Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's pretty simple really and I know I'm stating the obvious
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

It's pretty simple really and I know I'm stating the obvious

Mar 1, 2014, 5:26 PM

to many on here (some can't admit it and will continue to deny it as if doing so makes it not true)...but they are just a better baseball program. And it's really not even close anymore. They were a better program 4-5 years ago, but it was still close at that point. It's just really not at all anymore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are wrong, just better coaching***

Mar 1, 2014, 5:29 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Mar 1, 2014, 5:29 PM

They've only clearly had a better team than us a couple of the times we've played. When you lose because of walks and errors, it's not a clear indicator that the other team is "just a better program." Besides, we've won a few of the series in that stretch, and when we have lost, the games have at least been close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on man. Just stop. I mean no disrespect personally,

Mar 1, 2014, 5:32 PM

but for the love of God, they've beaten us like 22 of the last 30.

He has got a point here….

Mar 1, 2014, 5:33 PM

I say we have a mental block when it comes to the coots.

Re: He has got a point here….

Mar 2, 2014, 1:37 AM

22 of the last 30 is one H&ll of a mental block don't you think. That is the real mental score right now. After tomorrow, the mental block will be 23 of 31 more than likely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who are you trying to fool?***

Mar 1, 2014, 5:34 PM [ in reply to No ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.***

Mar 1, 2014, 5:35 PM [ in reply to No ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: No

Mar 1, 2014, 5:41 PM [ in reply to No ]

> They've only clearly had a better team than us a
> couple of the times we've played. When you lose
> because of walks and errors, it's not a clear
> indicator that the other team is "just a better
> program." Besides, we've won a few of the series in
> that stretch, and when we have lost, the games have
> at least been close.

Yeah! Walks and errors are no indicator of how good a team/program is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No

Mar 1, 2014, 6:23 PM [ in reply to No ]

Believe that if you want too! Something is causing all the errors,lack of clutch hits , etc. If you have not figured it out yet they are called The Gamecocks. Tired of losing but they are that good and we are not!

disagree, walks and errors are part of the game...

Mar 2, 2014, 7:28 AM [ in reply to No ]

saying someone is not a better team simply because your team does not have a defense is laughable. Defense and pitching is part of the game. Better players make better plays and better coaches make better players.

Its similar to saying that we would have won the football game if our defensive backs would have covered the receivers and our quarterback quit throwing the ball to the other team. Having the better athletes does not matter, it is what they the do/produce on the field that counts.

They have a summer league team in the Columbia Blowfish...

Mar 1, 2014, 5:32 PM

we have no summer league team. The coots put their players on the Blowfish, so they get extra time playing together. That gives them a competitive advantage by allowing their players more time to practice together. This is something we should be raising he** to the NCAA about. But no, we would rather be good "sportsmen".

Re: They have a summer league team in the Columbia Blowfish...

Mar 1, 2014, 5:37 PM

Yep just another conspiracy theory.

The Coots play together all summer long and they are better because of it.

The NCAA MUST do something about this NOW !!!!!!! it is the only reason USC owns Clemson in baseball.

Oh wait a minute......not a single Coot player plays for the Blowfish........try again.

http://blowfishbaseball.com/blowfish.asp?PageID=23&categoryID

then we need to start one & warm our bats***

Mar 1, 2014, 5:37 PM [ in reply to They have a summer league team in the Columbia Blowfish... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: then we need to start one & warm our bats***

Mar 2, 2014, 1:27 AM

What is the deal that Jack won't get our team a bat warmer. Surely he can see that it gives teams a clear advantage during these cold weather games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They have a summer league team in the Columbia Blowfish...

Mar 1, 2014, 5:38 PM [ in reply to They have a summer league team in the Columbia Blowfish... ]

Thought what you said was interesting so I went to the Blowfish site and looked at the roster. Not one Carolina player listed

Calling you an idiot is an insult to idiots***

Mar 1, 2014, 6:22 PM [ in reply to They have a summer league team in the Columbia Blowfish... ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahahahaha this is a classic.

Mar 2, 2014, 1:36 AM [ in reply to They have a summer league team in the Columbia Blowfish... ]

All time post right here.

NCAA rules

Mar 2, 2014, 2:20 AM [ in reply to They have a summer league team in the Columbia Blowfish... ]

allow only four players from the same college team to play on the same summer league team.

Here is an article about Coastal Plains League alumni on teams in the Preseason Top 25. According to this South Carolina had 3 on the Columbia Blowfish roster in 2013.

http://www.coastalplain.com/press/coastal_plain_league_represented_well_among_preseason_top_25_teams/

If that is such an advantage for them then explain why we lost considering we had three players on the Florence roster last summer.

There is plenty of stuff to complain about with this baseball program the past few years without manufacturing BS like this.

100% correct. It is not even debatable.***

Mar 1, 2014, 5:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

They're much better...and better coached

Mar 1, 2014, 5:46 PM

Just truth.

Re: They're much better...and better coached

Mar 1, 2014, 6:19 PM

but saying they play for the blowfish is a pretty good excuse or at least it sounds good. never mind that it is not true. we have about run out of even logical excuses. at some point we have to say their coaching is better and we just have to accept it.

Mar 1, 2014, 6:24 PM

or identify the problem and fix it...

Mar 2, 2014, 11:49 PM

They are likely going to be #1 when the new ranking come out so yeah they are better than us and most everyone else in the Country. We can blame Jack if we want but the fact is they are a Elite Baseball Program no way around it. Lets win the ACC and get to Omaha and put this series in the rear view.

Well, they do have 2 of the last 3 NC's in

Mar 3, 2014, 12:13 AM

baseball. What was everyone saying when Bama won the MNC twice in a row? They're not beating Clemson, they're consistently beating everyone. If they are #1 in the next ranking, isn't having the lead late against the current #1 and 2x NC.......nevermind, no one wants to lose to their rivals, especially not us. All I was saying is that if we're going to lose, I guess it's better than getting beat by whoever the worst team in college baseball is. I think I should TD my own post if I could?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It ain't rocket science. It really

Mar 1, 2014, 7:33 PM

boils down to coaching and especially recruiting. Coots now have a "name" program after the CWS repeats -- good coaches, a great ball park, and really good players. Are you listening Dan Rado??

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep!***

Mar 2, 2014, 11:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic