Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nice to see SC begun to join the 21st century on cannabis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Nice to see SC begun to join the 21st century on cannabis

Mar 21, 2019, 5:56 AM

If you missed it, a SC senate subcommittee passed the Compassionate Care Act on medical cannabis which I believe means it will now go to the SC Senate floor for debate.

I’ve read the bill and it’s fairly conservative, but also you gotta start somewhere.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice to see SC begun to join the 21st century on cannabis

Mar 21, 2019, 7:39 AM

This is great. However, the more I am learning and the more I watch Michigan battle with recreational use, the more I am moving towards against it overall.

Dug into this late last night after reading the piece below and seems like they are onto a real issue.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/19/stop-ignoring-the-brutal-downside-of-legal-pot/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then there’s this:

Mar 21, 2019, 7:48 AM

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/alcohol-good-or-bad

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't argue the subject.

Mar 21, 2019, 8:03 AM

So you change it.

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

The point is that many things in our society are bad

Mar 21, 2019, 9:36 AM

for you: tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, trans fat, sugar, corn starch...

Should the govt. make these illegal?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The point is that many things in our society are bad

Mar 21, 2019, 9:40 AM

We know then given with each. Right? Studies have been skewed in favor for and against sugar and fat alike.

However if you want to abolish the FDA and CDC and save some money, lets go after it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not expecting an answer from Doc.***

Mar 21, 2019, 10:03 AM [ in reply to The point is that many things in our society are bad ]

Re: Then there’s this:

Mar 21, 2019, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Then there’s this: ]

if you want to start a new thread on alcohol, go ahead. This isnt the one.

Re: Then there’s this:

Mar 21, 2019, 9:36 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/The-point-is-that-many-things-in-our-society-are-bad-25223164#25223164

It's a facade.

Mar 21, 2019, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Nice to see SC begun to join the 21st century on cannabis ]

Others states now have a problem. So will SC. Will lead into migration into heavy drugs.

-Doc Tesla

Completely clueless.

Mar 21, 2019, 8:06 AM

Aside from the likely ignorance of why it was made illegal in the first place (had nothing to do with public health and all to do with money and control), you tout the long disproven "gateway drug" myth.

Colorado is proving you and others opposed to this wrong with Cartman-style authori-ta.

But if you want to use the gateway drug myth, I'm sure you'll also advocate banning all painkillers, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Completely clueless.

Mar 21, 2019, 8:33 AM

Re: Completely clueless.

Mar 21, 2019, 9:09 AM

was this released by a government agency? state? who produced this idiotic meme? cause no one really believes this at all.

Trump posted this on Twitter earlier***

Mar 21, 2019, 9:34 AM

Cut from Reefer Madness. Played it in the loggia

Mar 21, 2019, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Completely clueless. ]

for weeks back in the 70s.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sbjHOBJzhb0

Colorado will have long-term problems

Mar 21, 2019, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Completely clueless. ]

Try, not be so narrow minded and to focus on the 'con' side:

https://marijuana.procon.org/

Shirley,

You saw this recently:

https://www.thestate.com/news/article228151664.html

Here is some unbias for you..

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

-PhD

Re: Colorado will have long-term problems

Mar 21, 2019, 9:09 AM

You have no way to prove Colorado will have long-term problems. We have problems with alcohol as well, which is a far more dangerous substance, but it boils down to personal choice and behavior.

That's what marijuana use boils down to. I'm well aware of the dangers of it. I don't use it. But it comes down to personal decisions and responsibility. I thought you so-called conservatives wanted the government out of dictating our personal choices?

The long-term financial benefits to this state, just like in Colorado, are well worth it.

Do you see us having to dump a lot of money into arresting illegal booze dealers on the street, and all the illegal alcohol related violence among dealers?

Didn't think so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Well, not since 1933 we haven't, anyway.***

Mar 21, 2019, 12:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All hat

Mar 21, 2019, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Completely clueless. ]

no cattle.

Like Ambien or Percocet? Or meth?

Mar 22, 2019, 9:32 PM [ in reply to It's a facade. ]

Do you have any other tropes to parade out?

Whether you think cannabis is dangerous you ought to be for personal freedom. The prohibition on cannabis has been a complete failure. All we end up doing is criminalizing people.

Plus, if you ever actually smoked it you know just how “dangerous” it is.

Mar 21, 2019, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Nice to see SC begun to join the 21st century on cannabis ]

Too bad legalizing it actually decreases use amongst minors. That whole changing the punishment scheme thing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Nice to see SC begun to join the 21st century on cannabis ]

that is rich coming from a guy that will need a liver transplant in a few years.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has anyone read the Washington State study cited?

Mar 21, 2019, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Nice to see SC begun to join the 21st century on cannabis ]

I can't seem to find it. I did find something that seems to say the opposite...

http://mynorthwest.com/1315463/wsu-study-washington-marijuana/

I've also found studies showing that teens are trying marijuana before alcohol and tobacco, but not that they're necessarily using it more. Although, I could believe it, given the lack of hangover, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has anyone read the Washington State study cited?

Mar 21, 2019, 9:32 AM

Hate to sound crass, but I really do not care about the stats of how many kids are using vs. not post legalization.

I worry more about the long term effects, something that wasn't heeded with cigarettes and now with weed and even vaping.

Pulling something into your lungs, no matter what that substance is, creates damage. I would worry most about lung cancer, pancreatic cancer than any kind of mental side effects.

Hey, at least if I get lung cancer I can still eat it

Mar 21, 2019, 9:50 AM

I'd worry more about the vaping than weed use, no telling what all chemicals are in that juice. Weed has been around for awhile, I tend to think if there was a high correlation of smoking marijuana and cancer, we would definitely be hearing about it. I mean, they've tried every other scare tactic but that one, if that says anything.

I just think it's laughable that a patient can get a ###### for synthetic THC as an appetite enhancer and sleep aid, but we act like actual marijuana is somehow inherently more dangerous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stunning logic on display

Mar 21, 2019, 2:55 PM

you do not know what is in them so they must be more dangerous than smoking. Do you also blow PR folks over at Big tobacco when you are not here? I mean who knew Vaping was developed as a more harmful alternative to smoking.

It's posts like this that make me think you aren't literate***

Mar 21, 2019, 2:59 PM

OK

Mar 21, 2019, 8:28 PM

still, KUDOS for pulling at lot of things out of your ass and reassembling it into an argument, you have a gift there.

Re: Has anyone read the Washington State study cited?

Mar 21, 2019, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Has anyone read the Washington State study cited? ]

Heck yeah, I would much rather have an edible or pen, especially when skiing or at altitude than slam beers. Thats a given.

Mar 21, 2019, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Nice to see SC begun to join the 21st century on cannabis ]

So according to the article it’s a bad thing that more teens are using weed (a product that has NEVER directly caused a death) than cigarettes (a product that kills thousands every year)....

Ok.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic