Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Bammer, Wisconsin, Okie,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Bammer, Wisconsin, Okie,

Sep 21, 2019, 5:07 PM

and probably a couple of others. We need an 8 team playoff, always have needed it. Even with the 4 teams, two or three were weak and a couple of others should have been let in to have a chance to show their stuff.

Fire away.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Bammer, Wisconsin, Okie,

Sep 21, 2019, 5:23 PM

I'll disagree or fire a volley … It's only the 3rd week of the season. One or two of the teams you list will lose one or two games. It's too early too predict how the SEC West will turn out but the regular season still counts and SEC West teams will nullify each other's tickets until one SEC West team is standing who will play UGA in the SEC Championship game. IF Big 12 (OK and TX) and/or B1G (O310 St and WISCY) teams have two losses they eliminate themselves, and in that case, SEC West could easily pull two teams.

With 4 team playoff, it's already been demonstrated by ND and Pac12 teams that they are not worthy. Only 2-3 teams have been competitive in College Playoffs not four. Why add four more uncompetitive teams?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2019, 5:25 PM

Still early. Some of those will fall out. But I agree, 8 is the right number.

Sep 21, 2019, 5:27 PM

absolutely agree, pretty sure these supposed "blue-bloods" that consistently get left out will demand some sort of change. which in a likelihood will be playoff expansion. this program has been built solid from the ground up, so i predict this run will continue. i honestly think strength and conditioning has helped more than people realize!! anyways...
GO TIGERS, BEAT CHARLOTTE!!
p.s.- so glad TLaw is now QB1

No.

Sep 21, 2019, 5:28 PM

Play your season and make it to the top 4 case closed. Why make power teams like Bama and Clemson play extra games against additional mediocre What-May-Have-Beens?

Re: No.

Sep 21, 2019, 5:36 PM

if teams from big 10 such as ohio st get left out, the whiney babies will try and force the issue. they have a ton of pull in the committee and cfb in general. i could go along with some form of a 6 team playoff, but anything beyond that would be too much in my opinion.

Re: No.

Sep 21, 2019, 5:44 PM

Tig3rman12, just two questions. If what has happened to the B1G the last couple of years happened to us or the ACC, would we be whiny babies for complaining?

Secondly, if we lose a game this year with our schedule, do we have the right to complain if we got left out?

Very curious to hear the answer.

Sep 21, 2019, 5:29 PM

No doubt. Its needed for tv ratings and keeping the nation involved.

with 8 teams mabye ucf and boise st can make it***

Sep 21, 2019, 5:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2019, 5:31 PM

We will already know who’s best out of UGA, LSU, Bama by virtue of the sec conference championship. In your scenario that leaves you with your sec champ and the other 3 you list. You already have what you want and don’t even know it. I’d be all for 6 and let all major conference champs and best at-large in. Top 2 get 1st round byes. We don’t need 8 unless you eliminate conf champ games. With 8 they will make half the teams sec which is not legit. Six or leave it alone imo.

Dude, it’s week 4. Chill***

Sep 21, 2019, 5:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forget the polls. Play it on the field.

Sep 21, 2019, 5:35 PM

4 - 16 team conferences with 2 - 8 team divisions each.
Conference Championship Games are Quarterfinals
4 Conference Champions play in Semis and NC game regardless of record.

This way, there's no loading the polls with conference teams, because it will no matter.

Sep 21, 2019, 5:38 PM

So Clemson and Bama can beat two teams by 30.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2019, 5:39 PM

No matter where the cut-off is, you will have multiple teams arguing they deserve that final spot. I would think a lot fewer teams would argue that they are in the top 4, as would argue that they are in the top 8. So you probably end up with more teams claiming to have been screwed.

Sep 21, 2019, 5:43 PM

I would go 6 with top two getting bye.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic