Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Senior Bowl is another chance for Grady Jarrett
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,436

New Story: Senior Bowl is another chance for Grady Jarrett

Jan 23, 2015, 8:57 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Senior-Bowl-chance-Grady-Jarrett-prove-doubters-wrong-13471

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grady Jarrett is unlike any before him

Jan 23, 2015, 9:25 AM

His wrestling background, high motor, and superior leverage give him the tools he needs to be successful at any level. The naysayers who want to talk about his size need to review the film. Despite being double and triple teamed, he dominated. He gobbled up blocks, shut down running lanes, pressured the QB, and made some amazing tackles. He is a force, a disruptor, and a fine young man.

Russell Wilson could never be a QB in the NFL?

Flutie Flakes was too short?

I liken all these size purists to the AKC dog trials people. They don't care about performance, or intelligence, or other valuable metrics. They only care about how big is the butt in relationship to the shoulders, etc... Well, you aren't going to be prancing Grady around in a circle. He has a job to do and he does it as well as anyone.

Grady will be a success BECAUSE he is who he is, not despite it.

Re: Grady Jarrett is unlike any before him

Jan 23, 2015, 11:42 AM

Great post

Re: Grady Jarrett is unlike any before him

Jan 23, 2015, 11:55 AM

it brought a tear to Bob's eye

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't know if I have ever pulled for a Tiger harder

Jan 23, 2015, 9:25 AM

to make it in the League than I am pulling for Grady. On my all time Tiger team he is my NT, hands down. Just a disruptive, non stop motor beast. Gonna miss him more than anyone, play after play defensively.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice to see Coach Brooks getting some well deserved

Jan 23, 2015, 10:14 AM

recognition. I don't think our fans have an appreciation for just how good this staff is.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice to see Coach Brooks getting some well deserved

Jan 23, 2015, 12:42 PM

Any fan who doesn't know what kinda asset Brooks is to our defense is only a casual fan. True fans of the game know how great he is. There's a reason Bama has made multiple attempts to poach him

It's simple

Jan 23, 2015, 10:36 AM

You don't double an triple team a guy that can't play. The GM's that put a higher value on performance over measurables will be looking at Grady. What I see his biggest draft problem being is that he will be one of the guys that teams will try to make a "steal". He is 2nd or 3rd round talent that GM's will let slide to late because they know that 1/2 of their compatriots won't touch him because of his height.

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

Not to take anything away from Vic Beasley

Jan 23, 2015, 11:02 AM

but one of the reasons he was so successful was that so many offensive coordinators saw the ruthlessness of Jarrett and had to account for that, giving Vic a less difficult time to disrupt plays. I think he'll be an excellent NFL player.

Grady is John Randle of the Vikings or La'roi Glover of the

Jan 23, 2015, 12:27 PM

Saints/Cowboys. Excellent 3-tech DT for the NFL. He'll be causing chaos in the NFL backfields on every down.

Re: Grady is John Randle of the Vikings or La'roi Glover of the

Jan 23, 2015, 12:32 PM

Watching the Senior Bowl most are comparing him to Jurrell Casey from the Titans

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,436
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic