Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nice Sammy story - Buffalo News
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,206

Nice Sammy story - Buffalo News

May 10, 2014, 9:22 AM

http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/jerry-sullivan/watkins-has-character-and-talent-20140509

Here’s the story they all love to tell about Sammy Watkins: A while back, Watkins was sitting in the office of Eugene Parker, his new agent. Watkins would soon be picked near the top of the NFL Draft and become a very rich man. “What kind of car do you want, Sammy?” Parker asked. “Any kind of car you want. We’ll have it waiting for you when you get off the plane.”

James McMiller, who is Watkins’ stepfather and helped raise him from birth, watched as Sammy sat quietly at the table, pondering the situation. What would he choose for his new wheels? A BMW? A shiny Mercedes?

“What came out of his mouth next blew me away,” McMiller said Friday afternoon as he stood on the field at Ralph Wilson Stadium. “He says, ‘I think I’ll wait on the car. I’ve got to pay you (Parker). I’ve got to pay taxes. I want to do some nice things for my mom. So once I do all those things and see what I can afford, then I’ll try to buy a car.’?”

Great kid.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice Sammy story - Buffalo News

May 10, 2014, 9:41 AM

That's one of the most important things that Dabo is trying to do for our Clemson athletes, is building them into responsible young men who make good choices with the right attitude toward their own lives and others whom they influence.
Sammy is a prime example of our coaches success at not only developing their athletic talent but also preparing them to make a positive impact on the communities where they end up!
Thank you Sammy for helping to continue the high standard of what we are trying to achieve at CLEMSON!!!

CLEMSON ROCKS!!!!!!! TIGERS ROLL!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2014, 10:47 AM

Very well said. This is a great young man & deserves all he will get. Dabo is a big part of the development of these young men & it shows with Sammy.
Go TIGERS & Bills

May 10, 2014, 9:48 AM

He is much wiser than his years. The is called setting priorities the right way.

May 10, 2014, 10:12 AM

anyone have a link to the sec board thread that said Sammy had already bought a Bentley?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks for the link to the story! Sammy AND his parents are

May 10, 2014, 10:56 AM

fine people and I'm proud of all of them!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,206
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic