Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ngata 5 Star
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,993

Ngata 5 Star

Dec 4, 2018, 11:46 AM

Clemson WR commit Joe Ngata has received his 5th star from rivals.

He jumped an incredible 24 spots up to #21 player in the country!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ngata 5 Star

Dec 4, 2018, 12:09 PM

That's called the "Clemson Effect". Ranking services now look at who the Tigers are recruiting and recognize Dabo and his staff are the better evaluators of talent.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2018, 12:33 PM

I believe there is reasonable truth in that statement!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still under-ranked

Dec 4, 2018, 12:13 PM

Ngata is the best WR in this class and I'm not sure it's that close. The only reason he isn't rated higher is his high school doesn't participate in any camps. So all of his evaluation is from game-film only. We all know how much 247 and Rivals value their camps.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Still under-ranked

Dec 4, 2018, 12:17 PM

Rivals did go see Ngata in person.

"I had not seen much of Ngata in person before this season but after I did during a game in September, it was clear he was not only one of the best players in California but one of the top receivers nationally. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Ngata reminds me physically of Tee Higgins. He's long, lean, athletic and a matchup nightmare on the outside. When I saw him, the Clemson commit showed off great athleticism, awesome hands and he can stretch the field or take a short pass and make people miss as he gains yards down the field. There is no reason to believe that Ngata won't be one of the next superstar receivers in Clemson's offense." – Adam Gorney, Rivals.com National Recruiting Analyst

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Still under-ranked

Dec 4, 2018, 12:25 PM

Yea, I've read that before. Without ever looking at any tape or highlights, my default is to ask.. "Where does Jeff Scott have him on his board?" I believe Ngata was at the very top of the board, and that is all I'd need to know to rank him as the #1 WR.

Dec 4, 2018, 12:13 PM

Awesome news!

Ngata is another Justyn Ross type receiver

Dec 4, 2018, 12:15 PM

with the physical skills to make an impact as a true freshman. He won't need a year to put on weight like Tee Higgins did to reach his potential. I sure hope his work ethic matches his physical abilities (like Ross and Derion Kendrick and Higgins).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Everything I've read says he is high-effort

Dec 4, 2018, 12:24 PM

He already really enjoys blocking and has highlights of him pulverizing defenders. He seems exactly like Ross/Kendrick/Higgins as far as an unrelenting competitor and student of the game.

To be honest, he reminds me more of Sammy than of Ross/Higgins.... no matter what, he is going to be another elite weapon here for Trevor and DJ.

Re: Everything I've read says he is high-effort

Dec 4, 2018, 12:48 PM

With Joe Ngata being from Cali, it can't hurt with the decision that DJ will have to make at some point!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ngata is another Justyn Ross type receiver

Dec 4, 2018, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Ngata is another Justyn Ross type receiver ]

He has to be, these kids just don't wake up one morning and someone tells them they are one of the top WR in the country, they had to work at it bc there is a lot more to being a 5 star receiver than the ability to catch a FB!!!!

An embarrassment of riches.

Dec 4, 2018, 12:27 PM

Dang it's great to be a Tiger!

Time for Rivals to also bump up Ladson

Dec 4, 2018, 12:28 PM

He's already a Composite 5 Star.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,993
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic