Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Spring preview: Tigers look to next man up across D-line
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

TNET: Spring preview: Tigers look to next man up across D-line

Feb 22, 2019, 3:51 PM

Spring preview: Tigers look to next man up across D-line

Breaking down the Tigers position by position going into the start of spring football on Feb. 27, taking a closer look at the Clemson defensive line. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Next man up will likely apply to the DE spot.

Feb 22, 2019, 4:29 PM

But there is NO WAY, even with all the evidence we have over the last several years of reloading on the DL, that those two DTs will be reloaded next year. Our DE depth is solid even after losing two NFL draft picks. But that is not the case for DT. I watched the Natty game again and focused on the two guys coming back next year. In the entire first 3 quarters, they didn't make a difference on a single down... except the 4th down attempt that we stuffed.

Watch it yourself and see.

Our DTs are good enough to get us back to the playoffs though, IMO.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Next man up will likely apply to the DE spot.

Feb 22, 2019, 5:08 PM

I disagree, but you have your opinions. While I know where you come from, I think our DT position will be just fine without moving any further DEs to the inside. The two that are injured have plenty of experience in the system, they just have to get healthy. This is not a bad thing as the reps will be going to the backups during the Spring which will provide a three deep system for the DTs during the season. Some big bodies in the middle to plug the gaps is all we need. Then we have them create chaos during blitz packages which opens the door for our DEs. I'm not at all worried about the defense. Our LBs can also run blitz packages which are designed for stuffing the run. We are deep from the LBs back into the secondary this season. Our DEs are solid and deep so we will be fine. Nobody running the ball against Clemson nor passing.. We will be back in the mix for another title this year. Our offense alone is, "ALMOST" enough to carry us to another title.

GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Here's to hoping they "grow up" in a hurry!!!

Feb 22, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Next man up will likely apply to the DE spot. ]

Experience is a wonderful teacher . . . Our new DTs and DEs will catch on quickly and surprise us all!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's to hoping they "grow up" in a hurry!!!

Feb 23, 2019, 10:08 PM

I agree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2019, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Next man up will likely apply to the DE spot. ]

I think Xavier Kelly is going to shock people this year. In Terms of pure speed he may be the fastest player on the entire D line (outside of Xavier Thomas) and if he has improved his technique I think he will explode this year as somewhat of a JJ watt/Aaron Donald role.

Watch Jimmy Greenbeans!

Feb 22, 2019, 6:56 PM

He has a way of working magic with pieces most DC's can't envision. Watch for some innovative use of three DE's. Remember Austin Bryant blowing up the WR screen at VaTech a couple of years ago?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2019, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Next man up will likely apply to the DE spot. ]

Any DR who has a tack!e rate of one tackle / 10 snaps is a great DT, especially if some are TFLs and sacks. I do not think any one player to replace CW, but this team might be better than last year's and this DL might be better too. We will be deeper this year of we stay healthy.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic