Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Top Pennsylvania linebacker says he could be "a good fit" for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

New Story: Top Pennsylvania linebacker says he could be "a good fit" for Clemson

Mar 11, 2018, 8:01 AM

Top Pennsylvania linebacker says he could be "a good fit" for Clemson

With a large class to fill in 2019, Clemson continues to expand its recruiting footprint and that includes Pennsylvania, home to one of the nation’s top linebackers.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way he gets to wear #4 though. Right?***

Mar 11, 2018, 8:05 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No way he gets to wear #4 though. Right?

Mar 11, 2018, 8:08 AM

Yeah I wouldnt think so

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No way he gets to wear #4 though. Right?***

Mar 11, 2018, 8:12 AM [ in reply to No way he gets to wear #4 though. Right?*** ]

Its plausible , so long as we have a patch laying around and somebody that's handy with a sewing machine .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 11, 2018, 10:54 AM [ in reply to No way he gets to wear #4 though. Right?*** ]

I really don't see why not, knowing that he is a defensive player. #4 on the offensive side of the ball represents Steve Fuller and DW4, and neither of those two guys ever played a down on the Defense at Clemson. So, why wouldn't it be OK if an elite defensive player wanted to wear #4 if he signed with us. I say print him up a few #4 jersey's to be worn on the defense only. It would be great if who ever was good enough to retire #4 on the defensive side of the ball also!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand your point. However,

Mar 11, 2018, 9:57 PM

name some defensive players who have worn #4 after it was retired for Fuller.

Re: I understand your point. However,

Mar 12, 2018, 9:47 AM

Even though I believe that is a moot point, it's OK if we disagree!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my regards to the young man and his fans

Mar 11, 2018, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: No way he gets to wear #4 though. Right?*** ]

but this recruit doesn't yet warrant bringing #4 out of retirement... and if I'm not mistaken, Fuller indicated and may have even said that DW4 was the first and last time he would give that permission... not that the rankings matter for how a recruit firs the program, but he isn't even a top 100 recruit by any of the services... unless I'm mistaken, a retired number is retired from the team, not just from offense or defense

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2018, 1:41 PM [ in reply to No way he gets to wear #4 though. Right?*** ]

#4 on the defense is different than the offense

Who wore #4 on defense after Steve Fuller’s # was retired?***

Mar 11, 2018, 9:51 PM

It's still a retired number!!***

Mar 11, 2018, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: No way he gets to wear #4 though. Right?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's still a retired number!!***

Mar 11, 2018, 10:01 PM

It’s not really retired else DW4 would have been DW5

Mar 12, 2018, 3:35 PM

He received special permission from Steve Fuller to bring it out of retirement (with the patch). However, they would indeed need to put it back into retirement officially, otherwise, it's no longer a retired number.

Mar 11, 2018, 10:01 PM [ in reply to It's still a retired number!!*** ]

It’s not really retired else DW4 would have been DW5

Great to see Dabo & his staff recruiting the NE

Mar 11, 2018, 9:13 AM

Love to see a home and home with Rutgers.....

Re: New Story: Top Pennsylvania linebacker says he could be "a good fit" for Clemson

Mar 11, 2018, 9:19 AM

Interesting no offer from Penn State

Re: New Story: Top Pennsylvania linebacker says he could be "a good fit" for Clemson

Mar 11, 2018, 10:17 AM

My thought as well. Not sure why that'd be. Good luck to him on his recruitment decision.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2018, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Top Pennsylvania linebacker says he could be "a good fit" for Clemson ]

magicman said:

Interesting no offer from Penn State

Thought the same thing, but they said "among others". Maybe Penn State is taboo to type.

Just add another 4 to that jersey and Welcome

Mar 11, 2018, 9:21 AM

:)

Mar 11, 2018, 10:31 AM

I love the recruiting up North. I live in the Philly area and Clemson is well represented up in this area. Sounds like he is a tackling machine. Nice offer sheet already.

Next Spencer Shuey..??

Mar 11, 2018, 2:21 PM

Similar build/position....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Next Spencer Shuey..??

Mar 12, 2018, 10:00 AM

This was my first thought as well when I saw the guy. We need another Shuey/Boulware type!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2018, 10:17 PM

Would love to see this young man be a full time student and player at Clemson. Would love to see and hear him roar like a Tiger!!!! Come on down to Clemson and help us get another Natty!!!! We believe in our Tigers!!! Great defense and great players. Great QB's and players. Come on WR lets show them just how great you guys are going to be. Go Tigers lets hear you roar!!!! Being it...focus, believe and execute!!!! Get ready take advantage of spring practice. I believe in you guys. KB lets get it done. QB's lets all be ready.

Mar 12, 2018, 1:27 PM

I think you have to show a bit more enthusiasm. ;)

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic