they would

Yes they would have.***

Oct 7, 2015, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Jeez, just think a little....If CU had to play away ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: No Notre Dame band at the game?

Oct 6, 2015, 3:18 PM

Saw it mentioned somewhere that they chose not to send the band because they only had 5,000 tickets allocated and didn't want to use them on the band...too much demand from donors to make this trip.

Oct 6, 2015, 3:21 PM

Ahh, To quote that Cyndi Lauper song: "Money changes everything"

Oct 6, 2015, 3:29 PM

It seems that lately the most away teams are bringing are a small 'pep band'. Just a few years ago it seemed every team brought their full band.
Maybe we got tired of away bands being as loud, or louder, than ours?
More likely the increased ticket demand for our games from both sides fans is causing it.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2015, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: No Notre Dame band at the game? ]

So notre dame rented out the whole band section from notre dame?

Nope....Just That Fruity Lucky Charms Guy

Oct 6, 2015, 3:32 PM

That kept trying to peek up the Rally Cats' skirts

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame Rented Tiger Band Out For The Game***

Oct 6, 2015, 3:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read this summer Notre Dame was not bringing the band to

Oct 6, 2015, 9:23 PM

Clemson. Had nothing to do with the weather.

Notre Dame has the oldest college marching band in the country and they are an excellent band. On one hand I would have like to have seen their band but given weather conditions they would not have been able to march at halftime anyhow.

I saw where the ND band was traveling to two away games ... Shamrock Series at Boston's Fenway Park and at Pittsburgh.

Read above where they choose not to bring the band due to only having 5,000 tickets. I hope Clemson doesn't ever tell Tiger Band to stay home because they can sell the tickets instead. This year full Tiger Band is only traveling to one away game ... in cootlumbia. That's pretty rare as full Tiger Band typically travels to 2 to 3 away games. Disappointed we are not taking the full band to NC State or Miami. Hopefully the full band will have the opportunity to travel to the ACC Championship game, plus a couple of playoff games.
:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep, usually the Clemson full band only goes to 1 or 2 away

Oct 6, 2015, 9:26 PM

games, otherwise it is pep band or no band.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

It all depends on schedule, of course, but last

Oct 6, 2015, 11:53 PM

year the full band attended 3 games (@ UGa, @ FSU, and @ Ga Tech). I think we always have a pep band at least at every game. I cannot remember a game where we had no Tiger Band representation. I vaguely remember maybe one game many years ago perhaps, and the fans raised so much heck that I can't recall it happening lately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It all depends on schedule, of course, but last

Oct 7, 2015, 12:00 AM

It hasn't happened lately, but I know there have been some times when we haven't had one.

And it usually does depend on the schedule, and my guess, the COST of travel for the band, as to how many they go to.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

It just came to me, the last game I can remember with no

Oct 7, 2015, 1:33 AM

Tiger Band was at Missouri in 1996. There was a lot of grousing among Clemson fans who were at the game.

Cost is obviously a key consideration, but our band is lucky that their travel is supported by IPTAY much better than other college bands are supported by their universities. When you have to fly, you have to charter a big plane to get the whole band there. We are at 340 members this year. I do remember there was some talk of no band going to the Humanitarian Bowl in Boise but in the end, they were there. Chartered a Delta 767 to get them there and back.

we love y'all and are every bit as proud of THE Tiger Band

Oct 7, 2015, 7:21 AM

as we are the football team! Keep up the good work!

Yes. But the new band entrance music is terrible. The old

Oct 7, 2015, 9:02 AM

music the band ran onto the field was much better. Would love to see the band run into the endzone then march/high step down the field in line formation playing "Sock it to Em(Orange Bowl March)" and "Tiger Rag". Would be more exciting. Watch Auburn band pregame on youtube as example.

Also full band usually goes to conference opponents Wake, GT and FSU with pep band to others. Imagine next year full band goes to Auburn,FSu and GT as they went to Auburn a few years back.

And Tiger Band in some form (pep or full) travels to every

Oct 7, 2015, 10:00 AM [ in reply to I read this summer Notre Dame was not bringing the band to ]

Clemson football game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic