Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nkemdiche and SEC arrogance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Nkemdiche and SEC arrogance

Jun 14, 2012, 11:34 PM

Yeah, I know it's redundant to say SEC and arogance. I live in Birmingham and listening to the radio on the way home tonight they were talking about Nkemdiche commiting and how they couldn't believe it. The host apparently knew nothing about Clemson except the Orange Bowl score. No clue that Clemson has been ranked high in recruiting for years, no clue that we got several 5 stars last year. Just shock boardering on outrage that the nation's number 1 recruit had foresaken both Bama and the SEC. You'd think they could give a little love to a coach form a local high school who played for Bama on a national championship team, but no, just disbelief.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nkemdiche and SEC arrogance

Jun 14, 2012, 11:45 PM

What exactly do you expect from a bunch of in bred's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2012, 11:47 PM

So you've heard the Finebaum show?

Although that's not the show I was refering to.

Oh sec will still try to steal

Jun 14, 2012, 11:51 PM

With strip clubs and game stations, etc. it's a matter of character now.

Re: Oh sec will still try to steal

Jun 14, 2012, 11:54 PM

There are only so many joe blobs Nick Saban can give a kid . He is educated , comes from a good family and is high charachter...not your typical Bammer recruit .Tigers win this one....

Point for 'joe blobs'.***

Jun 14, 2012, 11:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2nd point for joe blobs

Jun 15, 2012, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh sec will still try to steal ]

Clemson does offer the best education of the schools he was considering, and he does come from a good family. He will be an excellent prominent alumni for us. Auburn can have Fairly and co. representing them.

Ok, now 4.***

Jun 15, 2012, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh sec will still try to steal ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's Alabama. The same fanbase who claims fantastical

Jun 14, 2012, 11:55 PM

NCs that no one really gives them credit for. The same fanbase with the most classless chant in all of CFB (rammer jammer). They are about as elitist as they come. They can back it up, but their whole program is analogous to the Yankees. Truly the best team money can buy.

Re: It's Alabama. The same fanbase who claims fantastical

Jun 15, 2012, 12:13 AM

As a loyal Clemson fan, I can only respectfully disagree.
Saban is a great coach, and Alabama has a great program. Where they beat us hands down is in player development, perhaps Coach Swinney's fatal flaw. We have consistently been beaten on the line of scrimmage for years now. We were very lucky to beat Wake Forest last year. Physically they pushed us around. Carolina has dominated us physically for three years---beginning with the year they instituted a new strength program. And it will continue this year, unfortunately because Swinney is totally close-minded to the very notion that there might be a problem in that area. Wake and Carolina have figured it out. Why can't we?

You are correct.

Jun 15, 2012, 12:48 AM

And you're courageous to say it here. But strength on the line of scrimmage, especially on the offensive line of scrimmage, has been a major problem at Clemson for a long time now. Overall toughness as well. Getting taken to the limit and winning shootouts at home against Wofford and Wake Forest don't look so great, even when you're able to go on the road and beat VT twice in the same season. Inexplicable. Getting pushed around by the coots doesn't work for me, either... nor does getting anally raped by mediocre NC State teams, or getting 70 points hung on us anytime, EVER.

Hopefully the new DC and some continued success on the recruiting trail will help. I'm ready to hear about some blue chip 5-star offensive linemen choosing Clemson. Sure would be nice to be able to run up the middle here again, at least occasionally.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree? You didn't address anything in my post

Jun 15, 2012, 12:58 AM [ in reply to Re: It's Alabama. The same fanbase who claims fantastical ]

I never said they didn't have a great program or that Saban wasn't a great coach. I said they have the best team money can buy and that my anecdotal experience with Bama fans has been negative. They have practically unlimited resources. Just like the Yankees, there is no reason they shouldn't be #1 every year. They out spend everyone and bring in the best talent. You can save the Dabo rant. I'm not sure I disagree with your post, but your remarks are quite presumptuous and you present no real facts to support to positions. One could just as easily argue that Scar has recruited better than us on the lines the last few years and their talent level has been better across the board. I think the Wake game had more to do with motivation and coming off the deflating loss.

If the Wake game had to do with motivation after a loss...

Jun 15, 2012, 1:06 AM

What did the NC State game have to do with? And were we lacking motivation in our first BCS bowl game?

Dude was dead on right. It's about strength up front (or lack thereof).

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NC State game was just a cluster#### of turnovers

Jun 15, 2012, 1:23 AM

and lack of motivation (we had locked up the Atlantic against Wake). It's obvious that we are a mentally fragile team and that Dabo has had trouble motivating the team. I agree with you, I don't think our line has been good in a long time. There could be lots of reasons, obviously one can only speculate.

By the way, you are preaching to choir. See my post from just a few days ago:

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=1111321&messageID=12324298#12324298

To reiterate, the poster above did not address anything in my post. If you are one of those guys that is on about the strength and conditioning stuff, then show me some objective empirical evidence that Joey Batson's program is less effective than other programs. "We played like #### against Wake" is does not meet the evidentiary standard, rather it's simply a non sequitur. Again, I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your (or the other poster's) premise, but his rant had nothing to do with my post or the topic at hand (SEC arrogance).

We were up on Carolina 3 TDs in the 3rd quarter***

Jun 15, 2012, 1:47 AM [ in reply to Re: It's Alabama. The same fanbase who claims fantastical ]

they pobably don't even know dabo helped them win a national

Jun 15, 2012, 12:05 AM

championship

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

its bama who has a fan who poisoned...

Jun 15, 2012, 12:06 AM

traditional trees

If it's Finebaum, no surprise there

Jun 15, 2012, 12:08 AM

That show is the Jerry Springer of college sports.

Want some more sanctified SEC opinions...just read the

Jun 15, 2012, 12:28 AM

comments in the AJC article in opponents section below. The UGA people are the worst. It's not like they've been world beaters lately either but they play in the almighty SEC which excuses any short comings. Just sick of their crap!

Re: Want some more sanctified SEC opinions...just read the

Jun 15, 2012, 12:49 AM

UGA lost to that team that plays on a blue field last year - in their own house at that. UGA needs to just hush it. I think they lost to some chickens in their own house too. Sheesh. They need to find a place to hide for awhile.

Jun 15, 2012, 1:00 AM

They won't be able to hide in about 14 and a half months!

Jun 15, 2012, 6:41 AM

Yea, and it'll be Robert's first game as a Tiger!

Jun 15, 2012, 7:34 AM

Nkemdiche is taking the easy route, no shame in that. He's going to have lots of fun up in Clemson with half his high school team. Not everyone is cut out for the SEC and that's understandable. And to the OP...pretty liberal use of the word "played" when referencing Dabo's contribution to Bama's national championship team.

Somebody left the gate open on the chicken coop. Cleaver?***

Jun 15, 2012, 7:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No he's taking the best route for himself hater

Jun 15, 2012, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Nkemdiche and SEC arrogance ]

"Not everyone is cut out for the SEC". SC is a perfect example of this.

Jun 15, 2012, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Nkemdiche and SEC arrogance ]

Another classic example of "riding the coattails."

Jun 15, 2012, 8:44 AM

I too live in N. Alabama and hear the same junk. You really want to know why we will never receive en invitation to join the SEC? They are afraid of our recruiting!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic