Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Ohi0-4 St. Better Than LSU?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Is Ohi0-4 St. Better Than LSU?

Jan 3, 2020, 8:54 AM

I think Ohi0-4 St. is a better team than LSU. They were big, strong, fast, tough, and well coached (other than being a sore loser). I can't wait to play LSU. My game score is Clemson 35 LSU 27. Clemson will protect the ball on offense and the defense will make more stops than LSU.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Yes.***

Jan 3, 2020, 8:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Is Ohi0-4 St. Better Than LSU?

Jan 3, 2020, 9:03 AM

I say currently LSU is better, but that is only because we haven’t beaten them yet. Hence the BIG push for/by both teams to get the #1 Seed.

They could have both benefitted from hearing the unofficial Sniper motto: “Don’t bother trying to run from us. You’ll only die tired.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 3, 2020, 9:16 AM

Any of the Top 3 can beat any of the other Top 3 on a given day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 9:40 AM

OSU more balanced than LSU. Better D and better run game. LSU obviously better at throwing the ball. I would have to say yes, OSU is better, though not by much.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More balanced, yes, but better, no. LSU would put up

Jan 3, 2020, 10:32 AM

enough points to beat Ohio St.

Defensively, yes. Offensively, no. Our task against LSU

Jan 3, 2020, 9:44 AM

will be for OUR offense so sustain clock eating drives ending in touchdowns. LSU's offense can't score from the bench. This will be a war, but in the end, all that matters is that we stop them one more time than they stop us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Defensively, yes. Offensively, no. Our task against LSU

Jan 3, 2020, 10:25 AM

The only problem I see with clock eating drives is that we don't eat clocks, we eat the opposition, usually by scoring quick touchdown after quick touchdown, last year's 10 minute ender against 'Bammer notwithstanding. Clemson is a quick strike offense, moving the ball 94 yards in 4 plays. There have been many games in recent years where the other guys run more plays and chew up more clock against us and still lose by 40. We just need to score and than unleash our defense against Joey Baby. Just score and score and score.

Jan 3, 2020, 10:38 AM

Well said. We don’t usually take long to score and neither does LSU. They tire you by giving no rest between plays. When we are picking up first downs we do the same. TV will have to settle for not fitting replays in between every down or they will miss half the game. Maybe that’s how you keep replay from ruining the game.

Jan 3, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Defensively, yes. Offensively, no. Our task against LSU ]

Let our offense dictate the game. We do not need to change anything on either side of the ball. Venables will keep the game in front of the defense and make Borrow perform in the redzone. If they can execute it will be a shootout. If they make mistakes we have an opportunity to pull away.

null

Jan 3, 2020, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Defensively, yes. Offensively, no. Our task against LSU ]

Incorrect. Ohio State played much better defenses than LSU this year and going into the bowls, was ranked higher in every single offensive statistic except red zone percentage (LSU was #1, OSU was #2) and passing offense. Ohio State scored more points on the season, had a top 5 rushing attack (maybe the best all around rushing attack), a good passing offense, and was #2 in total offense (Clemson was #1).

I think LSU has better wide receivers than Ohio State. But I think Ohio State wins at all other position on the field. I don't think Burrow magically transformed from a mediocre (#88 in the nation last year) QB to a true NFL star. I think the scheme helps him, especially since the SEC is weak to passing QBs the past couple years (and Burrow was outplayed by the opposing QBs in the Texas, Florida, and Alabama games). I'll give the edge to Fields. Dobbins is obviously better. OSU is better in the trenches on both sides of the ball. They have much better linebackers and a top secondary. And they're better on special teams.

Ohio State would blow LSU out.

No. Nothing Ohio St has shown this season leads to that conclusion.

Jan 3, 2020, 10:31 AM

LSU is the better team, which is why they got the 1 seed.

Re: No. Nothing Ohio St has shown this season leads to that conclusion.

Jan 3, 2020, 10:43 AM

A better run game and better D do not lead to that conclusion????

No. LSU would outscore them head to head.***

Jan 3, 2020, 12:33 PM

Jan 3, 2020, 10:44 AM [ in reply to No. Nothing Ohio St has shown this season leads to that conclusion. ]

I prefer 0-4io State when referring to the Buckeyes - but either works ...

As far as which team is better...
Burrow is a far better QB...Fields is highly overrated...
Better offense - LSU
Better defense- OSU

It’s a toss-up honestly...

Jan 3, 2020, 10:52 AM

Funny, no one was saying Fields is overrated before the game. Let's see, Book was overrated, then Tua was overrated, then Fields was overrated. Maybe Joey Baby is overrated. I know Trevor isn't overrated.

Jan 3, 2020, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: No. Nothing Ohio St has shown this season leads to that conclusion. ]

This is just wrong.

I think Fields is better than Burrow. Fields played better defenses all year long and it wasn't even close. He also was pulled from games very quickly (quicker even than Lawrence). Going into Bowls, he had 3,000 passing yards, 40 touchdowns, and 1 interception. He added 500 yards and 10 touchdowns on the ground. Burrow had 4,700 yards, 48 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions. He had 300 yards and 3 touchdowns on the ground. However, Burrow threw passes in the fourth quarter in 11 games this year (he only was pulled before that against Utah State, Northwestern State, and Arkansas). He averaged playing his last drive with 9 minutes left in the fourth quarter, whereas Fields averaged playing his last drive with 11 minutes in the third.

If you gave Fields the extra snaps Burrow had, his stats would be around 4,500 yards, 57 passing touchdowns, 2 interceptions and he'd have around 750 rushing yards and 15 rushing touchdowns. That was how good Ohio State was in the Big 10 this year. And again, that was playing better defenses. Fields is objectively better than Burrow. Similarly, Ohio State's offense lagged behind LSU's but that was it statistically. Ohio State was much better on third downs, in rushing the ball, in total offense, in scoring offense (before the bowls). LSU's offense is good but overrated because they ran the score up this season on almost every opponent.

Ohio State beats them in every category and would convincingly beat the corndogs.

Its funny how before the game the narrative was “Oh St

Jan 3, 2020, 12:38 PM

isn’t very good, Fields isn’t good which is why he transferred, we will crush them, they are only undefeated because the Big 10 is weak, etc.” Now that we won and want to make our resume better, suddenly Oh St is great, the Big 10 conference is a very good conference, Fields is a great QB.

Possibly***

Jan 3, 2020, 10:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 10:47 AM

I guess we will find out in the Natty.
I for one can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jan 3, 2020, 12:35 PM

Pig said:

>I for one can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Au contraire, mon frere. Not only can you; but you will wait!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic