Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What say you PnR Pubs?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 746

What say you PnR Pubs?

Jun 9, 2018, 8:29 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/08/10/52-percent-republicans-would-support-postponing-2020-election/555769001/

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Do not support. But that's a good sign for

Jun 9, 2018, 8:46 AM

another 4 years.

Then when the American people vote again for Trump you can blame the North Koreans since it's obvious Trump was a Kim plant from the start.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope. Do not support. But that's a good sign for

Jun 9, 2018, 8:50 AM

disagree, I think a big part of his win had to do with the left thinking they had it in the bag with Hillary. But I DO like his strategy of getting everyone baked so nobody on the left shows up in 2020.

His win was fueled by Americans that saw their country circling the drain.

Jun 9, 2018, 8:27 PM

Had Hillbag won our 2nd amendment would already be gone. She had a Supreme Court case lined up and ready to go. Socialized medicine, state-run media were both achieved by Obama. He laid the groundwork. She was supposed to finish the job. We dodged a bullet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His win was fueled by Americans that saw their country circling the drain.

Jun 9, 2018, 10:31 PM

Lay off the meth, my dude.

Re: His win was fueled by Americans that saw their country circling the drain.

Jun 9, 2018, 10:36 PM [ in reply to His win was fueled by Americans that saw their country circling the drain. ]

yup, and then she would have required RFID chips be implanted in all Americans, made abortions legal at gas stations, banned the use of fossil fuels and would have criminalized Christianity, all with a Republican house.

crisis averted.

If you really believe that, you should should check yourself in.*

Jun 10, 2018, 1:28 AM [ in reply to His win was fueled by Americans that saw their country circling the drain. ]

What about the 3-5 million illegal voters...?***

Jun 9, 2018, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Nope. Do not support. But that's a good sign for ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What about the 3-5 million illegal voters...?***

Jun 9, 2018, 10:12 AM

expect that number to climb to 6-10 million if he loses, assuming there is an election.

Dems....

Jun 10, 2018, 7:09 AM

Got that many dead people ready to vote (similar to Obama)? Interesting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...poll conducted by 2 academics

Jun 9, 2018, 9:41 AM

ya think their sampling is trustworthy?

Also Aug 2017

Jun 9, 2018, 10:03 AM

Germans? ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sample size, no.

Jun 9, 2018, 10:09 AM [ in reply to LOL...poll conducted by 2 academics ]

that is why I am asking your opinion on the topic. Would you support this?

No I don’t support a postponement

Jun 9, 2018, 11:02 AM

I do support ensuring only ELIGIBLE citizens can vote.

Re: No I don’t support a postponement

Jun 9, 2018, 12:00 PM

I graduated from CU in 1971. I live in NC.
In NC the heavily-GOP legislature (despite the statewide voters being split roughly 50-50 for Dems and Reps; gerry-mandering has been terrible) has tried numerous ways to reduce the registered Dems and the legislature has tried to restrict voting locations and hours, in an effort to make it very difficult for registered Dems to vote.
They do this while blaming voter fraud.
After every election within the last 20 years, all of the studies have shown voter fraud in NC to be less than 1/10 of one percent. (Mostly these are voters that have moved, don't know where they are supposed to vote, and slip by the registrars due to similar names to other voters.)
I work at the polling place in my precinct, a middleclass neighborhood with a 40/38/22 split between Dems/Repubs/Unaffiliateds. I verify the elgibility of voters to vote there. In the last 4 years, there has not been a single fraudulant voter out of the thousands that have requested a ballot.

The most significant thing that I noticed in the 2016 presidential election was that MANY registered dems did NOT vote. I think there were 2 reasons for this -- democratic voter fright and national polling that suggested their votes were not needed.
A lot of people have forgotten that TheRump suggested that armed vigilantes appear at the precincts where a large number of minority-race voters would vote. (Our precinct head official, a GOPper, told us she was scared that we might have some confrontations and that she had her phone set for a quick 911 call.)
The armed vigilantes did not appear at our polling place but some did at other heavy-dem precincts in the city.
Nothing like scaring the dem voters, to help the GOP!!!!
And, then, follow-up by having TheRump lie about fraudulant voters!!!
And, a lot of TheRump supporters still don't get thar the GOP plan is to scare the populace with their lies of voter-fraud.
And, while the crooked TheRump family is making $millions illegally. His family members are all crooked. Ivanka will get her own cell. Enjoy, the spiral, GOPpers.

Lets have some facts, hopper...not conjecture

Jun 9, 2018, 12:12 PM

Trump won...because many blue collar dems crossed party lines and voted for him in several key rust belt states.

Its simple as that!

Re: Lets have some facts, hopper...not conjecture

Jun 9, 2018, 12:42 PM

and it is the last time they will make that mistake

Jun 9, 2018, 10:44 PM

A Brookings Institute study confirmed that the minority turn-out in the 2016 Pres election was the lowest since 2000.
Further, in 5 states (NC, Florida, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin) the shortfall in minority turnout likely swung those closely-voted states to the GOP, giving the election to TheRump, per their data. Only in PA was there an upsurge of white voters in TheRump's favor that was the deciding factor.
So, the threat of intimidation of minority voters at the precinct polling locations by TheRump -- and the polling for the HRC likely win -- caused many minority voters to stay home.
As I noted in our precinct.
However, the turn-out on May 8th by Dems was very high in our precinct. That could be meaningful going forward.

Jun 9, 2018, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Lets have some facts, hopper...not conjecture ]

Many moderates voted for TheRump b/c they were scared to vote for Hillary after the Comey email scare, and b/c of Russian collusion spewing lies about HRC.
But the truth is that the majority of minority voters did not vote in NC, giving the state to TheRump. Partly because they were intimidated by TheRump's vigilante poll-watcher threat and partly because polling indicated their vote wasn't needed. (Based on the May primaries, the minority turn-outs won't be low again, anytime soon.)
I'm sure NC wasn't the only state where minority voters stayed home, partly due to intimidation.
The GOP would like to change the laws such that only the rich could vote.

Re: What say you PnR Pubs?

Jun 9, 2018, 11:54 AM

Trump will win again, Tigebalm will continue to post.

This I can guarantee.

Re: What say you PnR Pubs?

Jun 9, 2018, 3:45 PM

What I get out of that article is how freaking gullible Americans are.

They'll believe most anything if the right person says it.

I'm a PnR Pub and I've never met anyone...

Jun 10, 2018, 9:30 AM

who would support such a position.

I find it hard to care much about a survey of ~1000 ppl on a hypothetical issue. Sounds like the surveyors see it in a similar way:

"Our survey is only measuring reactions to a hypothetical situation. Were Trump to seriously propose postponing the election, there would be a torrent of opposition, which would likely include prominent Republicans. Financial markets would presumably react negatively to the potential for political instability. And this is to say nothing of the various legal and constitutional complications that would immediately become clear. Citizens would almost certainly form their opinions amid such tumult, which does not at all resemble the context in which our survey was conducted."

Replies: 21
| visibility 746
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic