Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe this is the karma we needed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Maybe this is the karma we needed

May 23, 2020, 6:51 PM

for killing 100’s of thousands in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan. Maybe this is the shot in the arm we needed to realize that innocent lives not be lost in needless John McCain wars.

They had to shut down their country as we flew planes and dropped bombs month after month and year after year. Maybe we need to feel that same pain and realize our transgressions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, just take care of you and yours and ####.***

May 23, 2020, 6:56 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should add this post to your cuck alert list.***

May 23, 2020, 6:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You should add this post to your cuck alert list.***

May 23, 2020, 11:03 PM

How is that 5 bedroom Brentwood spot? You ordering Panera or Chipotle for lunch?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2020, 11:03 PM [ in reply to You should add this post to your cuck alert list.*** ]

Oh and #### you

May 24, 2020, 8:30 AM [ in reply to You should add this post to your cuck alert list.*** ]

May 24, 2020, 10:11 AM

Forgot to Obed

High five freedom fistbump.***

May 25, 2020, 11:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe this is the karma we needed

May 23, 2020, 7:12 PM

That's not a bad point. I think it was Tiggity that made a pretty well-reasoned argument that mother nature was fighting back. A virus appears, never before seen by mankind, that jumped from a bat through interaction with human beings. I had heard a similar argument when it seemed apparent that hurricanes have increased in strength and number as a result of climate change. Particularly when a Cat-5 lingered over the Bahamas, and then another 2 destroyed Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.

We're a pretty selfish species. Maybe it's a number of things, but 1 thing is certain, this virus has kicked the worlds assz.

Who or whatever we've pisszed off, somebody tell me so I can go apologize. Dammm...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a lot of truth in that. Playing the game of

May 23, 2020, 9:17 PM

"World Political Leader Because We Know What Is Best" causes mostly pain and suffering we don't have to then clean up after, and it is invisible to us. The irony is that we really do know what is best, if "best" is defined as the Enlightenment view of the individual as embodied in the "We hold these truths..." statement, because that view of truth prevents us from disguising self promotion as "spreading democracy". If we hide a military intervention 10,000 miles away behind the words of "democracy" we have forgotten what that actually means.

The goal of the Framers was not democracy, a concept they did not invent. It was elevation of the individual above the state, when the individuals in that state decide that is what they want. The past three months have me wondering whether we even want that ourselves anymore, but a state certainly can't impose that on another. We have screwed up so many times on this, its a wonder karma hasn't gotten us already.

"America First" (While We Leave Everyone The Heck Alone) should have been pursued a long time ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is a lot of truth in that. Playing the game of

May 23, 2020, 9:32 PM

Ummm, seems when 9/11 occurred we was sitting home. You poke a tiger in the ### you better have a plan to deal with the teeth.

Like I told some happy Arabs that day, we killed over a 1/2 million citizens fighting amongst ourselves, what is coming will not make you happy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is a lot of truth in that. Playing the game of

May 23, 2020, 9:35 PM

Most of you are oblivious to why we have gone to war, no noble cause, no WMD’s but to maintain the USD as World Reserve Currency.

Yep... The "Axis of Evil" are those that don't play....

May 24, 2020, 1:29 PM

As soon as Gaddafi mentioned a gold standard for Africa, he got taken out...

Iran, North Korea, Venezuela are all "under sanctions"...

Those FED and City of London guys like their exclusive IMF/World Bank...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe this is the karma we needed

May 23, 2020, 9:44 PM

Big picture Stalin and Pol Pot milled way more citizens of their own countries than all those you mentioned, still trying to figure out Pakistan though.

There’s plenty of good “interventionist” discussion going

May 23, 2020, 9:48 PM

on here and I wouldn’t want to get in the way of that but if I’m reading this correctly, are people wondering if the virus is karma for our active military foreign policy? Because that’s fairly ridiculous.

null

Re: There’s plenty of good “interventionist” discussion going

May 23, 2020, 9:54 PM

Not me because the ain’t no such thing.

C'mon. Once the word 'karma' is used among rational people,

May 23, 2020, 11:39 PM [ in reply to There’s plenty of good “interventionist” discussion going ]

which the people in this thread are, the discussion is about right and wrong, not a bogeyman keeping score. Don't invent things not being said.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, even in concept.

May 24, 2020, 7:59 AM

The virus did a number on Iran, Italy and Spain.

The concept would be more worthy of discussion if it was something that happened to America, not the world, wouldn’t it?

null

Re: Yes, even in concept.

May 24, 2020, 8:04 AM

Toss in that the original OP assumes the USA is the only country with similar scenarios on their hands. Even though some of his are actually faulty.

Possibly. The only flaw in that logic is that COVID affects the oppressed as much as the oppressors.

May 24, 2020, 8:10 AM

That said, to paraphrase Bob Dylan, “I love America. But America will be judged.”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not looking forward to that day then

May 24, 2020, 10:33 AM

Yeah, that is gonna be fun sitting around the old campfire singing kumbaya while sharing a pot of opossum stew.

Most everything we as a Nation does is to maintaining USA Inc. and assuring our ability to foster an illusion of a vast middle class. Policies,wars and interactions have this as the basis of anything the USA does across the globe, while you may not think that is great policy it does remain the number 1 priority.I for one will not sit around and complain about it, not as long as I wish to remain relatively economically sound in my life.Thing is the Covid may just be the thing that brings down the fiat currency and USD as World Reserve Currency, then we revert to a historical norm. Small wealthy class, small middle class,vast working poor class .

preach - but I do hold out hope for an expanded middle class

May 24, 2020, 1:50 PM

THAT is the core issue in our country right now, or at least it was pre-COVID. Now all bets are off as to whether we will have anything like an infrastructure to rebuild on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God blesses nations which bless Israel according to the...

May 24, 2020, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Possibly. The only flaw in that logic is that COVID affects the oppressed as much as the oppressors. ]

Bible. That is why I support a candidate who supports Israel. Israel is our spiritual mother. Israel is the only nation in that region where freedom reigns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

got nothing to do with what we're talking about***

May 24, 2020, 1:52 PM

Imo, it is exactly what is being talked about.

May 24, 2020, 2:18 PM

Dylan says America will be judged. My statement is exactly that, as a nation we are judged by how we deal with Israel. Unless there is a judge of nations on earth I can't imagine how else America would be judged but by God?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: God blesses nations which bless Israel according to the...

May 24, 2020, 9:36 PM [ in reply to God blesses nations which bless Israel according to the... ]

Bible. That is why I support a candidate who supports Israel. Israel is our spiritual mother. Israel is the only nation in that region where freedom reigns.

You realize that homosexual prostitution is legal in Israel, right? Look it up.

Maybe the city of 2000 yrs ago, but not so much our 'spiritual mother' in modern times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't believe in karma.

May 24, 2020, 10:29 AM

I believe the Bible.

Galatians 6:
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

God set this universe with natural laws, economics, thermodynamics, physics...and a law which governs a man, not men, it does not say men, it says 'a man.'

China did this. Your message is that God is paying us back or punishing us but God has not punished man since Christ died on the cross. Man got a stay of judgement until that day.

We have turned away from the truth of this pandemic and begun to blame one another. China did this, they released a virus and oversaw the spread of it to the world. It wasn't Cuomo, De Blasio, any of the pubs including Trump. I'm not saying they didn't make mistakes. We've all made mistakes but China is the root.

Nice thinking outside the box post but why single out

May 24, 2020, 10:32 AM

McCain when practically everyone in the Senate and House supported these wars that the general public supported in high numbers?

In the future we need to rethink these wars and what they will gain for us in the end other than feeling a little satisfaction for revenge of terrorist acts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice thinking outside the box post but why single out

May 24, 2020, 10:41 AM

Let us put this in order

Gulf War 1- Done to protect the oil producing nation to the south. No terrorists or anything close. No fly zones created to protect Iraqi citizens from ole Saddam's wrath, remember the gassing of the Kurds?

GWB Gulf War- Done not because of WMD's,terrorists but because ole Saddam had the audacity to start pricing oil in currencies other than USD. Thus putting a kink in the USD as World Reserve currency. OBL and Saddam were never in bed on terrorism as OBL would sooner kill Saddam and likewise the other way.

Pakistan still has me a bit baffled as the only thing we did there was kill ole Bin Laden who was there with the Paki Army's full knowledge and protection.

Funny thing is I fail to see how one little Senator McCain wielded so much power. Did he cast the votes to go to war all by himself? Lots of DEMS voted for it. SO all in all the OP is misinformed at best.

Re: Nice thinking outside the box post but why single out

May 25, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Nice thinking outside the box post but why single out ]

The majority of Dems voted against the war.
In the House the voting went like this.

Repub 215 in favor and 6 again
Dems 81 in favor and 126 against.

The Senate went like this.

Repubs. 48 in favor and 1 against.
Dems. 28 in favor and 21 against.

The public strongly supported the war. Only 25% opposed the war. I thought it was the most idiotic thing we had done as a nation in my lifetime. I think a lot of people felt it was unpatriotic to oppose the war.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic